Another pro se lawsuit against the Federal Reserve

The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Re: Another pro se lawsuit against the Federal Reserve

Post by The Operative »

AFTP wrote:What throws up a red flag to me is that the Fed has never been audited.
Some like Ron Paul want that but it seems that others are scared to mess with them. :thinking:
As others have already pointed out, the Fed is independently audited by one of the big public accounting firms. For the past few years, that has been Deloitte and before that is was PriceWaterhouse Coopers. These independent audits are required by law (see 12 USC §248b ) The independent audits are a part of the Federal Reserve's annual reports to Congress. Obviously, these reports have been viewed by Ron Paul. ETA: The annual reports for the last several years are available online at the Federal Reserve Board of Governors website

As Demo has pointed out, the GAO also performs audits of the Federal Reserve though these audits are restricted by the FOUR limitations in 31 USC 714. Some of those restrictions (deliberations, discussions, communications, etc.) wouldn't normally be a part of an audit anyway, though there are instances where such things would be considered.

Ron Paul's "audit the fed" crusade is simply a part of his effort to have monetary policy be transferred to Congress. He tried for many years to get a bill disbanding the Federal Reserve with no luck. For the past few years, he switched to a bill that his followers call "audit the fed" and he has had a little more success with that (by getting more co-sponsors), especially with the economic situation of the past few years. In the end, it only gets traction because of quick catch-phrases and people are uneducated about the Federal Reserve and its actions.

Since I know that Ron Paul has seen the independent audits and he still calls for his "audit the fed" bill, it is obvious to me that Ron Paul is a pompous and arrogant nutcase who thinks he knows better than every modern economist and everybody else.

ETA2: For any Ron Paul supporters out there, I apologize if my opinion of Ron Paul offends or upsets you. However, it is my opinion, I am entitled to it, and I believe that Ron Paul's actions provide ample evidence for my opinion.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

Post by AFTP »

So even though some think the Fed is some Zionist evil cartel it's actually a good thing for America?
I've heard it's bad because they made us go off the Silver and Gold Standard.
Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
The Operative

Post by The Operative »

AFTP wrote:So even though some think the Fed is some Zionist evil cartel it's actually a good thing for America?
I've heard it's bad because they made us go off the Silver and Gold Standard.
"They" didn't make us go off the gold standard, the gold standard was gradually abandoned by every developed country due to its inflexibility in allowing a central bank or government to determine monetary policy. Many economists have argued that the depression lasted longer than it needed to because some countries refused to abandon a gold standard. The countries that abandoned the gold standard early during the Great Depression recovered quicker than the U.S. economy.

While I could write a book or two about the Federal Reserve, the simplest thing for you to do is to examine the economic upheavals between 1814 and 1910 and compare those to the economic upheavals of 1914 to 2010. For the most part, the economic upheavals of the latter period were shorter and less disruptive than the economic upheavals of the earlier period.

So, while some may believe the Federal Reserve is some evil, zionist cartel, those beliefs are usually based upon an incomplete knowledge of economic history or simple conspiracy theory nonsense.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The Operative wrote:...
As others have already pointed out, the Fed is independently audited by one of the big public accounting firms. For the past few years, that has been Deloitte and before that is was PriceWaterhouse Coopers. ...
One has to wonder what that might be worth: :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7402
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Operative

Post by The Operative »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
The Operative wrote:...
As others have already pointed out, the Fed is independently audited by one of the big public accounting firms. For the past few years, that has been Deloitte and before that is was PriceWaterhouse Coopers. ...
One has to wonder what that might be worth: :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7402
I already saw the article. My retort is what is the alternative to independent audits? We all know that internal audits alone aren't going to cut it. Also, for large companies and organizations, who else will have the capability to perform annual financial audits? Financial audits for large organizations are not some one week, one month or even one quarter affair. For large companies, an annual financial audit is practically all-year long and involves many auditors.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I guess my question would be what are you expecting to find in an audit?

Don't get me wrong, I probably have, and with better reason, a more jaundiced opinion of the integrity and auditing capabilities of the major auditing firms, but that aside, for the most part, they are providing the information that is required of them.

The Fed is, and has been audited consistently and continually over the years, so again, my question is what are you expecting to find? What is so magical about an audit?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Latest docket entry:
07/18/2011 11 PAPERLESS ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE. THIS CAUSE came before the Court upon the Defendant's Motion to Dismiss Complaint 10 . Plaintiff's Response to this Motion 10 was due July 5, 2011, and Plaintiff has not submitted a Response. Accordingly, Plaintiff is hereby Ordered to SHOW CAUSE by August 2, 2011, why the Court should not grant Defendant's Motion 10 by default in accordance with Local Rule 7.1(c). The Clerk of the Court is instructed to mail a copy of this Order to Show Cause to the Plaintiff at his last known address: 2889 N.W. 91st Avenue, Apt 104, Coral Springs, FL 33065-5071. Show Cause Response due by 8/2/2011.. Signed by Judge K. Michael Moore on 7/18/2011. (rg1) (Entered: 07/18/2011)
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Dezcad wrote:Latest docket entry:
07/18/2011 . . . Plaintiff has not submitted a Response.
I'm shocked.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

Shocked yes, but are you surprised??

Based on the gov’t’s response to the suit, there really isn’t much that they/he can come back with other than the usual, “but but but we really do have a case, we really do, you just have to squint real hard and pretend like any of this makes sense, suspend any intention of actually paying attention to the law, and then not thing about it too hard”, sort of response.

It would seem that the next step in this little melodrama would be a dismissal with prejudice.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra

Post by wserra »

And, for the second time in this thread, we find ourselves needing to split off a thread hijack, Tilting at Lawful Money, prompted by the written stylings of Don David Merrill, el Caballero de las Palabras Escogidas al Azar ("the Knight of the Random Words").
- David Hume
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

wserra wrote:I give up.

Whatever;

This was filed Monday. Jesus said something about children and childish simplicity that you might think about.

I told you. Nothing can stop Scott Gregory. Well, except maybe Mel GIBSON.

Way to go Wesley!! You stalled out a perfectly good thread with that last stunt!
The Dog
First Mate
First Mate

Post by The Dog »

David Merrill wrote:This was filed Monday. Jesus said something about children and childish simplicity that you might think about.
So did Thomas Henry Huxley:
"Sit down before fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and whatever abysses nature leads, or you will learn nothing."

Words I think you should heed.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

From the "pleading" filed Monday:
Scott Gregory Beach wrote:The defendant has challenged my standing to petition the Court to order the defendant to wind up its business and dissolve. I believe that I have as much right as anyone else to bring such a petition because United States law does not vest in any particular person the authority to file such a petition.
It's rare to see a plaintiff concede both that he has no standing and no cause of action in one sentence.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Should be a textbook example of mispleading :D .
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent

As well as acknowledged that there is no law allowing for what he wants to do, i.e. dissolve a Federal Reserve Bank. What more could the defense ask for?

I would suspect the dismissal with prejudice will not now be long in coming.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

notorial dissent wrote:As well as acknowledged that there is no law allowing for what he wants to do, i.e. dissolve a Federal Reserve Bank. What more could the defense ask for?

I would suspect the dismissal with prejudice will not now be long in coming.

I think you are wrong but you should look at the Complaint for yourself, finally.

Speaking for myself - even if Scott Gregory has the law correct, he has no cause. He has not been injured. His remedy was written into the 1913 Fed Act at §16:

And is still found at Title 12 U.S.C. §411 today. As published. I explained that to him and he says that he can shut down the Atlanta Fed as private attorney general.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

I am a man. Kwai Chang KANE.

I am a fraud. Judge Roy Bean.
David Merrill wrote:You obviously have not read Legal Identity; The Coming of Age of Public Law by Joseph VINING.

[ed: Moved irrelevant (and copyright violating) link / hijack attempt.

Like Mel or Paramount will ever come after a Patoon!! JRB swapped out this link for the original link.

Point being that Scott Gregory will have to drop his Title BEACH and become like the Great Tao - I am a man - before we can all join him. Dedicated to D.M. JRB realizes that there is even a slimmer chance of Joe trying to take a bite. In fact, over the years I am the only man to ever read his book correctly!

When we finally connect with each other, and have no standing, that is the beginning of qui tam - the start of the human class action. Private attorney general. According to VINING when we no longer have that Standing, we are all the same - a class. Humanity. From there we automatically elect Scott Gregory for our private attorney general. Actually by definition, any of us could be! - Because we all are - general.

It was a good try though. Usually I would not have clicked on the link, being as I already knew what was supposed go come up...
wserra

Post by wserra »

- David Hume
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

wserra wrote:Dismissed yesterday.

What a kind judge! He has given Scott until the 2nd to salvage that by describing the injury.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

wserra wrote:Dismissed yesterday.
What a kind judge! He has given Scott until the 2nd to salvage that by describing the injury.
I might need to explain that to Quatludes:

The judge jumped the gun!

Ripe? Not yet! Why would the judge be warning Scott Gregory?