? Wire Fraud

Stock and Bond Fraud, including Boiler Rooms / Pump and Dump Schemes, Mutual Fund & Hedge Fund Fraud, FOREX scams, plus Churning, Private Placements, Venture and Bridge Funding, IPOs, Viaticals Fraud, HYIP and Prime Bank scams, MTNs, Historical Notes, Recovery Schemes, etc. Includes the Jim Norman Project and the Michael Dotson Project and similar HYIP scams.
Another Victim
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

? Wire Fraud

Post by Another Victim »

Please help. I have a small charity and I sent 50,000 Euros to an account in the US after being promised funds for a project. Our funds were to be invested. These funds were then transferred on without my knowledge to another company under the same name registered in Spain.

Do I have any chance of getting the funds back from the original company in US. Whenever I phone and ask for my money back I get told sorry they are merely the conduit for the funds and that my contract is with Spain. Surely as the receiving party they have financial responsibility to these funds? I live in the UK.

What advice can anyone give me, I am frantic and the second company has for several months just said they are awaiting wire confirmation every three days or so. I fear I have been scammed but am hoping that I have some leverage through the concept that this may have been wire fraud.

Thanks
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Re: ? Wire Fraud

Post by Thule »

Get a lawyer and/or talk to the police.

But you say you were "promised funds". What's the details here, why did you give money to the people who were supposed to fund you?
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Another Victim
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by Another Victim »

Thanks for response. I can do both of these but was hoping that I could claw back from the bank account where I sent the money to as they seem most adverse to any problems. The other Directors are forever telling me not to ph US as they have nothing to do with transaction.

I think I have fallen for the old scam of HYP. Have a contract and details of all parties and signatories passport numbers. Just cant believe they were so desperate that they would take money from a charity trying to set up a drop in centre for disaffected youth.

Have already contact FBI to be told deal so small it will sit on the bottom of the pile for months. Can you advise whether I have a chance of going for the original bank account holders where I sent the money?
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Another Victim wrote:Whenever I phone and ask for my money back I get told sorry they are merely the conduit for the funds and that my contract is with Spain.
So what does the contract say? The exact words, please, not your paraphrase.

You didn't give somebody €50K without a written contract, did you?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
blackwatch
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by blackwatch »

Another Victim,
Scumbags will take any money from anybody,
A charity is no exception.
We can help but need to know the full story.
Should you wish help please contact me at blackwatch09@gmail.com
If not, have a nice day anyway.
blackwatch
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

If people do not do their due diligence before wiring money to other countries they should also be blaming themselves. What percentage of business and charitable activity are scams or wasted money? 50%? more? "Let your alms sweat in your hand until you know to whom to give it".
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)