- Start more than one topic on a subject. If you post multiple topics, they are subject to deletion or merging.
- Post under multiple names to try to bolster your story.
- Think that you can post whatever you want and people will take it seriously.
- Make accusations of criminality without support. Especially on complaint, you will have to put up or shut up.
- Back up your accusations with something that can be verified. If there's a court case, at least give the docket number. If you've reported the person to the authorities, say so, and identify the relevant authority. If the person has misrepresented something, link to a website or a document scan. Understand that failure to document your accusations may convince people only that you're a crank.
- Invite other victims to tell their story as well (same rules apply).
- Respond to questions and comments about your subject.