Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

The Last Seven Months of Kent Hovind

Post by Paths of the Sea »

Introduction from Nick Lally, President, Creation Science Hall of Fame:

- Dr. Kent Hovind answered the Creation Science
- Hall of Fame after we shipped a packet of letters
- to him from his followers requesting that he give
- up his tax fight with the IRS and get back to
- Creation Science where he is needed the most.
-
-- Nick Lally, President
-- Creation Science Hall of Fame

http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/li ... nt-hovind/

Open letter from Kent Hovind, 26 September 2013:

In regards to your letters to the Creation Science Hall of Fame that you all wrote a while back:

I have taken the liberty to ask Marianne to add the email addresses of all those who wrote in answer to Nick Lally’s letter from the Creation Science Hall of Fame about my prison term and taxes to my short list of folks I send regular updates and blogs to.

He mailed them all to me.

I hope you don’t mind this intrusion but I don’t know of a more efficient way to answer all at once. I have many details about the 6 issues currently pending in my case posted on http://www.2peter3.com for those who care to study the issue and know the truth. Read Prov. 18:13 first please and maybe Job. :-)

I will be sending a longer response answering all the comments at once in the future but this email is to let you know why you are getting this unsolicited email contact and to give a very short reply.

Most of the letters Nick sent to me are several months old now.

After reading all the letters and comments twice I admit I do understand the concern many have and also more about how Job must have felt when his friends spent 35 chapters of God’s Word telling him “he must have sinned” and he should quit fighting God. :-(

The way Nick phrased the comment seemed misleading to me by asking that I “give up your Tax Fight with the IRS…” as if I started or wanted it.

Paul appealed to Caesar and spent a LOT of time fighting his case.

Was he wrong?

He didn’t ask to fight the Romans.

BTW-I would be glad to give it up after I win. :-)

Paul and Silas demanded an apology when they were wrongly imprisoned in Acts 16-and they got it! :-)

From reading the many letters it is obvious that there is still a great deal of misinformation floating around the internet about my case and why I am in prison.

It is certainly a serious thing in God’s eyes to lie (Rev. 21:8, 27) against an elder (I Tim. 5:19).

I’m sure God would also be upset if a brother or sister were to prevent someone from watching my videos and getting saved by their careless or untrue comments about me.

As it was with Job, God will be my judge as to my integrity but here is a short answer to clear up a few of the lies, rumors and misinformation.

For those guilty of spreading any of these lies (like Job’s friends) send your apology to: dr.dino@2peter3.com and I’ll pray for you like Job did in 42.

Then post it on Nick’s site as well, please. :-)

1. I am NOT a tax protester and never have been, as can be seen in the IRS’ own record scanned and posted on http://www.2peter3.com in the legal section. There were 35 pages in the 710-page IRS file on me that clearly showed I owed no tax. These 35 pages were deliberately left out when the IRS entered that file in the trial and the IRS agent admitted at trial the pages were missing! See what happened to Peter J Limone 1st Circ. 2007 (497 F. Supp. 2d 143) when it was discovered government agents withheld evidence of his innocence and he FINALLY won his case! He and three other defendants were awarded $101,750,000. I’m sure I’ll have all sorts of new friends then! :-)

2. I am NOT refusing to pay some taxes because I don’t like how they spend it on evolution (or ANYTHING else) and I never have. I DO think evolution is stupid and will fight it all my life, but NOT by refusing to pay some tax.

3. I DO render to Caesar what is Caesar’s. Always have. I have often said that everyone should obey the law including the government. BTW-Caesar is dead. I find it sad that most folks never quote the last half of the verse. Is EVERYTHING Caesar’s?

4. I DO pay lots of taxes and from what everyone who has really studied the issues and my case say, I did not break any laws-IRS or otherwise. I did not pick this fight with them. Nehemiah just wanted to build a wall but the enemy attacked him so he had to hold a sword and a trowel for a while. The British attacked us in 1776, we didn’t attack them.

5. I am NOT distracted from the ministry. Since being in prison (almost 7 years now) I have written 32 books or booklets on creation or soul-winning; have earned another masters and 2 more doctorates; have led hundreds of men to Christ and answered way over 10,000 letters; have received and answered scores of emails from evolutionists trying to defend their dumb religion; have written several thousand blogs and posts for Facebook and have helped about 10 others start their own creation ministries in various countries. God has supplied others to do the legal stuff for me and I just read it, sign it, and send it in.

6. I did NOT start any fight with the IRS. I wrote about 10 letters to the IRS asking for clarity about the bewildering tax laws that are about 40 times the size of the Bible. The lead IRS agent admitted at trial that he never answered ANY of my letters. He just had me arrested on bogus charges and assumed I would lay down and drink the Kool-Aid like most do.

If any of you can point to one specific law that I truly violated (AFTER you have read my Third Affidavit filed with the Grand Jury in 2005, my 2255 motions currently in the courts, my appeal to the 11th Circuit [case #13-12520] about the tax court judgment against me and my Complaint of Misconduct against Judge Rodgers for all her many violations of my Constitutional rights) PLEASE show me.

If you can show me the law I broke I’ll have Hal send you a free copy of my new book on end times: “What on Earth is About to Happen…for Heaven’s Sake?”

I’m TRYING to understand and obey the complex code and am NOT trying to cause a fight with them.

Job was not trying to antagonize the Sabians!

Paul was not TRYING to antagonize the Roman government either and neither were the disciples when they were arrested, beaten or threatened 53 times in Acts alone.

Paul said, “all who live godly in Christ Jesus SHALL suffer persecution.” II Tim. 3:12.

If no one is persecuting you what would that indicate?

Hmmm? :-)

I would invite you to stay on the list to follow my case and blogs and even email me if you like at dr.dino@2peter3.com.

If you wish to be taken off the email list of updates on my case please let Marianne know (psalm.37@live.com) so she can remove your name.

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.

Longer answer later. :-)

In Christ,
Kent Hovind

------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------
Paths of the Sea

Re: Kent Hovind & Friends - Latest Campaign!

Terry Hurlbut, one of the Creation Science Hall of Fame directors, is putting out the word on behalf of Kent, posting the following around the Internet:

http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com ... protester/

http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/20 ... protester/

For: Creation Science Hall of Fame
Date: September 27, 2013

Kent Hovind: not a tax protester
Posted on September 27, 2013 by Terry Hurlbut

Kent Hovind, the famous “Doctor Dino,” broke his silence yesterday to reply to many questions about his long-running battle with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). His message: he does not oppose the income tax on principle. But he says the IRS has misapplied the tax code and is asking for tax that he does not truly owe.

Kent Hovind answers his critics

On Thursday 26 September 2013 at about 5:00 p.m., Kent Hovind sent an e-mail to several large creation-advocacy mailing lists. He also asked Nick Lally, President of the Creation Science Hall of Fame, to publish this letter on his biography page.

Kent Hovind began his fight with the IRS in 1996. At issue is whether his ministry, Creation Science Evangelism, is a non-profit organization. He did not file the usual 501(c)(3) recognition form, and holds he can operate as a tax-exempt non-profit without it. According to Wikipedia, Rebekah Horton, senior vice president of Pensacola Christian College, “ratted him out” to the IRS in or about 1996 and accused him of tax evasion.

Though a court has convicted him, he still maintains his innocence. He keeps an archive of legal filings and other documents on a special site, 2Peter3.com, that he keeps to update everyone on his tax trials and appeals.

In January of 2013, the Creation Science Hall of Fame (CSHF) inducted him as a scientist who furthered the case for creation.

Critics, including friends and enemies of CSHF, urged Kent Hovind to settle all his tax battles and stop fighting the principle of taxation.

They cited two key Scriptures that, they thought, bore on his case and conduct. In Mark 12:17, Jesus answers critics who ask whether paying the Roman census fee was consistent with the Jewish faith. He points out that Caesar’s face appears on the Roman denarius (worth a day’s wages for most in those days) the Roman government required for payment of the fee.

Then He says:

- Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s,
- and to God the things that are God’s.

Elsewhere, Paul of Tarsus (Romans 13:1-7) describes the role of government, and urges people to follow the law and pay “tax to whom tax is due.”

That, says Kent Hovind, is the key: is the tax due?

First he reminds his critics that this same Paul of Tarsus spent years fighting a false charge of sedition. (See Acts 21 and following.) Even before then, Paul and Silas demanded and got an apology from the propraetors of a city they had visited, after those propraetors first had them beaten and thrown in prison, in violation of their rights as Roman citizens. In other words, Paul of Tarsus sets ample precedent for a Christian to stand on his own civil rights.

Then he gives this specific answer to whether he owes tax or not:

- There were 35 pages in the 710-page IRS
- file on me that clearly showed I owed no tax.
- These 35 pages were deliberately left out
- when the IRS entered that file in the trial
- and the IRS agent admitted at trial the pages
- were missing! See what happened to Peter
- J Limone 1st Circ. 2007 (497 F. Supp. 2d 143)
- when it was discovered government agents
- withheld evidence of his innocence and he
- FINALLY won his case! He and three other
- defendants were awarded $101,750,000.
- I’m sure I’ll have all sorts of new friends then!

Kent Hovind does not stop there.

He says he does not refuse to pay a tax he owes, either to stop government spending to advocate evolution, or for any other reason.

He also says he did not start the fight with the IRS.

He also denies letting the IRS or his tax battle “distract” him from ministry.

He challenges any critic to show him any specific part of the Internal Revenue Code that he broke.

He promises a more detailed answer to his critics later.

Kent Hovind’s former site, drdino.com, now exists only on the popular Internet archive called “Wayback Machine.” In 2007, Creation Today took over distribution of Kent Hovind’s materials.

-----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

From Hovind's latest self-published dissertation which has earned him yet another post-grad degree. He's already got more academic qualifications than Einstein ever achieved.
"I wish to thank Patriot Bible University for the excellent courses they offered as I pursued this degree. I also thank them for challenging me to write in the "popular style" to reach the masses with this vital topic of end times."
Because, as we all know and love, it is Kent's usual style (as evidenced by his first "doctoral" dissertation) to write in a very disciplined, tightly argued and intellectually advanced format that one normally only associates with more deeply esoteric philosophical treatises. So, well done Kent for suppressing your natural writing style so that even we scientifically educated folk can understand the deep subtleties of your arguments.

I can't wait to read Kent's next thesis on the aerodynamic capabilities of the monobaraminological kind commonly described as Sus scrofa domesticus.

Meanwhile, are 4th graders in America actually taught to punctuate as Kent does? For example:
"Where is God in all this mess?!?!?!?!?"

Surely, not!!!!!!!
Paths of the Sea

NEWS FLASH!

What's up with Kent Hovind????

http://www.examiner.com/article/kent-ho ... -protester

Update

At about 6:45 p.m. Friday 27 September 2013, Mr. Eric Hovind, son of Kent Hovind, asked CSHF to take down his father's letter.

In making this request he indicated that the elder Hovind changed his mind about his tax battle.

CSHF will comply with that request and apologizes for any inconvenience that anyone might have suffered.

-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Paths of the Sea wrote:His message: he does not oppose the income tax on principle. But he says the IRS has misapplied the tax code and is asking for tax that he does not truly owe.
Never heard that one before.

Anyone who is considering the above legal opinion of the learned holder of bogus PhDs should read the Eleventh Circuit's opinion as well:
The government proved that Kent knew the tax laws required the collection and payment of withholding taxes, but he refused to comply. Employees of Evangelism Enterprises, peers, and legal counsel testified that Kent disputed the authority of the Internal Revenue Service based on the separation of the church and state, debated the interpretation and application of the withholding requirements, and intentionally characterized Evangelism Enterprises as a “church” and his employees as “missionaries” to avoid tax obligations. Kent had opined to attorney David Gibbs that he was “smarter” than other church officials who had forfeited real property after they refused to collect or pay withholding taxes. Although Kent argued at trial that he was ignorant of the law and the Revenue Service failed to identify a law that required him to collect and pay withholding taxes, the jury was entitled to find that Kent knew about and deliberately violated the tax laws.
That pretty well sums it up.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Paths of the Sea

wserra wrote:
Paths of the Sea wrote:His message: he does not oppose the income tax on principle. But he says the IRS has misapplied the tax code and is asking for tax that he does not truly owe.
Just to clarify a bit, it was Terry Hurlbut, one of the directors of the Creation Science Hall of Fame (CSHF), who wrote that in the article he published on the CSHF website and elsewhere!

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast
Paths of the Sea

Just posted by the more traditional media:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreill ... ainst-irs/

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
taxpayer

Post by taxpayer »

I have had experience with the IRS (Infernal Representatives of Satan) and have found that the late Pat Patton had it correct in his book, "IRS: Liars, Thieves, Thugs, Cowards and Hypocrites." The title says it all. In my case the IRS had knowingly and secretly classified my occupation incorrectly as someone who would be required to pay the subject tax (it took several FOIA requests to finally get the truth which had to be "decoded" by an expert). I was not and am not a person engaged in one of those occupations. My experience proved that the IRS are Liars, Thieves, Thugs, Hypocrites and, yes Cowards. They lied to avoid taking my calls to so they would not have to perjure themselves by giving false answers to my questions as to my status. Mr. Hovind seems to have had the same experience.
obadiah
Pirate
Pirate

Post by obadiah »

taxpayer wrote:I have had experience with the IRS (Infernal Representatives of Satan) and have found that the late Pat Patton had it correct in his book, "IRS: Liars, Thieves, Thugs, Cowards and Hypocrites." The title says it all. In my case the IRS had knowingly and secretly classified my occupation incorrectly as someone who would be required to pay the subject tax (it took several FOIA requests to finally get the truth which had to be "decoded" by an expert). I was not and am not a person engaged in one of those occupations. My experience proved that the IRS are Liars, Thieves, Thugs, Hypocrites and, yes Cowards. They lied to avoid taking my calls to so they would not have to perjure themselves by giving false answers to my questions as to my status. Mr. Hovind seems to have had the same experience.
More grist for the "crash and burn" mill.
1. There is a kind of law that I like, which are my own rules, which I call common law. It applies to me.
2. There are many other kinds of law but they don’t apply to me, because I say so."
LLAP
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

taxpayer wrote:I have had experience with the IRS (Infernal Representatives of Satan) and have found that the late Pat Patton had it correct in his book, "IRS: Liars, Thieves, Thugs, Cowards and Hypocrites." The title says it all. In my case the IRS had knowingly and secretly classified my occupation incorrectly as someone who would be required to pay the subject tax (it took several FOIA requests to finally get the truth which had to be "decoded" by an expert). I was not and am not a person engaged in one of those occupations.
That's baloney. Based on what you've posted, it appears that you bought into a very common tax protester-tax denier scam: The idea that the IRS individual master file (IMF) is used by the IRS to determine whether you are subject to the U.S. federal income tax, and that the IRS "knowingly and secretly" somehow makes you liable for the tax by "classifying" your occupation a certain way.

The law does not work that way, and the IRS does not use the IMF that way.

I'm guessing that you paid good money to have someone "help" you with this nonsense.

Anyone who charged you to "decode" the material in the individual master file for you in this way was scamming you.
They lied to avoid taking my calls to so they would not have to perjure themselves by giving false answers to my questions as to my status.
Again, baloney. You don't know what you're talking about.
Mr. Hovind seems to have had the same experience.
No, Mr. Hovind is a convicted criminal who is in federal prison because he got caught doing things that he knew very well were against the law.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Here's an example of one of the scam web sites:

http://www.taxresponseteam.org/imf/

Look familiar?

8)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

taxpayer, a belated welcome to Quatloos.

Alas, I fear yours will not be a comfortable or pleasant stay. While I am sure you had a very unpleasant or several unpleasant experiences with the IRS, most if not all of them were of your making, or imagining.

The problem is, that when you start off by saying,
taxpayer wrote:...the IRS had knowingly and secretly classified my occupation incorrectly as someone who would be required to pay the subject tax...
the end result is all too obvious and inevitable.

When you start off with a wholly false premise the only end result can be disaster, particularly in something like this, as you have so well proven. There is quite simply and frankly, NO occupation, except possibly that of beggar-until they beg over the statutory minimum, that is not subject to tax. So that is falsehood/misconception ONE. Unless you are living off you parents, in their basement, if you are doing something that brings in money to you, you are earning a living and most likely subject to tax.

That the IMF has anything more to do with internal recordkeeping and housework within the IRS mainframe and means anything other than to the computer is falsehood/misconception TWO. The statutes determine whether you are liable for tax, NOT the computer or the IRS.

I'm sure you paid someone a good deal of money to tell you what you wanted to hear, i.e. that the IMF said you weren't liable for tax, but smell the coffee,
YOU WERE LIED TO, YOU WERE CONNED, you could do just as well with tea leaves, and still have ended up in the same bad place.

They probably were avoiding your calls, if they were, because all you wanted to talk about was your fantasy, and that is not why they are there, and I am equally certain that at some point you were told as such, and ignored it.

I'm sorry you're in the place you are, but quite frankly, you put yourself there, and seem to be intent upon struggling manfully to keep yourself there.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

Kent complains in his recent open letter that there were 35 pages missing from his IRS master file but when he spoke to the court at the end of his trial seven years ago he said that only ten pages were missing. But reality is only whatever Kent says it is.

There also seems to be serious trouble developing at t'mill. A couple of years ago Eric teamed up with a Paul Taylor (England's gain is Pensacola's loss), a doughnut-loving fellow creationist, to form a comedy double act. Taylor is Oliver Hardy to Eric's Stan Laurel. But, having seen a recent sketch written by Paul, Kent has lost his sense of humour and is violently objecting to the partnership. Kent believes in sticking exclusively to the official 1611 joke book but Paul sees no objection to the use of more up-to-date scripts.

So, while Kent and Paul tear the doors and wheels off each other's circus cars, poor Eric is caught in the middle wondering who to crack his whip at. Further hilarity will ensue as Kent tries to upturn his bucket of porridge on Paul's head while Paul retaliates by throwing his box of Krispy Kremes in Kent's general direction.

Doubtless, christianity's 30,000 sects and denominations will soon become 30,001.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Heh. KJV worshippers say "1611" a lot, but that's the original edition, with full Apocrypha, which most (if not all) fundamentalists reject. What evangelicals, and other protestants actually use is a slightly newer edition, 1630, i think, from which the offending books have been removed.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Paths of the Sea

Samphire wrote:
Kent...
I noticed your work over at the Creation Science Hall of Fame.

I appreciate your insight and look forward to someone close to the Hovind action, whether family or friend or foe, coming out with the news as to what is really going on with regard to Kent and the others.

The call to "respect the Hovinds' privacy" at this time is, so far as I can tell, unwarranted. The Hovinds have a lot to give an account for publicly. Where appropriate, privacy might be respected, but no respect is due simply because they decide to try and keep their secrets as to what is going on with regard to very public issues.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Last edited by Paths of the Sea on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paths of the Sea

Samphire wrote:
But reality is only whatever Kent says it is.
That might have been said in jest, but there may be some serious implications.

Dan Evans, a well-respected Quatloosian, and others, have recently discussed the efforts by some of Kent's fellows to raise issues concerning bi-polar disorder and narcissistic personality disorder as a defense.

I have recently speculated, in lieu of the Hovinds being open and honest in dealing with their problems, that Kent may be in need of professional mental health assistance.

Or, maybe it's Jo that is going through some kind of "breakdown" as a result of "standing by her man".

Time may tell, but certainly in my recent, direct, personal dealings with Kent and my observations of his public pronouncements and antics, the mental health issues could be a serious issue especially in the context as to whatever is presently developing and being kept secret.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Is his Knee Mail account still active?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Paths of the Sea

grixit wrote:
Is his Knee Mail account still active?
I don't think he's done that in a long time.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

HOVIND FAMILY FUNNY BUSINESS?

Did he (Kent Hovind), or didn't he (Kent Hovind)?

That is, did Kent Hovind change his mind in any way regarding his civil tax and criminal battles?

I'm getting confused and all the more curious as to what the Hovind family and their supporters are up to this time around.

In going back and trying to do some checking, I got the distinct impression that the public reports have been altered without notice or explanation. I now seem to come up with 3 curious versions which seem to have been published at more than 3 venues around the Internet. The first one is the suspect report which appears to be the one that was there and then wasn't; the one giving rise to the rumors about Kent Hovind possibly having changed his mind about something regarding this criminal and civil tax problems.

I would certainly appreciate someone trying to straighten this out for us and getting the Hovind folks to come out, come clean and make their position clear.

(1)

At about 6:45 p.m. Friday 27 September 2013, Mr. Eric Hovind, son of Kent Hovind, asked CSHF to take down his father's letter. In making this request he indicated that the elder Hovind changed his mind about his tax battle.

(2)

At about 6:45 p.m. Friday 27 September 2013, Mr. Eric Hovind, son of Kent Hovind, asked CSHF to take down his father's letter. He declined to specify a reason.

(3)

At the request of Mr. Eric Hovind, son of Kent Hovind, the Creation Science Hall of Fame removed the open letter from Kent Hovind on his tax battles. Mr. Hovind asks everyone to respect the privacy of the family and not ask for a specific reason.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

KENT HOVIND SPEAKS!

(Another cryptic message from the Hovind side; sounds like Kent is trying to tell us to expect another important message from him this Friday, October 5, 2013! - Maury Enthusiast!)

https://www.facebook.com/2peter3

Date: Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Time: About 2:00 PM MT

(excerpts)

Oct. 5, 1970
The day that changed my life FOREVER!

It all started like any other day in...

Yes, that Oct. 5 is a day I will never forget and praise God for.

After this terrible Job style test with the arrests and trial and prison for me...

Eric moved to a new spot a mile away to keep the ministry going while I fought it out with the alphabet gang.

BTW - that fight is STILL going 6.5 years later!

I have NOT given up on fighting for the ministry God gave me in 1989!

I do think God will use all this to fulfill my "dream" I shared a few blogs ago though!

More on that in another blog!

Anyway, after seizing the ministry bank account ... Oct. 5, 2007.

It was a Friday.
Google that for details.

...God reminded me that day that He was watching over all of this for my good and His glory.

Every year, Oct. 5 is one of those days I always take to stop and thank God for my wife.

I love you Jo!
Hang on please!

This too shall pass.

Maybe something great will happen THIS Oct. 5?

Love,
Kent

-------------------
-------------------