Heresy among Hendrickson's losthorizons Heroes?

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Heresy among Hendrickson's losthorizons Heroes?

Post by Famspear »

At losthorizons, "justinprime" writes in response to another poster:
.....this is contrary to CtC knowledge and has no place in this Forum. It's speculation, and poor speculation at that.
User "SaintPaul" responds (in part):
....I object to your declaration that questions about "claims" made by anyone other than a CTC-educated mindset (propaganda?) have no place in this forum......
And "justinprime" responds in part with:
......At this point, I am saying the topic of this thread is completely inane and irrelevant to CtC education......
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... c&start=15

And SaintPaul comes back with this (bolding added by me):
Well, if that's the way it is, there won't be much more to talk about on the forum at all, will there? Decoding IMF transcripts isn't part of CTC since the last time I reread it. Neither are Tax Court strategies.

I mean, we can all just read CTC so many times, and that's it.

You know, initially when the "Maryland return" ala S.A.P (Save-A-Patriot) surfaced in the early-mid 1980's, full refunds were made to the early waves of submissions. When I did it, it was: "No soup for YOU!" Fines and levies followed. And NO ONE ever got that kind of refund again. Initially when Irwin Schiff's "zero returns" surfaced with his publications in the early 1990's, I heard that refunds were received. When I did it, it was: "No soup for YOU!" More fines, levies, and seizures followed. And NO ONE ever got that kind of refund again. CTC-educated returns in the 2000's resulted in refunds of over $10 million, I've heard/seen on Lost Horizons. When I did it, it was: (you guessed it) "No soup for YOU!" And, now, a $5,000.00 fine for every attempt. Some say that they do still get refunds from CTC-educated filings. Now "how" can that be, when it's not been my experience? Will CTC-educated filers continue to receive refunds? How many that did, and then hounded by you-know-who for those refunded amounts back, have reported back to this forum as to the outcomes?

As it is, the forum's been pretty skimpy lately since SkankBeat has apparently decided to refrain from any more ("go-nowhere") common law contributions. Or, are you saying that he has been banned from the forum?

CTC is what it is, but that's all it is. Put another way, confident though you may be that the Commandment states "Thou shalt not kill", what do you do while you're being murdered? "Reviewing" the Commandment doesn't help much, does it? But yet, talking about any other "possible" alternative won't be "allowed"? Something's "missing" and maybe we won't be able to resolve it the CTC-educated way.
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... c&start=30

:shock:

Oh my! Pontificating Prevaricating Pete, the Preposterous Prisoner, the Fabulous Felon, the Bloviating Blowhard, the Haughty Hendrickson, must be rolling over in his, uh, prison bunk.....
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Re: Heresy among Hendrickson's losthorizons Heroes?

Post by Famspear »

In response to SaintPaul's comments about Schiff-type tax returns and other frivolous returns, "justinprime" writes:
Well, all of these have been shown to be comeplete BS by Tax Court and by Pete as well. Read through the LH site, particularly the "Misunderstandings" section and you will see that. I have never seen a dismantling of CtC by anyone. I've seen CtC-educated returns be fined and levied, sure. But typically these people do something non-CtC like alter the jurat. The IRS nor Tax Court nor any federal authority has ever said "All money received, 'income' or not, for any activities all, is taxable." However, they have given those other tax-protestor types repeated punishments in court for their truly frivolous positions.
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... c&start=30

The issue is not whether "all money received", etc., is taxable. The issue is whether Cracking the Code is a correct statement of the law. The essence of the Cracking the Code scheme is the theory that private-sector, non-federally privileged earnings are not taxable for Federal income tax purposes.

That theory is blatantly false.

And yes, justinprime, you have seen a complete dismantling of Cracking the Code -- in the numerous court decisions where the scam has been ruled to be false and fraudulent. The scam has lost in court every single time:

http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/peter-hendrickson
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Although no court will ever provide the exact words that "All money received, 'income' or not, for any activities all, is taxable" there is sufficient statement by the Supreme Court about what is and is not gross income for purposes of the income tax.

From COMMISSIONER v. GLENSHAW GLASS CO., 348 U.S. 426 (1955)
at http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/g ... 8&page=426
It is conceded by the respondents that there is no constitutional barrier to the imposition of a tax on punitive damages. Our question is one of statutory construction: are these payments comprehended by 22 (a)?

The sweeping scope of the controverted statute is readily apparent:

"SEC. 22. GROSS INCOME.

"(a) GENERAL DEFINITION. - `Gross income' includes gains, profits, and income derived from salaries, wages, or compensation for personal service . . . of whatever kind and in whatever form paid, or from professions, vocations, trades, businesses, commerce, or sales, or dealings in property, whether real or personal, growing out of the ownership or use of or interest in such property; also from interest, rent, dividends, securities, or the transaction of any business carried on for gain or profit, or gains or profits and income derived from any source whatever. . . ." (Emphasis added.) 4

This Court has frequently stated that this language was used by Congress to exert in this field "the full measure of its taxing power." Helvering v. Clifford, 309 U.S. 331, 334 ; Helvering v. Midland Mutual Life Ins. Co., 300 U.S. 216, 223 ; Douglas v. Willcuts, 296 U.S. 1, 9 ; Irwin v. Gavit, 268 U.S. 161, 166 . Respondents contend that punitive damages, characterized as "windfalls" flowing from the culpable conduct of third parties, are not within the scope of the section. But Congress applied no limitations as to the source of taxable receipts, nor restrictive [348 U.S. 426, 430] labels as to their nature. And the Court has given a liberal construction to this broad phraseology in recognition of the intention of Congress to tax all gains except those specifically exempted. Commissioner v. Jacobson, 336 U.S. 28, 49 ; Helvering v. Stockholms Enskilda Bank, 293 U.S. 84, 87 -91. Thus, the fortuitous gain accruing to a lessor by reason of the forfeiture of a lessee's improvements on the rented property was taxed in Helvering v. Bruun, 309 U.S. 461 . Cf. Robertson v. United States, 343 U.S. 711 ; Rutkin v. United States, 343 U.S. 130 ; United States v. Kirby Lumber Co., 284 U.S. 1 . Such decisions demonstrate that we cannot but ascribe content to the catchall provision of 22 (a), "gains or profits and income derived from any source whatever." The importance of that phrase has been too frequently recognized since its first appearance in the Revenue Act of 1913 5 to say now that it adds nothing to the meaning of "gross income."
Nor can we accept respondent's contention that a narrower reading of 22 (a) is required by the Court's characterization of income in Eisner v. Macomber, 252 U.S. 189, 207 , as "the gain derived from capital, from labor, or from both combined." 6 The Court was there endeavoring to determine whether the distribution of a corporate stock dividend constituted a realized gain to the shareholder, or changed "only the form, not the essence," of [348 U.S. 426, 431] his capital investment. Id., at 210. It was held that the taxpayer had "received nothing out of the company's assets for his separate use and benefit." Id., at 211. The distribution, therefore, was held not a taxable event. In that context - distinguishing gain from capital - the definition served a useful purpose. But it was not meant to provide a touchstone to all future gross income questions. Helvering v. Bruun, supra, at 468-469; United States v. Kirby Lumber Co., supra, at 3.

Here we have instances of undeniable accessions to wealth, clearly realized, and over which the taxpayers have complete dominion. The mere fact that the payments were extracted from the wrongdoers as punishment for unlawful conduct cannot detract from their character as taxable income to the recipients. Respondents concede, as they must, that the recoveries are taxable to the extent that they compensate for damages actually incurred. It would be an anomaly that could not be justified in the absence of clear congressional intent to say that a recovery for actual damages is taxable but not the additional amount extracted as punishment for the same conduct which caused the injury. And we find no such evidence of intent to exempt these payments.
For those having difficulty seeing the relevant phrases in the excerpt from the decision:
1. The sweeping scope of the controverted statute is readily apparent

2. This Court has frequently stated that this language was used by Congress to exert in this field "the full measure of its taxing power."

3. But Congress applied no limitations as to the source of taxable receipts, nor restrictive labels as to their nature.

4. And the Court has given a liberal construction to this broad phraseology in recognition of the intention of Congress to tax all gains except those specifically exempted.

5. Such decisions demonstrate that we cannot but ascribe content to the catchall provision of 22 (a), "gains or profits and income derived from any source whatever."

To most readers it would be quite clear that the Court's description of the sweeping scope of the full measure of Congress' taxing power with no limitations as to the source of taxable receipts, nor restrictive labels as to their nature, (which the Court has given a liberal construction to this broad phraseology in recognition of the intention of Congress to tax all gains except those specifically exempted) in the catchall provision is sufficent to show that there is not an iota of legal correctness in Hendrickson's Cracking the Code and the claim that only income from certain activities or privileges are included in gross income for purposes of the income tax.

For others, the fact that the income was payment extracted from the wrongdoers as punishment for unlawful conduct (that cannot detract from their character as taxable income to the recipients) would put to rest any claim that a federal privilege must exist for an item to be included as gross income subject to the income tax .

Although not quite "All money received, 'income' or not, for any activities all, is taxable" the statement that all gains except those specifically exempted are intended by Congress and recognized by the Court to be included in gross income subject to the income tax is clear and comprehensive.

Of course, clarity is not possible for the willfully blind.
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

justinidiot wrote:I have never seen a dismantling of CtC by anyone.
Read more Tax Court Cases.

Well, that's not gonna work, because I know you read Mooney's which is a pretty good dismantiling of CtC, but you're too thick to understand it. The problem is not in your set, Justin, you're just not willing to see it.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The problem is, this is how the crackheads read that...
For those having difficulty seeing the relevant phrases in the excerpt from the decision:
1. The sweeping scope of the controverted statute is readily apparent
Yes, but the MEANINGS OF THE SPECIAL WORDS are not.

2. This Court has frequently stated that this language was used by Congress to exert in this field "the full measure of its taxing power."
Upon anyone getting a payment that comes from a Federal Privilige

3. But Congress applied no limitations as to the source of taxable receipts, nor restrictive labels as to their nature.
Which means it applies to all those payments from the exercise of Federal privilge

4. And the Court has given a liberal construction to this broad phraseology in recognition of the intention of Congress to tax all gains except those specifically exempted.
But they play "word of art" games with the phrases!

5. Such decisions demonstrate that we cannot but ascribe content to the catchall provision of 22 (a), "gains or profits and income derived from any source whatever."
But they don't tell you the secret meaning of Gains or Profits or Income which are all special words, not the same as how normal everyday language uses them
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Famspear wrote:At losthorizons, "justinprime" writes in response to another poster:
.....this is contrary to CtC knowledge and has no place in this Forum. It's speculation, and poor speculation at that.
I noticed this little gem from "justinprime" in the same thread;
Show me a single court ruling that verifies any of this nonsense and I may entertain the idea.
This is of course a splendid idea. Now, if only "justinprime" would apply the same standard to CtC.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Crackhead wrote:Show me a single court ruling that verifies any of this nonsense
Quite inadvertently, they're slowly creeping toward the horrifying truth. Only a couple of more dots to connect. Should only take another couple of years and 10 or 15 more losses like PH's and Looney Mooney's multiple losses.

When they finally get there, well, as the early maps said of the area beyond known lands, "Here be monsters."

Except that their CtC map will finally say "Here be liens, levies, financial ruin, divorce, bankruptcy and prison. Welcome to reality."
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

. wrote:Quite inadvertently, they're slowly creeping toward the horrifying truth.
But will most likely be detoured when a new scammer with a new scheme will tempt them into going into the dark alley of mythical detaxation. Rinse and repeat. After all, it looks like SaintPaul has been involved in several of these schemes over the years without coming to the realization that the tax protest movement, in and of itself, is a failure. My bet is that he will jump into the next scam headfirst that comes along.

The problem is only partially due to scammers. The fact that there are greedy, selfish, stupid people who want to believe what the scammers are saying is the rest of the problem.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote:SaintPaul has been involved in several of these schemes over the years without coming to the realization that the tax protest movement, in and of itself, is a failure.
But he'll probably see the blinding light on the road to FCI Damascus.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:
The Observer wrote:SaintPaul has been involved in several of these schemes over the years without coming to the realization that the tax protest movement, in and of itself, is a failure.
Given the track record of Irwin Schiff, Ed Brown and Dick Simkanin, I doubt it.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Losthorizons user "justinprime" wrote:
I've seen CtC-educated returns be fined and levied, sure. But typically these people do something non-CtC like alter the jurat.
"Typically"? OK but what about the CtC followers who did not alter the jurat, and did not make any other "mistakes"? What about Patrick Michael Mooney? Why did he lose? Why did he lose TWICE in U.S. Tax Court? What about Pete Hendrickson himself? Why did he lose both his civil tax case and his criminal tax case? He used his scheme on his own tax return. The government sued him regarding the erroneous credits or refund he claimed on those returns, and he lost. Why couldn't Pete get "Cracking the Code" to work for him in court? Why is he in federal prison?

The standard, "pat" answer that Pete and his followers give is that "the courts are corrupt" or "the IRS employees are corrupt" or some variation of those themes.

But that's no kind of an answer.

The acid test of the validity of any theory about income tax law is the testing of that theory in a court of law. The ability of a user of such a theory to win in court on that theory is what counts. The win/lose record of that theory is relevant to an understanding of the theory's legal validity.

Pete's followers continue to strain in a search for some sort of relevant information not already found in the Cracking the Code text and the losthorizons web site.

But why?

Hendrickson's followers are struggling to create a false rationalization for their defeats. They contend that the reason they are having problems with denials of refund claims, problems with impositions of penalties for frivolous returns, problems with tax liens, problems with levies, etc., is that IRS employees are corrupt.

They contend that the reason they have lost in court every time -- even when they present CtC "correctly" -- is that the courts are corrupt.

But these "rationalizations" are no answer. These "rationalizations" contradict the essense of what Hendrickson himself has stated about his Cracking the Code scheme. Pete Hendrickson himself has stated:
ANYTHING THAT IS RELEVANT TO THE "INCOME" TAX SUBJECT WILL BE FOUND ACCURATELY AND APPROPRIATELY ADDRESSED IN CtC AND/OR ON THIS WEBSITE. ANYTHING NOT FOUND ADDRESSED IN CtC AND/OR ON THE WEBSITE IS NOT RELEVANT TO THE "INCOME" TAX SUBJECT, AND WILL INTERFERE WITH YOUR ACCURATE COMPREHENSION OF THE SUBJECT.
How the federal income tax laws interface with the legal system is, essentially, how those laws are interpreted by the courts in an actual case or controversy. According to Hendrickson, the description of how the federal income tax laws interface with the legal system is an integral part of the text of Cracking the Code. Hendrickson rejects the idea that there are any "supplemental" notions that need to be added to what is already found in CtC and the web site. Hendrickson states:
......Any and all notions concerning the nature of the "income" tax-- how it is applied, why it can be thus applied, how it interfaces with the legal system and so forth-- which are not taught in CtC or on this [losthorizons dot com] site (exclusive of forum posts, of course) are just inherently wrong or are entirely irrelevant to the tax. They are raised or promoted either in ignorance or for ill purposes.
Such notions should not be debated or discussed [in the losthorizons dot com forum] -- doing either is a waste of valuable time and energy. There is one simple response that is appropriate when presented with "alternative" or "supplemental" notions of this sort: "You didn't find that in CtC or on losthorizons.com, so put it out of your mind...."
So, according to Hendrickson, much of what his followers are currently discussing at the losthorizons web site is "inherently wrong" or "entirely irrelevant."
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Just like any junkie, these people find it a lot easier to shoot up again rather than kick the habit. All too many of them will be easy targets for the next smooth-talker who claims that he/she know how to utter the Magic Words in just the right way to make the IRS go away.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote:
wserra wrote:
Given the track record of Irwin Schiff, Ed Brown and Dick Simkanin, I doubt it.
They had different logins.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:They had different logins.
Ah, I see. Mea culpa.

silversopp

Post by silversopp »

The Observer wrote:But will most likely be detoured when a new scammer with a new scheme will tempt them into going into the dark alley of mythical detaxation. Rinse and repeat. After all, it looks like SaintPaul has been involved in several of these schemes over the years without coming to the realization that the tax protest movement, in and of itself, is a failure. My bet is that he will jump into the next scam headfirst that comes along.
SaintPaul didn't just mention that he got into those scams, he mentioned that by the time he did the scam, it no longer worked. He's not so much complaining about being scammed by Schiff and others, but rather that he's never gotten in on the scam before the IRS realized what was going on and stopped it.

That's the other problem here. These scams do work at first. CtC filers were getting big refund checks. The followers of other gurus were having success at first. The scammers create a very convincing story: "follow my tax guidelines and you can pay zero income tax just like GE! And here is a list of hundreds of success stories." It appears stupid to educated folks like you, but to the average person, it can sound legitimate. When that average person tries the method, and for the next three years pays no income tax, he think he's correct. Then when the government comes back asking for that money plus fines and interest, he gets pissed off and believes the government is screwing him over.

The biggest problem is the government enabling the gurus by giving out inappropriate refunds in the first place. Why is it that when a new tax scam comes out, the people here at Quatloos recognize it immediately as a scam - but the IRS takes years to fix their system to prevent the scam from working? (I know the answer to that...the legal system here takes years and the software the IRS uses is far from perfect)
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

silversopp wrote:..........The biggest problem is the government enabling the gurus by giving out inappropriate refunds in the first place. Why is it that when a new tax scam comes out, the people here at Quatloos recognize it immediately as a scam - but the IRS takes years to fix their system to prevent the scam from working? (I know the answer to that...the legal system here takes years and the software the IRS uses is far from perfect)
I hear that.

I recall that the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) issued a report in January a year ago, entitled "Insufficient and Inexperienced Staff Could Reduce the Ability to Detect and Stop Fraudulent Refunds."

The report noted that for the 2008 processing year, a total of $1,959,992,377 in fraudulent refund claims were identified and a total of $1,683,912,973 in refund claims were blocked. Assuming that these are "apples and apples" statistics (i.e., that the blocked refund claims related specifically to the same refund claims made as cited in the statistic, and not in part to some refund claims filed in an earlier processing year), that is a success rate of over 85% in terms of dollars. The failure side of it consists of $276,079,404 in fraudulent refund payments that were actually issued in that one year.

I have pointed out before that Pete Hendrickson claims that his followers have secured at least 10 or 11 million dollars in refund claims over the years. Assuming that CtC refund claims started around 2003, and doubling that figure to 22 million dollars to account for followers who did not bother to post their "victories" at losthorizons, over a period of eight years (let's say, 2003 through 2010, inclusive) that would come to an average of $2,750,000 per year ($22 million divided by eight) -- a drop in the bucket compared to the fraudulent refunds that went out in one year (i.e., $2,750,000 divided by $276,079,404 would be less than 1%).

But of course, to the "Cracking the Code" dingbats filing these fraudulent claims, the scheme looks like a huge, legally sound "success" story, at least as long as the refunds are coming in. These idiots cannot put the dollar amounts in perspective.

And when the erroneous refunds are issued, the Crackheads "conclude" that it's happening because the IRS "knows" that Pete is correct. But when the IRS follows up with claims to have the money returned, or with frivolous penalties, liens, levies, etc., the Crackheads switch their thinking around and claim to "believe" that IRS employees are "corrupt".

What a bunch of losers.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Some left handed well wishing from Saintpaul:
justinprime,

Thank you for your response.

"Worrisome" and "wondering"? I can assure you that you do not have anything to worry or wonder about me.

I commend you for having stepped-up and put your money where your mouth is, so to speak. Godspeed your anticipated/expected victory.

In the alternative, I am confident that you will bully the IRS into submission, face-to-face, with the correct and lawful CTC-educated knowledge. Hopefully, you have W-2's (and not mere 1099's) that you have addressed so that the incidental Form W-4 "tar baby" will also be obliterated for all time where "losers" (like myself, Pete, Doreen, Bob, and all the others before you for the last fifty (50) years since "Red" Beckman - yes, the 1960's) have failed.

I am not being facetious or sarcastic here (though I can understand how you might believe so), and I sincerely wish you the best possible outcome.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

In his response to that, Justinidiot makes two comments I just have to say something about..
Justinidiot wrote:I have no problem disclosing that I do not have a Victory as of yet. I filed an educated filing for the first time this year and am awaiting a response. But what does this have to do with the accuracy of what I am saying to you? Just because one has not thrown a touchdown in the NFL, does this mean they may not watch a game, comment on it and try to teach stats?
The problem is you're a kid who didn't make the 7th grade team trying to teach the likes of Bill Walsh, Paul Brown, and the last 20 players named to the Hall of Fame. And you're arguing that a touchdown can be worth anywhere from 34 to 17 points, depending on how the person who carried it over the goal laced his shoes.

If one has never driven a car, should they not warn the driver if they are about to hit a pedestrian?
There are no shortage of people who are trying to tell you you're going down a path pretty close hitting something, maybe you should listen to what's obvious instead of teaching what you don't even know enough to know you don't know.

Oh, and Justin? We're still waiting on those pics of your wife. Surely you'll want to know she's being well taken care of while you're in prison, right?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote:In his response to that, Justinidiot makes two comments I just have to say something about..
Justinidiot wrote:I have no problem disclosing that I do not have a Victory as of yet. I filed an educated filing for the first time this year and am awaiting a response. But what does this have to do with the accuracy of what I am saying to you? Just because one has not thrown a touchdown in the NFL, does this mean they may not watch a game, comment on it and try to teach stats?
The problem is you're a kid who didn't make the 7th grade team trying to teach the likes of Bill Walsh, Paul Brown, and the last 20 players named to the Hall of Fame. And you're arguing that a touchdown can be worth anywhere from 34 to 17 points, depending on how the person who carried it over the goal laced his shoes.

If one has never driven a car, should they not warn the driver if they are about to hit a pedestrian?
There are no shortage of people who are trying to tell you you're going down a path pretty close hitting something, maybe you should listen to what's obvious instead of teaching what you don't even know enough to know you don't know.

Oh, and Justin? We're still waiting on those pics of your wife. Surely you'll want to know she's being well taken care of while you're in prison, right?
Justin reminds me of a football player who hears that there is some extremely clever way to scor a touchdown in a football game. Without telling anyone else except his best buddies, he uses the technique and finds himself on a clear path to the opponent's goal line with no one else anywhere near him. His head is so full of visions of glory, for himself, that he isn't aware than penalty flags have been thrown and whistles blown, and that not only will his touchdown be called back, he had earned multiple penalties for his team, and possibly even a suspension for himself.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Justin reminds me of a football player who hears that there is some extremely clever way to scor a touchdown in a football game. Without telling anyone else except his best buddies, he uses the technique and finds himself on a clear path to the opponent's goal line with no one else anywhere near him. His head is so full of visions of glory, for himself, that he isn't aware than penalty flags have been thrown and whistles blown, and that not only will his touchdown be called back, he had earned multiple penalties for his team, and possibly even a suspension for himself.
To expand on that analogy, he's like a football player who's declared himself free of the NFL imposed rules because he's discovered that the real rules don't require you to stay inside the lines like a good little slave. So he goes wide-- really wide, and runs around behind the bleachers, then cuts back to end up between the goal posts. Then when the referee calls it Out of Bounds, he declares the referee suspended.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4