Bernard Madoff arrested over alleged $50 billion fraud

Stock and Bond Fraud, including Boiler Rooms / Pump and Dump Schemes, Mutual Fund & Hedge Fund Fraud, FOREX scams, plus Churning, Private Placements, Venture and Bridge Funding, IPOs, Viaticals Fraud, HYIP and Prime Bank scams, MTNs, Historical Notes, Recovery Schemes, etc. Includes the Jim Norman Project and the Michael Dotson Project and similar HYIP scams.
SASssy70

Re: Bernard Madoff arrested over alleged $50 billion fraud

Postby SASssy70 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:52 pm

I really scares me that people can get away with this. I'm trying to figure out who are the top firms who perform those kind of services. I know of Reznick Group but does anyone know of anyone else?

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Postby wserra » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Lots of accounting firms perform SAS 70 audits. Most don't feel the need to spam bulletin boards for clients.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume

JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Postby JamesVincent » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:16 am

Wasn't sure whether I should resurrect this old thread or start a new one, figured it might be better to pull this one up.

NEW YORK — Andrew Madoff, the last surviving offspring of convicted Ponzi scheme architect Bernard Madoff, died Wednesday after a long struggle with cancer.

"Andrew Madoff has lost his courageous battle against mantle cell lymphoma," his attorney, Martin Flumenbaum, said in a statement.

Madoff, 48, died at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, surrounded by relatives, Flumenbaum said.

Funeral arrangements will be private, the attorney said.

Both of Madoff's son have passed now. I have already seen speculation that this will affect clawbacks and other issues in resolving Madoff's restitution.
"Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself Homo." Professor Farnsworth

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Postby notorial dissent » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:57 am

Truly tragic the destruction he brought down on his own family, I think they've all suffered a great deal. I was under the impression that the suits had pretty well cleaned the family out as far as any of Bernie's ill gotten gains. Otherwise, haven't really heard much at all about the rest of it in quite a while.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Return to “THE DILIGIZER BOARD -- Securities Fraud -- Due Diligence in Finance”