Brosserts Pulling An Ed And Elaine

Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Brosserts Pulling An Ed And Elaine

Post by Joey Smith »

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Brosserts Pulling An Ed And Elaine

Post by fortinbras »

I had wondered what became of Roger Elvick and I see that prolonged confinement and psychiatric attention has not improved him.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

fortinbras wrote:I had wondered what became of Roger Elvick and I see that prolonged confinement and psychiatric attention has not improved him.
It's hard to improve when you're a 75 year old former "Aryan Nation" associate and ex-con.

:roll:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

A nutball, and apparently a contagious nutball at that. I would say I was surprised he wasn't in the middle of this, but I rather suspect he is of the ilk who readily encourages others to lunatic acts while staying safely on the side lines.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Here are two prior reported court decisions regarding a "Rodney Brossart" in North Dakota:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case? ... 73&scilh=0

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case? ... 99&scilh=0
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Hmm, a sovereign and a rustler. But it looks to me as if the real issue is cussedness. The issues of public right of way vs farming public land adjacent to yours, fixing the road next to you, and so forth seems like something that should be easily resolved among the citizens themselves but it appears that Brossert can't even be bothered to ask permission to dump a load of gravel in a soft spot or try to work out a schedule to share the divider strip with his neighbors. Instead he seems to go out of his way to aggravate the neighbors.

And now he's cussed himself into a possible felony.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent

Sounds to me like this bunch really ought to live a whole lot further out in the back of beyond where there are fewer neighbors to have to fight with. I'm actually rather impressed with the local restraint, they usually just shoot people like that and be done with it out there.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Six weeks later, and the Brossarts finally gave up and turned themselves in.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/159 ... appearance
Demo.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Re: Brossarts Pulling An Ed And Elaine

Post by Lambkin »

This will be a fabulous meme for the tin-foil hat brigade.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... 2571.story
Reporting from Washington— Armed with a search warrant, Nelson County Sheriff Kelly Janke went looking for six missing cows on the Brossart family farm in the early evening of June 23. Three men brandishing rifles chased him off, he said.

Janke knew the gunmen could be anywhere on the 3,000-acre spread in eastern North Dakota. Fearful of an armed standoff, he called in reinforcements from the state Highway Patrol, a regional SWAT team, a bomb squad, ambulances and deputy sheriffs from three other counties.

He also called in a Predator B drone.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Brossarts Pulling An Ed And Elaine

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Lambkin wrote:This will be a fabulous meme for the tin-foil hat brigade.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... 2571.story
Ryan Calo, director for privacy and robotics at the Stanford Law School's Center for Internet and Society wrote:"It could make us question the doctrine that you do not have privacy in public."
What? :thinking:
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Another news story on the Brossarts:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... fight-case
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
xanadu

Post by xanadu »

This whole mess, which started as a very simple problem has grown beyond all reasonable
bounds. If at his first trial, Brossert had had a jury of his peers ( rural farmers like himself ),
he would have been found not guilty. But a jury of " city folks " did him in.
Now he's charged with rustlering 6 cattle. I believe N.D. is an open range state, which basically means, " No Brand - His cows ". They used to lynch cattle thieves. Times have
changed but not Brossert.
They used a drone aircraft to track him down. The U.S. is one of the world's largest
defenders of " sovereign air space ". Yet it appears that a citizen of the U.S. has no
sovereign air space rights of his own. Do as I say, not as I do.
One news item branded him a " Sovereign ". Not true, if he had not paid his taxes, he would
have lost his 3,200 acre ranch long ago.
I believe he's a simple country farmer, that's having a hard time living in the 21th Century.
notorial dissent

xanadu wrote:This whole mess...
I’m sorry, I just have to ask, what planet and or reality did you say you were from???

There is nothing “simple” about this “whole mess”, as you put it.

In the first place what makes you think he didn’t have a jury of his peers, in ND, there isn’t much option for anything else, and if he had had some of his neighbors on the jury they would probably have voted for hanging.

What part of this guy and his family are dangerous loons don’t you get? The whole family have a loooong history of “issues” with the local law, as well as their neighbors for that matter, and this was just the latest and worst. In that part of the world, you don’t threaten people with guns, and particularly not the local sheriff and expect to keep your hide in one piece. There is a lot of latitude for stupid, but there are limits, and Brossert has long since tromped over that line.

Yes, you got part of it almost right, ND like most western states is an open range state, which means cattle are to be branded, not that unbranded cattle are fair game. Like lunch, there are no free cattle. If they get into your property, you can charge for board, damages, nuisance value, and probably about anything else, but you can’t keep them. They’re not yours!!!!

The simple fact is that they weren’t his, so they had to belong to someone else, and he decided to take them, which is called rustling, a not so fancy name for theft. And actually, I wouldn’t bet on times having changed all that much, from what I have heard from friends in ND, he is lucky the law got to him first. Patience is a virtue, but it has its limits, and from what I have read, he has long over reached that of his neighbors. Considering the actual value of livestock in this day and age, it could well have come under the heading of felony theft on top of it.

Another point, airspace in the US is claimed SOLELY by the Federal Gov’t, and it has long been held in court that if someone can see something either from above a property or in passing over, it is fair game. The drone wasn’t launched until after a search warrant was issued, so the point is moot even if there were one.

As to whether or not he is a “sovrun” since he seems to hold the opinion that the laws his neighbors have to abide by don’t apply to him, I would say he fits the bill whether or not he has been paying his taxes or not, maybe his wife isn’t thrilled with the idea of being homeless, who knows, or for that matter cares?

Simple minded, I’ll grant you, but from the sounds of things, he is just plain and simple an nasty piece of work and it was only a matter of time before he actually hurt someone just being “a simple country farmer”, and from the sounds of it that should actually be “rancher”.
notorial dissent

Pretty much, and not too bright in the bargain.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

CaptainKickback wrote:So, you are saying he is a hornswoggling, cattle-rustling, cheap-jack, four flushing, back shooting, yellow bellied, sod buster?
Didnt you say he was a rancher? Sod busters are farmers.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"