An All-New Deep Knight Adventure

Open discussion forum about NESARA, Dove of Oneness, Patrick Bellringer, Truth Warrior and all the others spinning the NESARA tale. Includes the latest rumors about the Galacticans comings to Earth and Jennifer's blood ozonation machine.

Moderator: Deep Knight

Deep Knight

Re: An All-New Deep Knight Adventure

Post by Deep Knight »

Bitcoin Crashes and Then Surges in Wild Weekend Action
Bloomberg Technology
By Justina Lee and Yuji Nakamura
November 12, 2017, 7:05 PM MST Updated on November 13, 2017, 7:59 AM MST

Bitcoin is proving that investing in digital currencies isn’t for the faint of heart.

After plunging as much as 29 percent from a record high following the cancellation of a technology upgrade on Nov. 8, the largest cryptocurrency came roaring back in early trading Monday before fluctuating between gains and losses.

“Crypto trading is not for the novice investor,” said John Spallanzani, chief macro strategist at GFI Securities LLC in New York.

While multiple reasons are being cited for the price volatility, one of the more viable is that some investors are switching to alternative coins. Bitcoin cash, an offshoot of bitcoin that includes many of the technical upgrades being debated by developers, has more than doubled in the same period.

“We have seen similar steep falls in bitcoin throughout the year -- specifically in June and September -- but every time a considerable decline occurs, new investors jump in to experience the new asset class,” Hussein Sayed, chief market strategist at ForexTime Ltd., a currency broker that uses the brand FXTM, wrote in a note Monday.

While markets had been focusing on bitcoin’s more than 500 percent surge this year, bitcoin cash was gaining popularity because of its larger block size. That’s a characteristic that makes transactions cheaper and faster than the original.

When a faction of the cryptocurrency community canceled plans to increase bitcoin’s block size on Wednesday -- a move that would have created another offshoot -- some supporters of bigger blocks rallied around bitcoin cash.

The resulting volatility has been extreme even by bitcoin’s wild standards and comes amid growing interest in cryptocurrencies among regulators, banks and fund managers. While skeptics have called its rapid advance a bubble, the asset has become too big for many on Wall Street to ignore. Even after shrinking as much as $38 billion since Nov. 8, bitcoin boasts a market value of about $110 billion.

Supporters of bitcoin’s technology upgrade “are now switching support to bitcoin cash,” said Mike Kayamori, head of Tokyo-based Quoine, the world’s second most-active bitcoin exchange over the past day. “There’s a panic about what’s happening. People shouldn’t panic. Just hold on to both coins until we see how it plays out.”

Read more: A QuickTake on the bitcoin community’s infighting

The cancellation of last week’s bitcoin upgrade has left users to choose between the two versions of the cryptocurrency. On one side is the original bitcoin, powered by so-called SegWit technology, which aims to improve its performance by moving unessential data off of its underlying blockchain. On the other side is bitcoin cash, which allows its blockchain to handle eight times as much data as the original.

Proponents of bitcoin cash believe their approach is simpler and closer to the original goal of bitcoin, which was described primarily as a payment system in its white paper. Supporters of the original bitcoin say that vision is too limited, and that by improving the blockchain with SegWit technology, bitcoin can become a new digital-asset class that not only supports payments but countless other functions.
"Follow the Money"
Deep Knight

Post by Deep Knight »

I see there's no Bitcoin thread at Quatloos, and perhaps there shouldn't be - I mean I believe it's an economic curiosity, if it's on the up and up, and not a scam. However, when "investors" lose their money, they may not be so generous. Notice I don't say "if," and I'm a chemist who tool a total of one economic class in College. But give me some credit, "I can see my nose when it's in the center of my face."

Right now the market is volatile again, and it's something some of you might enjoy watching real-time. IMHO this is a "bubble" that will collapse sometime, maybe very soon (and a whole hell of a lot sooner than the announcement of NESARA, prosperity packie deliveries, the GCR/RV, or ascension into HD - as fun as they would be to watch also). Anyway, just a head's up.

Bitcoin background:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-explai ... -year-old/ [For Five-Year-Olds, a good one for me]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... his-bubble

News Today:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/29/bitcoin ... ading.html

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-price- ... our-gains/
"Follow the Money"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Bitcoin took a major tumble in the last few weeks, may well have recovered by now, I don't know, I don't pay much attention to it, but the latest was just another hack in a long series of incidents and frauds over the last few years. I've since lost track of the countries where it is not legal for a variety of reasons.

It would be interesting to have a good clear topic on it though.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.