MonetizeCoLB... Not a scam, pyramid or Ponzi

Stock and Bond Fraud, including Boiler Rooms / Pump and Dump Schemes, Mutual Fund & Hedge Fund Fraud, FOREX scams, plus Churning, Private Placements, Venture and Bridge Funding, IPOs, Viaticals Fraud, HYIP and Prime Bank scams, MTNs, Historical Notes, Recovery Schemes, etc. Includes the Jim Norman Project and the Michael Dotson Project and similar HYIP scams.
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

MonetizeCoLB... Not a scam, pyramid or Ponzi

Post by longdog »

I stumbled across this via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/monetizecolb/) and while it's not UK based its international flavour makes it fair game for the UK forum in my humble opinion. I'm sure the mods will move it if they feel it's necessary (or just on a whim if they're feeling that way out I suppose :mrgreen: ).

So what is MonetizeCLoB?... Well the CLoB, in case you hadn't guessed is a 'Certificate of Live Birth' and the 'monetize' bit obviously relates to the usual 'birth bond' bullshit but what sets it apart from the usual free-and-worth-every-penny advice is the way the organisers are milking the marks for a steady income.

Before I go on I'll explain that This is not a scam, pyramid scheme or a Ponzi scheme... How do I know this? Glad you asked... I know it's not a scam, pyramid or Ponzi scheme because it says so on their webpage
This is NOT a scam. This is NOT a Ponzi Scheme. This is NOT a Pyramid Scheme.

http://monetizecolb.org/faq.php
So that's OK then.

How does it work?

To understand the sheer lunacy of this scam it's probably best to check out the website (http://www.monetizecolb.org/) it its full, inane glory but it works like this... And please note I'm dispensing with logic, reality and reason for the time being...

1. We all know that our birth certificate is worth millions of $, £, € or other currency unit of your choice.

2. By using the magical powers of fractional reserve banking all money can be multiplied by five by... err... I'll come back to that.

3. The financial genius behind MonetizeCLoB needs to collect 20,000 birth certificates (already achieved) and $5,000,000 in 'tuition fees' to purchase.

4. Once the targets have been reached they "issue an IBoE (International Bill of Exchange) into the PPP (Private Placement Program)"

5. Following the rules of fractional reserve banking as detailed in an old book...

...they magically turn the $5,000,000 into $25,000,000 with which they use to credit a debit card with somewhere between $10,000 and $400,000 depending on how much you have paid for 'tuition'.

6. ????

7. Profit!

In all honesty I've not really worked out exactly how this scam is supposed to work with regard to the 'investment' the marks have to make. it seems to be anywhere from $250 for the poor and gullible through to $25,000 for the much more money than sense plus an admin fee of $75 plus a 'receiving bank fee' (whatever that is) of $35 and... I think... $65 per month.

One of the more comical aspects of this nonsense is the fact that they pretty much admit it's a Ponzi scheme...
There is a window of opportunity now open to those ready, willing and able to pay tuition fees worth twenty five thousand dollars each for a special fast-track PPP provided three million dollars of tuition fees are accumulated for one PPP tranche. The yield will be fivefold for a one-time payout within 180 days PROVIDED the required tuition fees are available. If preferred, the multiplier effect with yields for fifty years can be worked out similar to that outlined in http://www.monetizecolb.org. Special classes three times a week will be held for this Training which will offer insights into the Finance & Banking Industry.

http://monetizecolb.org/files/WeAreEmin ... 5-2017.doc
A selection of other fine quotes...
Q: Has the law firm done this before, and can we receive testimonials from past Participants?

A: This is the third tranche the law firm is launching. The previous recipients of the past two Programs have extracted a hold harmless non-disclosure covenant from the tribal law firm for obvious reasons. You will not receive any testimonials for this exact reason.
We've done this twice before with great success but for purely legal reasons we can't actually prove it.
We recommend that you do not show the wireinfo instructions nor any emails you receive from the judge to your bank nor to the notary. This tends to cause them to ask lots of questions and sometime refuse to send the wire or notarize the document(s) for you. Give the bank ONLY the minimal information that is absolutely required to send the wire. The reason for the wire is 'Tuition Fees'. Do not discuss the program at the bank. Give them only the minimum information.
For god's sake don't show any of this crap to somebody who might tell you you're being scammed.

Q: What happens if the PPP is terminated or ceases to operate?

A: The banking system will collapse, there will be NO need for paper money, and we may return to the good old days of barter. It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY this will happen. If it ever did actually occur, you would still keep all of the money that you received prior to this. You would be far ahead of where you are currently.
Look... Stop worrying that we'll run off with your money... It's not going to happen... Cross my heart and swear on the gmail email address we're using to scam you.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Re: MonetizeCoLB... Not a scam, pyramid or Ponzi

Post by TheNewSaint »

This is NOT a Ponzi Scheme. This is NOT a Pyramid Scheme.
True. Its a HYIP Scheme. That's where you skip the "levels" and go straight to promising the marks huge returns, and taking their money.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

This notion that a birth certificate is somehow a treasure map leading to fabulous sums of money apparently started with some US mountebanks about 30 years ago. They conjured up a fake history that supposed that birth certificates ("b/cs") did not exist before the Great Depression, and were introduced as some sort of scheme by which (my narrative gets a bit foggy here because their stories were increasingly nonsensical and differed from conman to conman) foreign countries required b/cs as collateral to lend money to the US govt, and somehow, although it's not quite explained, enormous sums have been deposited and built up in the US Treasury for each and every b/c that was ever issued - each b/c in a separate account (no explanation for what happened about b/cs for children who did not survive to adulthood). Moreover, each and every person born in the US for whom a b/c was issued can withdraw these fabulous sums - or (and here it gets really dangerous) write checks for enormous sums on this account - and the US Treasury will provide the cash.

Short answer: No such accounts, the Treasury will not cover such checks and will not provide such money. People have gone to prison for fraud - bank fraud, mail fraud, all kinds of fraud - for trying to buy things, pay things, etc., this way. The IRS has gotten thousands of these bogus payments and treats them as fake checks, with the corresponding penalties. The only people making any money from this are the conmen who sell the 'instructions' and fake histories to desperate people, and who print up and sell the impressive but futile check forms that pretend to draw on these non-existent accounts. Many of the people who bought the instructions for this nonsense and got themselves into deep deep trouble, were already in financial trouble, were on the financial ropes when conmen extracted their last few dollars with these lies. Very sad and ugly.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Raw Whois Data

Domain Name: MONETIZECOLB.ORG
Registry Domain ID: D175569970-LROR
Registrar WHOIS Server:
Registrar URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Updated Date: 2015-12-30T21:52:04Z
Creation Date: 2015-03-10T16:09:50Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-03-10T16:09:50Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date:
Registrar: Network Solutions, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 2
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: C160409107-LROR
Registrant Name: Thomas Widlar
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 103 W GARFIELD AVE
Registrant City: Swanton
Registrant State/Province: OH
Registrant Postal Code: 43558-1231
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4034031788
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: email@yahoo.com
Registry Admin ID: C160409107-LROR
Admin Name: Thomas Widlar
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: 103 W GARFIELD AVE
Admin City: Swanton
Admin State/Province: OH
Admin Postal Code: 43558-1231
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.4034031788
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: email@yahoo.com
Registry Tech ID: C160409107-LROR
Tech Name: Thomas Widlar
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: 103 W GARFIELD AVE
Tech City: Swanton
Tech State/Province: OH
Tech Postal Code: 43558-1231
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.4034031788
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: email@yahoo.com
Name Server: NS8351.HOSTGATOR.COM
Name Server: NS8352.HOSTGATOR.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2017-09-28T14:15:55Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://icann.org/epp
Siegfried Shrink

CAVEAT: The material you have read is jurisdictionally protected by ecclesiastical and tribal law as endorsed and validated by federal Indian law. The substance of the material is for educational purposes and practical functions. We are not dealing with paper money, fiat money or Federal Reserve Notes (FRN) although Participants prefer to exchange FRN for learning about the Birth Certificate Monetization Program. We are dealing with an aurum yield equivalent to the worth and value as prescribed by the Deposit and Credit Multiplier found in Barron's Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms All Participants are deemed to be accredited investors under Regulation D Section 501, Securities and Exchange Act 1934.
Well, that's clear then.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:
CAVEAT: The material you have read is jurisdictionally protected by ecclesiastical and tribal law as endorsed and validated by federal Indian law. The substance of the material is for educational purposes and practical functions. We are not dealing with paper money, fiat money or Federal Reserve Notes (FRN) although Participants prefer to exchange FRN for learning about the Birth Certificate Monetization Program. We are dealing with an aurum yield equivalent to the worth and value as prescribed by the Deposit and Credit Multiplier found in Barron's Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms All Participants are deemed to be accredited investors under Regulation D Section 501, Securities and Exchange Act 1934.
Well, that's clear then.
That's much like PoE making occasional arse-covering statements that the Re was a unit of energy not currency while spending most of his time saying the exact opposite.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

longdog

Post by longdog »

I'm loving the lawyer's collar over the striped shirt motif. And to think people might doubt him :mrgreen:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

longodg wrote:
We recommend that you do not show the wireinfo instructions nor any emails you receive from the judge to your bank nor to the notary. This tends to cause them to ask lots of questions and sometime refuse to send the wire or notarize the document(s) for you. Give the bank ONLY the minimal information that is absolutely required to send the wire. The reason for the wire is 'Tuition Fees'. Do not discuss the program at the bank. Give them only the minimum information.

For god's sake don't show any of this crap to somebody who might tell you you're being scammed.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Siegfried Shrink

longdog wrote:I stumbled across this via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/monetizecolb/) .
Is it a breach of FB terms of service to use the site for fraud?
If so I think an FB member might try reprting this, and several members reporting this would be better than one.
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

I do believe it a breach:
You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Facebook.
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

Yes you're right, this does not belong on the UK forum, more like the NESARA forum. But as the mods seem to steer any miscellaneous crap our way we'll just have to accept it being plonked here.

It's mentioned on the main thread of the NESARA forum
viewtopic.php?p=234958#p234958

and there are 15 pages of dissection over at Thefogbow,
http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7775
although nothing's been posted there since this time last year.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:
longdog wrote:I stumbled across this via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/monetizecolb/) .
Is it a breach of FB terms of service to use the site for fraud?
If so I think an FB member might try reprting this, and several members reporting this would be better than one.
Much as I enjoy watching morons being moronic I have reported the Facebook page as a scam and I'd encourage others to do the same.
Siegfried Shrink

Their webpage is now gone. (error 404)
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

It's a tough decision, because of the birth certificate angle, but I think it fits better as bogus financial instruments.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:Their webpage is now gone. (error 404)
Perhaps they were just updating.

http://www.monetizecolb.org/updates.php

The scheme has changed as of just a day or two ago. (remember when WeRe Bank stopped issuing cheques and sold LLTs instead?) And you can buy into a "fast track" for $25,000.00 not just $500.
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

longdog wrote:In all honesty I've not really worked out exactly how this scam is supposed to work with regard to the 'investment' the marks have to make. it seems to be anywhere from $250 for the poor and gullible through to $25,000 for the much more money than sense
Anyone who puts even the minimum $250 into it has more money than sense.

Or, if that $250 was all they had, they did have more money than sense once but now they don’t.
Siegfried Shrink

Interesting link to Fogbow so I joined there as well. Some familiar usernames.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

They're just precious. They've bastard married redemption and HYIP, magik documents, Treasury Direct, Tribal and Ecclesiastical law, a whole bunch of financial terms that don't mean anything in the context they have them, and voila poof they have a scam. My biggest concern here other than the fools getting scammed for the "tuition" is the HUGE prospect of identity theft by these clowns having the fool's birth certificates.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

HardyW wrote:Yes you're right, this does not belong on the UK forum, more like the NESARA forum. But as the mods seem to steer any miscellaneous crap our way we'll just have to accept it being plonked here.
The UK forum is not a catch-all for miscellaneous crap, nor do the mods treat it that way. There are other parts of the site for that. If we feel as though something that someone has posted to a forum serves a better purpose somewhere else, such as an MLM or Ponzi scam posted to a UK tax-denier or sovereign citizen forum, then we move it to the MLM or Ponzi section of the site.

The fact is that we've been struggling to get the UK forum under control. It is, unfortunately, where most of our problem children choose to spend a lot of their time; there is a voluminous amount of posts that often don't say much of anything; and due to the time difference, many of the posts are made while the admins and mods here are asleep so things tend to spiral out of control before we can stop it.

Of course, if you feel as though a thread is off-topic for your forum, you are more than welcome to reply to the thread and point it out, as you did here.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie