Top Level Position Worldwide

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Mythbuster

Top Level Position Worldwide

Post by Mythbuster »

Has anyone run into the company "Top Level Position"? Their web address is ___________________________, and they claim to be a world-wide company in prelaunch mode. Apparently they also have an affiliate using the name "Top Level Position Worldwide".

Someone in my extended network sent me an invitation to Top Level Position that said the company would be unveiling their "unique opportunity" on November 1st, 2010.

How It Works (from their website): "After viewing the video on our homepage, simply click on the Join button and input your basic information. You will not be asked for any type of credit card or payment. The process is completely free and your information will not be shared with anyone. We'll even give you a free website allowing you to market Top Level Position to anyone in the world. Anyone that goes to your website and enrolls will be counted as your personal sponsor." ... " Spread the word to family, friends and business associates now to ensure they sign up with you, and not someone else. Remember, you will make money from every single person that enrolls after you, but the more personal sponsors your have, the better off you'll be. Personal sponsorship includes those that enroll from your personal replica site."

The Product (also from their website): "Our products are powerful, life changing and not carried by any other company in the world. They are endorsed by some of the most well known and respected doctors and scientists in the world. You will will feel their impact immediately and notice a drastic change in your life. We have multiple products to choose from, all formulated by the best in the business. These are products that will end up affecting millions of lives across the globe. Now is your chance to profit from every single unit sold."

This screams "MLM Scam or other fraud" to me. Any thoughts?

[Edited to remove link to scam promotion.]
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Top Level Position Worldwide

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Yawn.

Another day, another push.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Another day, another push.
Maybe so. But, in a world of dumb pushes, this one is particularly dumb. You have no clue what you're signing up for, what you will do, what you will sell - nothing.

(1) Who are they? Well, they are "a zero debt, multi million dollar company backed by some of the wealthiest individuals in America." Who might they be? They don't tell you. We know how shy and retiring the Donald Trumps of the world are. I'm sure "Top Level Position" doesn't identify their owners/backers because those "some of the wealthiest individuals in America" just don't like to see their names in lights.

(2) What have they done? Well, they've "created multiple new millionaires and have been responsible for billions of dollars in sales". Wait a second - they're not in operation yet, and they've sold billions and made a bunch of people rich? It's a miracle!

(3) How do you make money? They don't tell you. They do tell you that "Our revolutionary compensation plan is being touted by experts as a complete game changer". What "experts" would those be? Since they don't say, I'm sure they're members of the same exclusive club as their anonymous owners.

(4) What will you sell? They don't tell you that either. They do say that their stuff is "powerful, life changing and not carried by any other company in the world". Trust them. After all, their stuff is "endorsed by some of the most well known and respected doctors and scientists in the world". Yes, you guessed it, more anonymous frat brothers. Probably Skull and Bones - all billionnaires, Fortune 500 CEOs, doctors and scientists who prefer to remain anonymous.

(5) What do you agree to when you sign up? They don't tell you. On their signup page, they have "Application Agreement" written twice. One might expect a link to, well, an application agreement. But there's nothing. What's to stop them from linking to a document a week from now in which the applicant agrees to pay them $500/month and claiming it was always there? After all, who would be dumb enough to sign a blank document?

Wait a second - I know what this is. It's an experiment by a class at Wharton, HBS or some such to see how many people will sign up to get rich quick on no information - how many people actually believe in the tooth fairy.

Interesting. I hope they publish the results.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

Post by Doc Bunkum »

For grins and chuckles I joined up to see what they're all about.

Odd, in the personal information section, they ask for your cell phone number - not your home phone.

See there's a countdown on my own personal website they gave me - Launches in... 21 Days, 23 Hours, 21 Minutes, 45 Seconds. At least I don't recall seeing that script on the company website the first time I was there.
Mythbuster

Post by Mythbuster »

Doc, I'm so glad you joined so you won't miss out on this "amazing opportunity".:wink:

Actually, before I made my original post, I did considerable internet research on these guys. Not surprisingly, almost everything I found was "self-promoting" hype ... press releases, articles supposedly written by third parties, etc. However, there was one post from a blog that suggested all was not kosher with this opportunity.

Apparently someone in Montreal received the "french language version" of a Top Level Position invitation at their place of employment. When they tried to trace the source, this language was contained in the "server return path" (the entire invitation and return path are posted on the internet):

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 01:27:00 -0400
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - cl-t008-341cl.privatedns.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - itccommunications.net The scammer is hiding behind our domain name without our permission and so this letter must be considered as fraudulent

This one internet post is what prompted me to pose my question on Quatloos.

It isn't so much that this is yet another MLM scam ... I believe it is. My real concern is that this "viral marketing" may expose people to even greater harm because 1) they've already given up some personal information ... email address, cell phone number, etc. which may open them up to identity theft; and 2) in this age of cyber-crime, it is relatively easy for criminals to take control of other peoples' computers and turn them into "bots" to advance their illegal activities. I sure hope that the "personalized website" doesn't contain malicious code that can infect other computers.

My conclusion remains the same: "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is."
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Mythbuster wrote:It isn't so much that this is yet another MLM scam ... I believe it is. My real concern is that this "viral marketing" may expose people to even greater harm because 1) they've already given up some personal information ... email address, cell phone number, etc. which may open them up to identity theft;
Trust me, Mythbuster, I use a freebie Yahoo! email address, and as for my cell phone number, it's one I pulled out of thin air. :naughty:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Doc Bunkum wrote:
Mythbuster wrote:It isn't so much that this is yet another MLM scam ... I believe it is. My real concern is that this "viral marketing" may expose people to even greater harm because 1) they've already given up some personal information ... email address, cell phone number, etc. which may open them up to identity theft;
Trust me, Mythbuster, I use a freebie Yahoo! email address, and as for my cell phone number, it's one I pulled out of thin air. :naughty:
Whenever asked for a phone number by someone whom I don't want to give it to, I use 202-456-1414
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Gregg wrote:Whenever asked for a phone number by someone whom I don't want to give it to, I use 202-456-1414
I prefer 900 numbers (or pseudo-900 numbers, such as those in the former 819 area code). We don't need to bother the White House; perhaps the FBI or FTC.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Are you able to get to the Atlanta area Nov 6th? Register for the historic live event: http://www.showclix.com/event/14199/
Top Level Position holds it's first live event unveiling to the world who we are! You can be there live and in person to experience this historic launch!

What you'll see and hear at the event:

- Which company is behind the Top Level Position marketing system

- Learn all about our revolutionary "game changing" compensation plan

- What our products are, what they do, and why one of the most credentialed MD's in America has joined us to formulate them....
This just gets better and better!

Now they expect you to come to Atlanta to find who they are and what they're peddling. :roll:
Mythbuster

Post by Mythbuster »

Doc Bunkum wrote:
This just gets better and better!

Now they expect you to come to Atlanta to find who they are and what they're peddling. :roll:
Not only do they expect you to go to Atlanta to find out who they are and what they're peddling, you also have to pay to attend the event on Nov 6. General admission is $19.99, while VIP admission is $49.99.

The website for the event says: "VIP ADMISSION - Guaranteed seating in the first 4 rows of event, recognition from stage, early entrance with no waiting, VIP Pass, Meet and Greet / Picture opp. directly following meeting with CEO and founder".

Yes, it does just keep getting better and better!
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

Arthur Rubin wrote:
Gregg wrote:Whenever asked for a phone number by someone whom I don't want to give it to, I use 202-456-1414
I prefer 900 numbers (or pseudo-900 numbers, such as those in the former 819 area code). We don't need to bother the White House; perhaps the FBI or FTC.
I use 900-867-5309.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Tax Man wrote:I use 900-867-5309.
:haha:
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Mythbuster

Post by Mythbuster »

Thought you might enjoy this email I found in my inbox this morning:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Top Level Family,

The amount of people joining us increases everyday! We feel blessed to be working with all of you. We can't wait for you to try our products, which are formulated by a Harvard MD. They will improve your health significantly within 2 weeks of consumption. We also can't wait for you to start earning commissions starting Nov 1st. Imagine getting paid to consume and promote the most life changing products in the world!

Like we said, on Nov 1st, you'll be able to order products and start earning commissions. Keep in mind that you have the ability to make money from every single person that has joined after you. Check your back office every single day as that number is literally growing by the second, this is YOUR business! Some of you may already be set up for an incredible income starting on day one. Make sure you are following these emails and the social media links below to stay updated - network marketing will change forever Nov 1st and you don't want to miss one second of it!

In addition to getting paid on everyone that has joined after you, you'll get paid MORE on those in your line of sponsorship (those that you have personally sponsored on down) so keep spreading the word! Share your personal website on Facebook, Twitter, Email and by calling your friends and family. Our limited time FREE enrollment won't last long so don't let this chance pass you by!

- Our products are revolutionary and are formulated by a Harvard MD
- Our comp plan pays out 20% more than the average
- Our leadership includes some of the most successful network marketers in the world
- Our ownership includes one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the America

And starting Nov 1st, you stand to profit from it all! :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With odds of profiting of 0.000255, or one in 3,922 who profit, it is more appropriate to call the ______ program (like similar MLMs) a “loss certainty” than an “income opportunity.” (from The Case (for and) against Multi-level Marketing, by Jon M. Taylor, MBA, Ph.D., Consumer Awareness Institute, Chapter 7: MLM’s ABYSMAL NUMBERS) :!:
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Incredible growth - the world is enrolling FREE! Get in and Profit from EVERYONE that joins after you!
- the world is enrolling FREE!

Excuse me? :thinking:

If the world is enrolling free, then who's left to join after that? :?:
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Doc Bunkum wrote:
Incredible growth - the world is enrolling FREE! Get in and Profit from EVERYONE that joins after you!
- the world is enrolling FREE!

Excuse me? :thinking:

If the world is enrolling free, then who's left to join after that? :?:
Tut-tut! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: You're trying to introduce logic and reason into an area which thrives on the absence thereof.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
lorne

Post by lorne »

Oh. I thought maybe the illuminati had a position open.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

lorne wrote:Oh. I thought maybe the illuminati had a position open.
Last I heard the interns needed a mop, I also need cannon fodder.
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

From the "In case anyone is remotely interested" file...
It appears there is another name this prelaunch is going by as well,
and it is "Get Ready Reserve". The same phone number has been tracked to both prelanch sites.
Digging a little deeper...

Company Name: Salu International

Founder: Ray Caron

CEO: Mark Barns

DR. Behind it: Dr. Joe Esposito
"I am told that the great networkers and world renown Top Marketers
Michael G. and Jane Mark are joining GetReadyReserve on 1 October.
And everyone they bring in will be UNDER YOU!"

For many of us who have been around the block a few times,
seeing the name "Mike G. and Jane Mark" behind something is a good reason to...

RUN!!!! Image
source:Get Ready Reserve - MMG
Mythbuster

Post by Mythbuster »

And now, for even more fun ...

Check out this Salu International "article" ... well actually, "advertisement" for a Salu International training course, posted on 4/14/2010: http://www.articlesbase.com/mlm-article ... 51223.html

It concludes:

"It is without doubt that Salu international provides a viable business opportunity considering her valuable product line and a promising compensation plan. So why are folks not joining your Salu MLM?"

"Now here is the secret, when it comes to network marketing and downlining building specifically, there's one epiphany you need to have right now if you haven't had it yet…people do not join a business they join you….this explains why you are still loosing money in your Salu international business."

"The only way out of this undesired struggle in your business is positioning yourself in the market place in a manner that allows interested Salu international prospects to find you and contact you. This is where you have to be today inorder to silence your competion."

"How do you go about this? simple...the most potent marketing weapon you have in your arsenal, is actually you - because unlike business opportunities, there's only one of you in the entire earth."

"What I will teach you in the Salu international marketing training series,is how to use attraction marketing strategies to become that person..that leader and that expert that everyone wants to work with. Read on for details regarding this training. By learning how to flip these attraction switches on within yourself, you will automatically begin to attract targeted Salu International prospects to your business." :lol:
Mythbuster

Post by Mythbuster »

To make matters even worse ... "Dr." Joe Esposito is NOT an MD, he is a chiropractor and a "nutritionalist": http://www.drjoeesposito.com/ (NOTE: I'm not attacking the chiropractic profession, but let's face it, a chiropractor is NOT a medical doctor!)

Make sure you check out his online store, where you can order all sorts or "Dr. Joe's" products, including:

Dr. Joe's Intestinal Cleanser (@$18.95 per bottle)
"No one likes to talk about it, but a healthy colon is essential to good health. And a healthy colon starts with regular bowel movements. Dr. Joe’s Intestinal Cleanser helps soften hardened fecal matter and draws waste from bowel walls and pouches for easy removal. It relieves straining, promotes regularity and stimulates your body’s natural healing processes. Ingredients: Aloes, Cascara Sagrada, Ginger, Garlic, Senna Leaf & Pod, Barberry Root Bark, African Bird Pepper, Fennel (Vegan and Gluten-Free)"

*THIS STATEMENT HAS NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE. All of these products are Vegan and Gluten Free.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like a big pile of sh*t to me.