Allen Sanford update - Ponzi scheme fail

Stock and Bond Fraud, including Boiler Rooms / Pump and Dump Schemes, Mutual Fund & Hedge Fund Fraud, FOREX scams, plus Churning, Private Placements, Venture and Bridge Funding, IPOs, Viaticals Fraud, HYIP and Prime Bank scams, MTNs, Historical Notes, Recovery Schemes, etc. Includes the Jim Norman Project and the Michael Dotson Project and similar HYIP scams.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Re: Allen Sanford update - Ponzi scheme fail

Post by Lambkin »

110 years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/15/busin ... -case.html
“I’m not up here to ask for sympathy or forgiveness. I’m up here to tell you from my heart I didn’t run a Ponzi scheme.”
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Heard this earlier. With the allowance for good behaviour he should be out in about 91 years.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-35283297

Still professing his innocence. and spewing his: It wasn't me, I didn't run a Ponzi Scheme, the SEC/Gov't were out to get me, I am the victim here

I am sure his victims feel the same way, oh wait, many were old, and are now dead
To date only around $292m has been recovered, with $73m returned to Stanford's estimated 28,000 investors. Many are elderly and more than 170 have died since the scandal broke in 2009. Stanford is highly critical of the way the receivership has been handled, describing it as "a court-sanctioned theft of unimaginable proportions".
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Obviously he means theft from him, since he didn't do anything wrong, that and some swamp land in Zaire.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I was under the impression that Sanford was the only case I had ever heard of where the receiver had recovered more than the initial investments of the victims and they were actually getting a small profit compared to their initital investments.

Possibly, we're learning the difference between a big judgement and actually getting the cash a jury awarded you.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.