From the "How's That?" File...

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

From the "How's That?" File...

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Qivana in a press release describing their new magic mushroom formula:
Qore Defense contains six of the most powerful medicinal mushrooms uniquely grown on a matrix of adaptogenic herbs that have been clinically proven to activate, support and boost immune system function with daily use.
If that has you scratching your head, then try this one on for size:
The Quantum Nutrition Effect

The form of every cell in your body is now known to be a crystalline matrix which has its own ideal resonant frequency. The only way each cell can achieve its ideal cellular resonance is by consuming “live source” nutrients that are “quantum quality” (exquisitely well-grown and toxin-free). Only quantum quality nutrients can produce ideal cellular resonance. When quantum quality phytonutrients are combined together synergistically, their effect is far greater than the sum of their individual benefits, by a factor of 2 to 100-fold or more. Quantum AdaptogenTM Complex delivers this amazing, exponential effect called “the Quantum Nutrition Effect,” a primary force to help you sustain or regain great health.
If you look at some of the ingredients in the Quantum Adaptogen Complex formula, you might better understand why it is such a wonderful product...

Grade 10 Rhodiola Crenulata ("Tibetan Ginseng") - hand-picked on the snow-capped Himalayas at over 15,000 feet.

Grade 10 Indian Soma Latha -- Rated the highest quality soma, grown in the remote mountainous areas of India.

Grade 10 Fo Ti Tieg -- Chinese herbal adaptogen called the "elixir of life," used for centuries in China as an invigorating tonic to promote longevity, fertility and vitality.

etc. etc.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: From the "How's That?" File...

Post by wserra »

What do you expect, Doc, from a company (and MLM, no less) the chairman of whose "scientific advisory board" is one "Dr." Marcus Laux? "Dr." Laux is not only a "naturopath" - a proud grad of the "National College of Naturopathic Medicine" - but also a "homeopath", one of the adherents of the highly bizarre idea that a solution more dilute than that created by the air molecules from Julius Caesar's dying "et tu, Brute" in the entire Earth's atmosphere will actually do something. The theory is, you see, something called "molecular memory", the even more bizarre idea that every sip of water you drink "remembers" the dinosaur poop that sat in it hundreds of millions of years before.

Magic mushrooms almost make sense by comparison. I mean, look at their promo: not only the usual "unlimited potential for economic growth", but also "Freedom. Happiness. Security. Bliss."

Far out, man.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Nikki

Post by Nikki »

The headline is an excellent lead-in to the TOTAL abuse of the English (even the American) language in the article itself.
Emet

Post by Emet »

Nikki wrote:The headline is an excellent lead-in to the TOTAL abuse of the English (even the American) language in the article itself.
Not to mention violating the universal principles of simple arithmetic.
Mike!

Post by Mike! »

Only the MLM "industry" could take an age old mathematical parlor trick and try and turn it into a sales tool. :naughty:
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

I think my calculator is broken...
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

So I'm reading a discussion about making crème brûlée on a culinary forum yesterday and the author of the post wants to know where he can buy FOOD GRADE butane for a crème brûlée torch he got for Christmas. Seems that's what the manufacturer recommended he refill the torch with.

Say what? :?:

FOOD GRADE butane? :thinking:

Geez, if there was any impurities in "regular" butane, don't you think they'd be burned off when you lit the torch?

But this guy keeps insisting there is such a thing as "FOOD GRADE butane".

As one poster replied...
"Food grade butane?" Are you serious? After all the years of inorganic and organic chemistry that I had to take over the years, I've never heard of food grade hydrocarbons.
Or as another poster pointed out the obvious...
So Ric, is the propane in a gas BBQ "food grade" when you get it refilled at your local gas station or tool rental store?
Good question.

Food grade butane! Having a background in the food service industry, that post struck me as extremely funny. :lol:

BTW, in case anyone is making crème brûlée, a regular propane torch from the hardware store for soldering pipes works just fine.

Just remember to turn the flame way down. 8)
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

I think there is such a thing as "food grade" butane. It is essentially a purer odorless form. I found a few references to it on the web. I suspect it's not what is meant above, but is used in food processing as a solvent.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

The really neat part about that headline is that 99% of MLMs fail, but you can be one of the 2% that succeed. So are "you" a MLM or are "you" part of an MLM? Im confused. 95% of all people who ever partake in a MLM in the hopes of getting rich fail, very true.

After clicking the link and seeing the heavy hitter page it made since. Ive looked at the program before and its a cheap rework of what other companies offer without the added support that the full companies offer. As you guys know by now, I am involved in MLMs and come on here because I have been involved with them and have been screwed by some in the past. Ive done the "warm market" that most MLMs teach their people and had the same result as the 95% of ones who fail. They dont work and thats a fact. What they did here was take the Attraction Marketing model and change it a little bit so they can market and sell it for themselves. And if you notice all the MLMs that they say their plan works for are sales and volume based MLMs, which straight up work for less than 1% of the people that get involved. The problem being not only do you have to recruit new people to get into the higher bonus pools, your sales volumes also have to improve and unless you have no life, its a lose/lose situation for a normal person.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
wserra

Post by wserra »

JamesVincent wrote:Ive done the "warm market" that most MLMs teach their people and had the same result as the 95% of ones who fail. They dont work and thats a fact.
Sure they do - if your goal is learning how to lose friends and alienate people.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

This brutally honest assessment of what MLM is really like from one of the three regular pro-MLMers over at scam.com:
[iamwil] The MLMer is like the honey gatherers in Nepal....they climb down cliffs on homemade ropes to gather honey despite getting stung thousands of times, despite the danger of falling to their death hundreds of feet below, despite the scrapes and bruises from the rocks or the effort, they continue, becuase it is rewarding for themselves, their families and their communities.

We don't wait for our ship to come in, we swim out to meet it.

Yes I prefer the blue skys and white clouds....

Uh, yeah, okay Wil. Thanks for that.

I'm sure the lady asking the question is all set to jump on board now! :lol:
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

This one regarding Effective Ways on Using Your Amega Energy Wand:
Your House Plants:

Water your house plants with wanded water. Take a pitcher of water and wand it for 30 seconds and water your plants everyday or as often as your routine allows. You will start to notice a richer green on your plants and richer colors on the pedals of your flowers.
I always knew bicycles had pedals, but flowers? :?:
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Our program is intended for people willing to achieve their financial freedom but unable to do so because they're not financial experts.
http://www.face-fund.com is a long term high yield private loan program, backed up by Forex market trading and investing in various funds and activities. Profits from these investments are used to enhance our program and increase its stability for the long term.

90000% After 1 Minute (Automatic Withdrawal)
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

" EXPOSED: How a 24 year old Gardener accidently trips over the *dirtiest* Forex Secret that the gurus don't want YOU to know! "

Sit back, because you are about to be shocked at just how simple it is to profit from the Forex Markets...

"They" don't want you to know about it... But I'll show you anyway.

This magic black box might pick currency futures...

But apparently it doesn't come with a spell checker! :)