More FMOTL evictions, Tom Crawford style

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

letissier14
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

More FMOTL evictions, Tom Crawford style

Post by letissier14 »

Just seen these two videos on my Facebook yesterday. Not sure how old they are, but I've never seen them before. Both seem to be based in Derby/Nottingham areas

1. PROOF is in the PUDDING and Fraudulent Paperwork is UNLAWFUL according to a FAILED House Repossession.

https://www.facebook.com/10009287010497 ... tid=zDhOQc

2. Resist, defy and do not comply with the tyranny that is infront of your eyes 👀

https://www.facebook.com/61552168675925 ... tid=zDhOQc
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: More FMOTL evictions, Tom Crawford style

Post by JamesVincent »

"What can you advise them to do" that was a question raised, how about pay your bills?? Or is that too simple an answer
Comment on the first video. Pretty much sums that up.
There was a great deal of comments about the officer telling them not to knock on the car window again. Ya know, I talk to LEOs pretty regularly. One of my best friends is a County officer. Only time I've ever seen an officer say something even remotely close to that is because someone was being an ass or the officer was engaged in a different way and didn't want the distraction. They're there to do a job and go home.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

The first one is one of our friend Banaman's efforts.

It's hard to tell if its an artefact of having someone quite dedicated recording and posting videos in the area, but there does seem to be a lot of FMOTL action in the ex-mining areas of S.Yorks/Derbys/Notts. A lot of overlap with the so-called 'Red Wall' where populist Tories were successful in GE2019. The full on anti-vaxx nutter Andrew Bridgen MP's seat is an ex coalfield one just to the S.

Why the connection? (if there is one) Distrust of authority going back to the Miners' Strike? But Notts was a scab area, and it was a very long time ago. Something to do with small communities with a mining related tradition of solidarity? Again, mining is long gone, and there will have been demographic change. There's probably a thesis there for someone!
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

letissier14 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:47 pm Just seen these two videos on my Facebook yesterday. Not sure how old they are, but I've never seen them before. Both seem to be based in Derby/Nottingham areas
To save me watching what were the end results, turned out, or not?
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

aesmith wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:13 pm
letissier14 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:47 pm Just seen these two videos on my Facebook yesterday. Not sure how old they are, but I've never seen them before. Both seem to be based in Derby/Nottingham areas
To save me watching what were the end results, turned out, or not?
I too find it nigh on impossible to watch these things to the end. The never ending stream of ill founded foklore from the hard of thinking is just too much. Never mind though as it doesn't matter what the outcome is, for the lead characters; not the hapless evictees, they're a bit part; "the play's the thing"! It's all street theatre.

TheRambler
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

I skimmed through the first one (second one's been taken down). Even on a cursory visit there is a constant stream of drivel: "I've discovered the court doesn't exist"; the inflation rate is 6.7% and 6 is the devil's number; "it's all here in Sweet & Maxwell" (who used to be a law publisher - taken over now) - waves a copy of Archbold's Criminal Procedure, 2006 edition; London isn't in the UK; judges join the BAR, so give allegiance to a foreign power; "I want to report an offence of obtaining property by deception" (offence replaced by Fraud by false representation in 2007); warrant invalid as not signed; Promissory Oaths Act, if an allegation of a criminal offence (even a non-existent one) is made against bailiffs they can't enforce.

However I think it can be adjusted a win, due (as it often is) to the police refusing to support the bailiffs, and telling them they need to come back with the actual warrant from the court.

So I expect they will, but at a time when the crowd isn't there.

They then called the police again in order to arrest the boarding up van driver for having a cracked windscreen, the police officer got out of his car, looked at the van, got back in his car and left without a word.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

SpearGrass wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:47 am However I think it can be adjusted a win, due (as it often is) to the police refusing to support the bailiffs, and telling them they need to come back with the actual warrant from the court.
This seems to be a recurrent issue, and results in considerable waste of time & money. If I was a bailiff, sheriff or CEO, I would have a procedure or template letter to notify police in advance that a repo was to be executed. Tell them the time & place, provide a copy of the order, copy of the company's registration/authority, certification of the individual bailffs, copy of public liability insurance, blah blah blah. And bring paper copies of all this to the repo, in a neat little plastic folder which can be handed to any police officer who attends.

Seems really basic to me, but I have zero knowledge or experience in this sector so maybe I'm missing something?
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Seems really basic to me, but I have zero knowledge or experience in this sector so maybe I'm missing something?
I have actually arranged evictions for a social landlord, admittedly some time ago. In most cases the property had been vacated, so bailiff attendance was a legal formality. Where the tenant was still in situ, and particularly if there were children present, the bailiffs would sometimes postpone in order to avoid unpleasant scenes. The one case I dealt with where the police attended and did the breaking in and removing the tenant had been pre-organised as a result of intelligence about them. I was out of the loop on that, and was just informed that it was going to be done that way, so don't know if it originated from police or bailiffs.

My guess would be that in at least some of the cases we see, the police are not aware in advance that there is likely to be a confrontation, and are reluctant to carry out an unplanned operation with a volatile crowd milling about. It may be that this represents a failure on the bailiff's part to inform the police in advance that trouble is likely. In my day, bailiffs would carry out pre eviction visits, and if this is still the case, you would have thought that the presence of mad notices about rights of access and the reaction of the evictee would have led to them requesting police assistance in advance. Mind you, perhaps they do and the police say they don't have the resources?

Incidentally, I can't recall seeing an agent of the organisation repossessing the property on these videos. I was always present at our evictions - it was us who booked the locksmith. Perhaps the problem is at least in part that there is nobody on site with an interest in the eviction going ahead. The bailiffs don't really care one way or another as they still get paid, and they'll be paid for re-attendance.