Tony Renfrow Fraud Trial (TNTTony, Dinar Guru/Conman)

Open discussion forum about NESARA, Dove of Oneness, Patrick Bellringer, Truth Warrior and all the others spinning the NESARA tale. Includes the latest rumors about the Galacticans comings to Earth and Jennifer's blood ozonation machine.

Moderator: Deep Knight

LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Tony Renfrow Fraud Trial (TNTTony, Dinar Guru/Conman)

Post by LightinDarkness »

wserra wrote:Jury selection set for June 8, 2015, in Kansas City. This has to be some kind of longevity record for federal court.
That puts a trial date of what, 3.5 years AFTER THE INDICTMENT? I am becoming increasingly less confident that Tony will serve jail time, although I hope I am wrong. Delays like this are almost always in favor of the defense - right?
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

LightinDarkness wrote:Delays like this are almost always in favor of the defense - right?
Yes. Except for defendants who continue doing stupid shit that can be brought to the attention of the sentencing judge or used by the govt during the trial to cross-examine, or even on its case-in-chief per FRE 404(b).

Do we know anyone like that?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LightinDarkness

Won't Renfrow's attorney simply argue his dinar stuff is a "speculative investment" and thus not technically a scam? I can see how it would be easy to convince a jury, especially people who don't understand much about financial scams, that Tony really believes the dinar will revalue eventually.

I mean we know what is really going on here. You have a better chance of winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning - at the same time - than a dinar RV occurring. But the chance is not zero. It is so small that is may as well zero, but technically, it is not zero. It is more like 0.01 with about a billion more 0's to the left of the 1. Of course, I believe Tony knows it will never RV and realizes it is all a big con, but you can't prove that.

I can see the public defender now "Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Renfrow's financial conference calls relate to speculative currency investment. There is no evidence that investing in exotic currency is a scam."
GMac
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by GMac »

LightinDarkness wrote:I mean we know what is really going on here. You have a better chance of winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning - at the same time - than a dinar RV occurring. But the chance is not zero. It is so small that is may as well zero, but technically, it is not zero. It is more like 0.01 with about a billion more 0's to the left of the 1.
How valid a defense would that be, given Tony's announced the RV being upon us in days (if not hours) and has been wrong every time? All the prosecution would need to do would be to play selected cuts from his conference calls, and remind the jury that he knew the chances were as close to zero as to be meaningless. (I guess - not being a law-type-knowing-person) :thinking:
However, their version of science is flawed because real science predicts no survivors left alive on earth if my father's Vatican endorsed food process is not revived and frankly immediatly is none too soon! -ERASMUS OF AMERICA
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

GMac wrote:
LightinDarkness wrote:I mean we know what is really going on here. You have a better chance of winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning - at the same time - than a dinar RV occurring. But the chance is not zero. It is so small that is may as well zero, but technically, it is not zero. It is more like 0.01 with about a billion more 0's to the left of the 1.
How valid a defense would that be, given Tony's announced the RV being upon us in days (if not hours) and has been wrong every time? All the prosecution would need to do would be to play selected cuts from his conference calls, and remind the jury that he knew the chances were as close to zero as to be meaningless. (I guess - not being a law-type-knowing-person) :thinking:
My memory is not what it once was; but in all of the "RV NOW!!!!!!!" e-mail blasts, and in all of the excerpts from the call-ins, I don't recall Tony, or anyone else, warning the marks -- er, investors, that they are being asked to put their money into a speculative, high-risk investment.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Deep Knight

Post by Deep Knight »

wserra wrote:
LightinDarkness wrote:Delays like this are almost always in favor of the defense - right?
Yes. Except for defendants who continue doing stupid shit that can be brought to the attention of the sentencing judge or used by the govt during the trial to cross-examine, or even on its case-in-chief per FRE 404(b).

Do we know anyone like that?
I assume this would be brought to the sentencing judge's attention by the prosecuting attorney, and that people interested in justice would write to them with evidence and links, yes?
"Follow the Money"
thunter

Post by thunter »

After three years, Tony's scam trial is going nowhere. He'll cop a plea, get a slap on the hand, and move on to another scam. Certainly never do jail time. He is clearly a conman. And he is clearly very smart. He's managed to beat the system and do it at tax payer expense with a public defender while running his Dinar guru scam openly and without consequence.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Deep Knight wrote:I assume this would be brought to the sentencing judge's attention by the prosecuting attorney, and that people interested in justice would write to them with evidence and links, yes?
In a democracy, achieving justice is everyone's responsibility.
- David Hume
LightinDarkness

thunter wrote:After three years, Tony's scam trial is going nowhere. He'll cop a plea, get a slap on the hand, and move on to another scam. Certainly never do jail time. He is clearly a conman. And he is clearly very smart. He's managed to beat the system and do it at tax payer expense with a public defender while running his Dinar guru scam openly and without consequence.
I hope you are wrong but fear you are very much correct.

I can just see the defense attorney objecting over relevance to any attempt to show the jury that Tony is operating a dinar scam. You are right, this guy is a consummate conman. He has probably made tons of money hawking dinar between Sterling under the table payments and donations. And clearly none of it is being reported for taxes as he got a public defender.

There are a lot of people out there who know what Tony is doing, and I suspect more than a few would write to the judge...but I am not sure how much it would sway them. A great deal of the ex-dinar true believers are still nuts, they just now believe in other scams (NESARA, Henderson's trust, etc.).
LightinDarkness

My memory is not what it once was; but in all of the "RV NOW!!!!!!!" e-mail blasts, and in all of the excerpts from the call-ins, I don't recall Tony, or anyone else, warning the marks -- er, investors, that they are being asked to put their money into a speculative, high-risk investment.
[/quote]

I hope that matters...because he certainly has never gave the impression that the RV was anything other than a "sure thing"
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

What I would like to see, in this case or some other someday, is one of these gurus being asked under oath to name their sources at the WTO, IMF, Treasury Department etc... They flat out lie about this stuff and as far as I'm concerned that's enough evidence of fraud for me.

Sure, you can think there's gonna be an RV, stupid isn't illegal, but if you're making money from pumping it and your reports are not vaguely familiar with the truth, well, what would you call that?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Deep Knight

Post by Deep Knight »

On the indictment:

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
vs.
ANTHONY RENFROW
and
WILLIAM “BILL” FOX
Case 2:12-cr-20041-CM

The prosecuting attorney is listed as:

BARRY R. GRISSOM
United States Attorney
District of Kansas
500 State Avenue, Suite 360
Kansas City, Kansas 66101

(913) 551-6730
(913) 551-6541 (fax)
Barry.Grissom@usdoj.gov
"Follow the Money"
wserra

Post by wserra »

The name of the United States Attorney for the district is on every indictment. The name that counts is that of the Assistant US Attorney prosecuting the case. That would be:

Scott C. Rask
Office of United States Attorney - Kansas City
500 State Avenue, Suite 360
Kansas City, KS 66101
913-551-6730
Fax: 913-551-6541
Email: Scott.Rask@usdoj.gov

Hope this helps.
- David Hume
GMac
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by GMac »

wserra wrote:Scott C. Rask
Why is that name familiar?
However, their version of science is flawed because real science predicts no survivors left alive on earth if my father's Vatican endorsed food process is not revived and frankly immediatly is none too soon! -ERASMUS OF AMERICA
Nellie
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Nellie »

I would be horribly disappointed if Tony didn't up doing some serious time. I have no legal background, but common sense tells me that what Tony is doing now would (or at the very least, should) have some relevance. It's not like his attorney can talk about what an upstanding member of society he's became since the collapse of the 14DailyPlus scam, when in reality he has a new scam going and has been making a living by duping his followers into sending in money for intel that is all fantasy BS. That and getting kickbacks from Dinar dealers is how he gets by.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Interesting doings this week. Docket entry 77, a minute order:
The defendant Anthony Renfrow has notified the court on 5/12/15 that he intends to change his plea. ... Change of Plea Hearing set for 5/21/2015 at 10:30 AM in Courtroom 463 (CM) before District Judge Carlos Murguia. (ss) (Entered: 05/12/2015)
Of course, I wouldn't put it past Tony to try to pull a fast one. We'll find out next week.
- David Hume
LightinDarkness

So after dragging this out for years, now Tony is going to plead guilty...probably to avoid jail time.
thunter

Post by thunter »

And Tony's fawning followers will say, "Way to stick it to the man, Tony!"
Completely missing the the fact that he stuck it to just your average guys trying to earn a buck. Guess instead of buying into Tony's MLM, they should have bought Dinar. Oh, wait...
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I wish there was a way to sentence Tony to a day in prison for every dollar his victims spent on dinar, dong and whatever Tony was pumping.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
thunter

Post by thunter »

Tony Renfrow pled guilty today. Still out on bail. Sentencing hearing in three months, I believe.