Securities fraud

Stock and Bond Fraud, including Boiler Rooms / Pump and Dump Schemes, Mutual Fund & Hedge Fund Fraud, FOREX scams, plus Churning, Private Placements, Venture and Bridge Funding, IPOs, Viaticals Fraud, HYIP and Prime Bank scams, MTNs, Historical Notes, Recovery Schemes, etc. Includes the Jim Norman Project and the Michael Dotson Project and similar HYIP scams.
Tamagas

Securities fraud

Post by Tamagas »

How can I report a securities fraud? what evidence do I need? What about if they are Canadian Citizens playing offshore games? Second Passport etc.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Securities fraud

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Tamagas wrote:How can I report a securities fraud? what evidence do I need? What about if they are Canadian Citizens playing offshore games? Second Passport etc.
Give the Securities and Exchange Commission a call, and they will take it from there. The face that the fraudsters are Canadian citizens complicates things a bit; but the US has jurisdiction over this mater since the locus of the fraud is within the US. Collecting on any judgment will depend on 1) your ability to locate fraudster assets with the US, and 2) your willingness to take the matter before a Canadian court and locate fraudster assets up there.

Other Quatlloosers willsupply better answers, I'm sure; but this should give you a start.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
scottybaxton

Re: Securities fraud

Post by scottybaxton »

Securities fraud is a kind of modern crime where the victim is the one who trusts a firm or individual and making an investment based on the information he is given by the firm or individual(Stockbrokers). The victim is told false information or mislead by a false advice. These kinds of frauds are normally carried out by fraudulent companies, brokerage firms, stockbrokers, corporations or investment banks.

Nice to share this information..........
Last edited by webhick on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Remove commercial links. No commercials, please.