Brown supporters sentencing

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Brown supporters sentencing

Post by Demosthenes »

Jason Gerhard is scheduled to be sentenced next week. His pre-sentencing report federal sentencing guideline range came in at 57 to 71 months, and the one weapon count has a statutory minimum sentence of 60 months. The DOJ has given notice that they intend to ask for a significant upward departure from this 60 to 71 month range.
Demo.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Re: Brown supporters sentencing

Post by The Operative »

Another question might be regardless of the length of his sentence, will Jason Gerhard learn from his mistakes and lead a productive life or will it just be a step in the path to becoming the next Timothy McVeigh?
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The Operative wrote:Another question might be regardless of the length of his sentence, will Jason Gerhard learn from his mistakes and lead a productive life or will it just be a step in the path to becoming the next Timothy McVeigh?
I think it is doubtful, as I still don’t think he understands what he did that was not only deadly stupid, but just plain wrong. The really tragic part is that he has thrown away his life for, as CK so aptly put it, “...a crazy old coot who ONLY cares about himself...”, and it still hasn’t sunk in. I truly do not see him surviving prison, he is one, not smart enough, and two just won’t catch on. I have a feeling he will spend the short remainder of his life as trade credit.

On the other hand, I am not sure but what we are not better off not having him out playing G I Joe with really dangerous toys with his obvious lack of judgement.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

I seem to recall that the weapons charge could not be served concurrently with any other sentence. Is my memory bad this morning?

Also, can someone post when the sentencing will be. I will try to get it in my appointment book and show up.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Bob Wolffe - 7/31/08 10:00 am (1 hour alloted)
Jason Gerhard - 7/31/08 11:00 am (2 hours alloted)

Reno's sentencing is in September, and Danny's date will be set after his psych evaluation is complete.
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:Bob Wolffe - 7/31/08 10:00 am (1 hour alloted)
Jason Gerhard - 7/31/08 11:00 am (2 hours alloted)

Reno's sentencing is in September, and Danny's date will be set after his psych evaluation is complete.
Its got to sober you up to know that very soon you'll be sentenced to AT LEAST 5 years in prison. Wow, that would be tough to face down. Given that Jason's just a kid, he's got to be scared shitless. Hopefully, it scares him out of his stupidity.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:I seem to recall that the weapons charge could not be served concurrently with any other sentence. Is my memory bad this morning?
They way I read the government's motion, the pre-sentence report recommends 57-71 months for counts 1-3 alone. The five year minimum for the weapons charge is consecutive.
ErsatzAnatchist

Will the sentencing take place in Concord or Maine?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Sentencing is in NH.

New entries on Jason's docket:

07/28/2008 483 MOTION for Downward Departure and Sentencing Memorandum by Jason Gerhard. Follow up on Objection on 8/14/2008. (Norkunas, Stanley) (Entered: 07/28/2008)

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/gerhard483.pdf

07/28/2008 484 MOTION to Exclude Confidential Information by Jason Gerhard. Follow up on Objection on 8/14/2008. (Norkunas, Stanley) (Entered: 07/28/2008)

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/gerhard484.pdf

07/29/2008 485 MOTION to Suppress Evidence by Jason Gerhard as to Daniel Riley, Jason Gerhard, Cirino Gonzalez, Robert Wolffe. Follow up on Objection on 8/15/2008. (Scully, Liam) (Entered: 07/29/2008)

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/gerhard485.pdf

Jason's lawyer is asking for a 7 year prison term (5 years for the weapons charge plus two years for the remaining counts.)
Demo.
Imalawman
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:Jason's lawyer is asking for a 7 year prison term (5 years for the weapons charge plus two years for the remaining counts.)
Good to see that he's at least using his lawyer and not screwing things up for himself. That at least shows signs of hope. But damn, 7 years is still a long long time in the slammer.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I bet he's looking at closer to 12 years.
Demo.
ErsatzAnatchist

What is Robert Wolfe looking at in terms of the PSI Report?

ETA: On Pacer, the sentencing memorandum is sealed.
SheWolffe

Post by SheWolffe »

Even though I have never participated in the forum, I check in daily to keep up with the news here. I had no idea that Bob's records were sealed until I read it here. I believe the records are sealed for my safety. There has been a question of threats floating around but I won't elaborate on that. My stomach is doing cartwheels that would impress P.T. Barnum right about now. I am of course hoping for the best possible scenario on Thursday. It's been a very long year.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Threats against you? How nasty.
Demo.
Imalawman

Post by Imalawman »

SheWolffe wrote:Even though I have never participated in the forum, I check in daily to keep up with the news here. I had no idea that Bob's records were sealed until I read it here. I believe the records are sealed for my safety. There has been a question of threats floating around but I won't elaborate on that. My stomach is doing cartwheels that would impress P.T. Barnum right about now. I am of course hoping for the best possible scenario on Thursday. It's been a very long year.
I wish you and yours the best, but maybe with the threats against you, you now will have some empathy for those that your husband (?) threatened as did the people he supported. If it matters, I think Bob did the smartest thing of any of the Brown arrestees.

Can I ask you a question? Do you and your husband (again I am assuming who you are) now regret ever coming to aid the Browns. Do you now see Ed as a narcissistic a-hole?
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

SheWolffe wrote:Even though I have never participated in the forum, I check in daily to keep up with the news here. I had no idea that Bob's records were sealed until I read it here. I believe the records are sealed for my safety. There has been a question of threats floating around but I won't elaborate on that. My stomach is doing cartwheels that would impress P.T. Barnum right about now. I am of course hoping for the best possible scenario on Thursday. It's been a very long year.
I am sorry to hear about the threats. I hope that they all end up being empty. While I have never been in the situation of waiting for the sentencing of a family member, I can imagine that this is a very difficult time even without the added stress of threats. Good luck.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Jason's pleading is completely devoid of sovereign terminology. I wonder if anyone in the tardesphere will accuse him of selling out.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

grixit wrote:Jason's pleading is completely devoid of sovereign terminology. I wonder if anyone in the tardesphere will accuse him of selling out.
He has two good lawyers, courtesy of us taxpayers.
Demo.
SheWolffe

Post by SheWolffe »

Imalawman wrote: I wish you and yours the best, but maybe with the threats against you, you now will have some empathy for those that your husband (?) threatened as did the people he supported. If it matters, I think Bob did the smartest thing of any of the Brown arrestees.

Can I ask you a question? Do you and your husband (again I am assuming who you are) now regret ever coming to aid the Browns. Do you now see Ed as a narcissistic a-hole?
I am not a tax protester, nor conspiracy theorist, and if anybody has regrets, it's me. I regret not knowing who Ed Brown was early in the game. I regret not discussing this in depth with Bob more aggresively. I regret not saying with finality - NO, when it came to receiving packages in my home. I wished I’d paid more attention to the signals that seem so obvious today.

Ed Brown? You've go no argument from me. I never had much contact with him and when I did, I didn't like him. I hope he rots in his cell.
Imalawman

Post by Imalawman »

SheWolffe wrote:
Imalawman wrote: I wish you and yours the best, but maybe with the threats against you, you now will have some empathy for those that your husband (?) threatened as did the people he supported. If it matters, I think Bob did the smartest thing of any of the Brown arrestees.

I am not a tax protester, nor conspiracy theorist, and if anybody has regrets, it's me. I regret not knowing who Ed Brown was early in the game. I regret not discussing this in depth with Bob more aggresively. I regret not saying with finality - NO, when it came to receiving packages in my home. I wished I’d paid more attention to the signals that seem so obvious today.

Ed Brown? You've go no argument from me. I never had much contact with him and when I did, I didn't like him. I hope he rots in his cell.
By the way, I want to just make clear that I think the fact that you've been threatened is disgusting and certainly hope that you remain safe. I didn't mean to imply the opposite.