Practical Lawful Dissent - information assistance request

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent - information assistance request

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Delighted to hear you're working on our native movement, Donald, and I look forward to reading your paper.

I just wanted to echo exiledscouser's comment about the bathetic genesis moment, the seizure of Glastonbury Town Hall. This seems culturally significant, as well as a delightful study of cognitive dissonance. As you may already be aware, DR and a few scruffy followers boldly declared they had taken control of the building, and thus by implication seized some degree of state power. But at the end of that day the caretaker said they had to go because he was locking up, and they shuffled out peacefully leaving the brutal regime to continue it's rapacious oppression.

As exiledscouser remarks, this seems a fascinating crossover between quintessential Englishness and cult behaviour. No planning or preparation, no concept of what they would actually do with the power they purportedly seized, and meek compliance with petty authority. Compared for example with the Malheur Refuge, this was comically inept. But nonetheless they all trooped off to Wetherspoons to congratulate each other on this historic act of liberation, despite also knowing that it was a meaningless charade. And they celebrated DR as their heroic, visionary leader despite also knowing he was a shambolic fool.

It all reminds me of Life of Brian, especially the heroic arrival of the Judean People's Front crack suicide squad -

Another recent example, though somewhat more alarming, was when a bunch of aging evangelical Christians decided to "rescue" a child from imaginary Satanic abuse. They devised an elaborate plan but with no concept of opsec - even used their own cars without any disguise. The sheer naivety and disconnection from reality is astounding -
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... t-21719744
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.