British press coverage of 'freemen'

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Flup

British press coverage of 'freemen'

Post by Flup »

Hi,

I've been following this sovereign nonsense for some time, and in the last week or two there has been a bit of coverage about 'freemen' in the British press which I thought might interest people here. Please forgive me if it doesn't :)

The Guardian (a left-leaning quality newspaper) published http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... upy-london written by someone involved with the current 'Occupy London' protest. He starts out sounding reasonable and measured, but unfortunately descends into this sort of thing:
The prison without bars is made by bits of paper.

Bits of paper like your birth certificate. All registered names are Crown copyright. The legal definition of registration is transfer of title ownership, so anything that's registered is handed over to the governing body; the thing itself is no longer yours. When you register a car, you're agreeing to it not being yours – they send you back a form saying you're the "registered keeper". It's a con. That's why I say I've never had a name.

We are all taught to be a name, the name on our birth certificate. But if you don't consent to be that "person", you step outside the system. According to the law books, a "natural person" (or human being) is distinct from the "person" as a legal entity. All the statutes and acts are acting up on the "person", and if you're admitting to being a person, you are admitting to be a corporation that can be acted upon for commerce.
(cue collective sigh)

The blogger 'Head of Legal' (http://www.headoflegal.com/) wrote a good rebuttal the following day: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... py-freemen. My favourite quote from that article:
The love freemen show for magic texts, incantations and ritual is not just funny: it shows a strange, childlike respect for the trappings of justice, and a commitment to jargon not even the stuffiest solicitor can match.
Quite a few bloggers picked up on this, and https://legalbizzle.wordpress.com/2011/ ... is-sacred/ is particularly good (scroll down for a hilarious TV programme on which someone wearing a '9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB' t-shirt makes me so so proud to be a member of the human race :?

Finally I humbly submit my little rant about all this that I wrote a few weeks ago; it's not remotely erudite but I was very pissed off when I wrote it, if that counts for anything! http://rainbow.chard.org/2011/11/10/sov ... -nonsense/

Cheers
- Ian
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: British press coverage of 'freemen'

Post by JamesVincent »

Welcome to Quatloos! Sorry about that. We get great beer and whiskey from your side and we send you sov'run nonsense back to your side of the pond. The funny thing, like was noted in the threads dealing with Canadian and Aussie sov'runs, their lifting most of their arguments and delusions straight from American psychos and using them with your systems, yet totally different governments, legal systems, customs, everything. I wish I could remember which thread it ended up in but I posted a video I found where the narrator said that the Mayor of London actually ruled England and that the Bank Of England was a Sovereign country all of its own like the Vatican and with the Rothschilds in control was the force that controlled most of the world. It would be in one of the Occupy threads Im sure, just dont have time to look for it right now.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Flup

Post by Flup »

On behalf of the British people I forgive you; after all, you've given us The Simpsons and South Park, which taken together more than make up for a few lunatics playing with Latin. It's still a very small and marginal thing here, but sadly I think it will spread as unemployment rises and people get desperate.

I've also noticed that lots of these people refer to US law (and indeed US 'law')... but what did you expect, for them to be logical? :?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

CaptainKickback wrote:I would like to thank Great Britain for Benny Hill, Elizabeth Hurley, the Page 3 girls, and Peter Sellers.
Not to mention the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Who, and the other bands of the "British Invasion".
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Flup

Post by Flup »

But we gave you Piers Morgan... I am *so* sorry about that.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Flup wrote:But we gave you Piers Morgan... I am *so* sorry about that.
Considering that it was British breweries who devised India Pale Ale, Porter and Stout, I'll cut you a lot of slack. Besides, having 4 British-born great-grandparents, it's almost a requirement that I do so.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Flup wrote:But we gave you Piers Morgan... I am *so* sorry about that.
Could be worse. The Canadians gave us chest-thumper Celine Dion.
Demo.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Demosthenes wrote: Could be worse. The Canadians gave us chest-thumper Celine Dion.
Along with Neil Young and Leonard Cohen:)
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

They shat us the Shatner too!
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I wonder if sometimes this is what the conversations get like between drunken ambassadors.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Flup

Post by Flup »

webhick wrote:I wonder if sometimes this is what the conversations get like between drunken ambassadors.
It's like Mornington Crescent, but with Ferrero Rocher.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Flup wrote:
webhick wrote:I wonder if sometimes this is what the conversations get like between drunken ambassadors.
It's like Mornington Crescent, but with Ferrero Rocher.
They will probably have to Google that. (But with the Belgian Variation and the blue counter facing upwards, I think I can say "The Strand".)
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I can't believe that there was no thanks given to the Brits for Monty Python. I go away for two weeks and the whole site just goes down the tubes.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

CaptainKickback wrote:Actually, it could possibly be said that England is one of the few places with true sovereign citizens - the Windsor family for example: Elizabeth, Chuck, Andy Eddie, Bill, Harry, and so forth.
Well, Lil Mountbatten is indeed a sovereign, but Phil and all the rest are her subjects. The thing is that being a sovereign isn't all it's cracked up to be, because under the British Constitution the Queen would have to sign her own death warrant, should one ever be legally mandated.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The United Kingdom doesn't have a sovereign, it has The Sovereign. Aside from having to sign her own death warrant, she's also not allowed to vote (no one on the civil list is permitted to vote), and cannot leave the island of Great Britain without permission of Parliament.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.