Chester Davis - Portland, Oregon

Stanley#8

Chester Davis - Portland, Oregon

Post by Stanley#8 »

Old thread in the Archives from 2007 about him, but he was recently arrested and jailed with no bail.

Press Release from US Attorney's office - Oregon
PORTLAND, Ore. � Chester Evans Davis, 55, of Oregon City, Oregon, was arraigned today on federal tax crimes in U.S. District Court. Davis is the president and owner of ESA International, LLC, located in Gladstone, Oregon (formerly known as ESA NW, Inc.), a company that provides power system software and engineering services to several federal governmental agencies, among other clients. Davis is charged in an eleven-count indictment with five counts of tax evasion, four counts of willful failure to file corporate tax returns, one count of corruptly endeavoring to obstruct and impede the due administration of the Internal Revenue laws, and one count of uttering a fictitious obligation. U.S. Magistrate Judge Dennis J. Hubel detained Davis as a flight risk at today�s arraignment. Trial is scheduled for May 22, 2012, before the Honorable Michael H. Simon.

The indictment alleges that from March 2003 until October 2011, Davis attempted to evade payment of the federal income taxes he owed, by concealing money and assets in a warehouse bank and shell corporations, by purchasing large amounts of gold and by submitting fictitious obligations to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) purportedly to satisfy his outstanding tax assessments. The indictment also alleges that Davis received substantial taxable income in tax years 2007 through 2010, but that he attempted to evade and defeat the assessment of income tax due by transferring his income to a nominee bank account and then using that account to purchase millions of dollars worth of gold. Furthermore, Davis failed to file corporate tax returns on behalf of ESA NW, Inc. for tax years 2005 through 2008.

Davis is also charged with corruptly endeavoring to obstruct the due administration of the Internal Revenue laws, by sending fictitious obligations and documents to the IRS, filing arrest warrants against IRS employees, filing false tax forms, and attempting to file a baseless lien against the U.S. Treasury Secretary. In addition, Davis is charged with submitting a false and fictitious instrument to a mortgage company in an attempt to pay off mortgage debt with U.S. Treasury funds.

Davis was arrested on March 15, 2012, by special agents from the Internal Revenue Service, Criminal Investigation, the United States Marshals Service, and the U.S. Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration.

The maximum penalty for tax evasion is five years imprisonment and a $100,000 fine; the maximum penalty for failing to file a tax return is one year imprisonment and a $25,000 fine; the maximum penalty for corruptly endeavoring to obstruct the due administration of the Internal Revenue laws is three years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine; and the maximum penalty for uttering fictitious obligations is 25 years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Re: Chester Davis - Portland, Oregon

Post by Lambkin »

Welcome to Quatloos, Stanley#8. What's the source of your interest?
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

As Lambkin said, Welcome! Also, what happened to the other seven Stanleys?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Stanley#8

Post by Stanley#8 »

He's someone I am familiar with. This has been going on a long time and I had thought he had made his peace with the IRS years ago, but obviously, that is not the case. He seems to have totally gone off the deep end. This has gone beyond the IRS Tax Court to the federal court.

I'm curious how the IRS will deal with his company, since the employees were not party to all this. I'm also wondering how hard the US Attorney is going to come down on him.

I've been reading Quatloos since his problem first surfaced (to me) back in 2005, so I thought some of you might find it interesting.

(A Stanley #8 is the largest jointer plane made by the Stanley Tool company back in its heyday.)
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Stanley#8 wrote: (A Stanley #8 is the largest jointer plane made by the Stanley Tool company back in its heyday.)
Back when Stanley was still Stanley. Welcome aboard.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

a company that provides power system software and engineering services to several federal governmental agencies, among other clients.
That's a great business to be in right now-- if you stick to keeping up with developments in alternative power, consumption efficiencies, etc, you've got great potential for growth. Shenanigans like this will kill that potential.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/inde ... chest.html
A federal jury found Chester Davis, the former president and owner of a Gladstone-based company, guilty of tax evasion and numerous other tax-related charges Thursday.

Jurors returned the verdict after about two hours of deliberations. Sentencing is set for May 9.
“Disagreeing with the tax laws is not a defense,’’ [Assistant U.S. Attorney Stacie] Beckerman told jurors. In all, she said, Davis owes more than $5 million in unpaid taxes.
Davis has refused to help in his own defense, telling his court-appointed attorney that cooperating would "put him under contract" with the court, according to filings in the case. He also directed his attorney, Lynne Morgan, not to make any opening statement, question witnesses, lodge objections or offer a closing argument.

Morgan unsuccessfully sought a mental competence hearing for Davis. While Davis' positions are "unconventional," the judge wrote, they are similar to those proffered by other tax protesters and don't appear to be the result of mental illness.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, as they say, "stupid is as stupid does", and I have a feeling that the stupid is strong in this one. I feel sorry for the counsel since, wrongly, they are ultimately going to get blamed for when this turkey buzzard goes down in flames. As a supreme court justice once pointed out, there is no constitutional prohibition on stupidity or shooting oneself in the foot, repeatedly. I think here we have a prime example of it in action.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.