Evolv, Devolv

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Evolv, Devolv

Post by JamesVincent »

Im glad you guys did look into Evolv. I have some people constantly asking me to join and all the money their making. I already have a MLM Im working and quite happy with it and still get crap about Evolv constantly. Now I have some info to spit back at them...lol!
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
soapboxmom
Matriarch of the Networked Soap Sales

Post by soapboxmom »

The daughter of one of the inventors and an enthusiastic rep dropped in on Realscam and shared:

http://www.realscam.com/f9/trey-whites- ... l#post4476
Today 04:54 AM #483 Karen
Posts:54Re: Trey White's Evolv Water vs. World Renowned MD Anderson Cancer Center
EvolvHealth/M.D. Anderson Update

Civil No. 4:09-cv-03699

As stated by Brent Hicks, CEO and Co-Founder of Evolv, “with human clinical studies already underway, we made a decision to invest our money and energy into our FutureCeuticals relationship.”

Attached please find a copy of the Joint Motion for Entry and Final Judgment and Stipulated Permanent Injunction. As noted in the Joint Motion for Entry, neither party admitted liability or wrongdoing of any kind.

If you have any questions or would like any further information, please direct your inquiries to compliance@evolvhealth.com.

http://blog.evolvhealth.com/wp-content/ ... chment.pdf
Our good friend, littleroundman, beat me to the punch with a brilliant answer:
http://www.realscam.com/f9/trey-whites- ... l#post4477
As expected,
"Defendants, together with their subsidiaries, affiliates, principals, shareholders, agents, employees, attorneys and all other persons in active concert or participation with them, are permanently enjoined and restrained from:

a) Making use of any of the trademarks that are subject of the United States trademark registration numbers: .................................................. .....................

b) Publishing, distributing or making reference to the University of Texas............................

c) Stating or implying, either directly or indirectly, that the defendants, or their businesses or any product manufactured and/or marketed by the defendants or have been sponsored, endorsed, supported or validated by, or are or have been connected or affiliated with the University of Texas............................................. ..........

d) Assisting, aiding or abetting any other person or entity in engaging or performing any of the activities prohibited in this injunction

e) Challenging or assisting any other person or identity in challenging the validity or registrability of any of the M.D. Anderson marks

2) Except as set forth herein, all claims asserted and all counterclaims that could have been asserted are dismissed with prejudice. Each party shall bear its' own attorneys' fees and costs.
So, in answer to Soapboxmoms' original poll question as to who would "win"

"MD ANDERSON" won handsomely and Evolv can no longer claim ANY sort of relationship with Anderson or the U of T now or in the future.
The scammers had to sweep this lawsuit under the rug quick as the bad publicity was a virtual avalanche of frozen "regular" water. LOL!!!!

Soapboxmom
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The stipulated judgment and permanent injunction is here. Not that I don't trust Evolv, but this came straight from PACER.

It's a slam-dunk win for the good guys (M.D. Anderson). Evolv can repeat all they want that they didn't admit fault; they are now enjoined from doing all the things they have been doing for the last year. They agreed to that - that's what "stipulated" means - of course because they knew they hadn't been doing anything wrong.

They have a bridge to sell you, too.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

So that permanently shuts down their marketing as a clinically certified product, at least as far as M D Anderson is concerned?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
soapboxmom
Matriarch of the Networked Soap Sales

Post by soapboxmom »

JamesVincent wrote:So that permanently shuts down their marketing as a clinically certified product, at least as far as M D Anderson is concerned?
:mouthshut: Does that clear things up?

Soapboxmom
wserra

Post by wserra »

Hmm.

I thought I would do a very quick-and-dirty search to see if Evolv is in compliance. Recall that the order requires that they cease referring to any testing Anderson did, and not use Anderson's trademarks.

From their blog (url includes a simple search for "Anderson"):
Many Evolvers are interested in the Evolv product’s history and connection with The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. And for good reason- M.D. Anderson is a world-renowned medical institution in the field of cancer treatment and research. In 2009, U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Hospitals” survey ranked M. D. Anderson as the top hospital in the nation for cancer care. M.D. Anderson has achieved the top ranking six times in the past eight years and has ranked as one of the top two hospitals for cancer care for 20 years, since the magazine began its annual survey in 1990.
The Evolv management feels extremely blessed and fortunate that an institution the caliber of M.D. Anderson has tested our product.
Our manufacturing partner, Health2o Products LLC, engaged MD Anderson to test the “anti-inflammatory” properties [which] came back with positive results . . . The testing from both facilities yielded data that supported the anecdotal testimonials
While those quotes are from two past blog entries, it took me about three seconds to find them. Do they look in compliance to you?
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Man. Take a look at this article from Outside magazine. The author - one Brian Alexander - savages Evolv and White. For example:
Starting an MLM is a good way to ramp up cash flow, but White insists he's not hurting. His motivation is more altruistic, he says. He only wants to help people make money and improve their health.
And yet his core team includes a guy associated with a fringe cancer clinic, another who was found to be a swindler, and MLM vets who've sold iffy products in the past. More recently, in mid-February, White agreed to merge EvolvHealth with another MLM, called Xowii, which was formed by James Christiansen, a onetime fixture with the MonaVie MLM. In addition, Evolv's new president, Josh Higginbotham, is a former Xowii executive who once worked for an MLM called cPrime, which sells a bracelet that "acts as a bio­-antenna, altering the way your body interacts with its electromagnetic environment, which may help to balance and optimize biological responses."
When I have some time, I gotta check out other Alexander investigations.
- David Hume
Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

Post by Doc Bunkum »

wserra wrote:When I have some time, I gotta check out other Alexander investigations.
Nice article!

I see in the follow up comments, Alexander says:
Hello WaterHead:
I have no idea who you are or to what you refer. Nobody gave me a "roadmap." It's called reporting, in this case over a period of five months, not counting my history of reporting on dietary supplements, MLM, and related topics (among others) over the past fifteen years. This story began after I saw an ad for Evolv in a network marketing newspaper. I do hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading.
So it would be interesting to see what else he's dug up over the past fifteen years! :o