I Need MLM Help

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

duplication

I Need MLM Help

Post by duplication »

I joined this mlm group that says they have develop
a new way of producing signups to MLM.

I was wondering If anyone else out there think this
might work better than other MLM programs.

Here is the link I used to signup with
[link redacted by moderator. If you want to look at the site, use http://www.teambuildingproject.com instead. ETA, also, you'll want to clear your cookies for the site if you've already visited it or else referral information will still be present.]
Last edited by webhick on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Redacted referral link and offered alternative.
Nikki

Re: I Need MLM Help

Post by Nikki »

In a word: plplplplplpl :!:
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

They tell you this about themselves:
Q: Where are the products, services and compensation plans?

A: Many people visit the Team Building Project website and are confused because they do not find products, services or even a compensation plan.
They do tell you it's about this:

I don't know about you, but when some nameless ripoff tells me that they have no products, they have no services, they won't tell you how you're gonna get paid, but they're all about pyramids - I'd take 'em at their word and stay the f**k away.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I was looking over their "English" FAQ which may or may not be the same as their English FAQ because upon visiting the page, it immediately asked me if I wanted it translated into English. Perhaps the service that they're really selling is translating English pages into English. So, I must disclaim that my English version of the FAQ may differ from English version.

Anyhoo, from what I gather, reading the site, they're selling the promise of joining in on a money making opportunity which they can't tell you about because they haven't decided on one yet. They say there's no fees, but you damned well know that once they select an "opportunity" that there'll be a fee associated with that opportunity, whether it be auto-ship a signup fee or whatever.

Oh, but how do they decide on an opportunity? Well, they're going to vote! Each person gets one vote in addition to one vote for each person they personally sign up. But, they're not going to vote until the "company" reaches 3000 members.

If I were into MLM, I wouldn't sign up because of the massive risk. What if I spend a year building an awesome pyramid and the masses vote on a shitty opportunity? I'm either screwed out of all that work because I'm not allowed to promote my own opportunity or I'm stuck with whatever opportunity they chose to promote. What if the monthly fee is like $500 and the people under me can't afford to sign up? How big is my pyramid then? What happens if half my pyramid disappears because they don't like or can't afford the opportunity?

Honestly, Team Building Project sounds like one guy trying to recruit for his own pyramid and when he's amassed his goal of a 3000 person downline he's going to sign up for that opportunity and then get the other people signed up as his referrals.

Don't most MLMs have a rule against that kind of thing?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Hey guys. Team building project was basically created on the premise of everyone getting themselves a team together and then going into a MLM with the understanding and the bargaining power of having x amount of people enrolling at once. The team you create in the project would be the team that you bring into it with the same downline and everything. It is an interesting concept except, as Web pointed out, there is no guarantee that the MLM the team votes on is a good one. With a certain number of votes maybe youd be able to have some influence but I would think that the creator of the project would outvote everyone since everyone is in his downline. I looked into it awhile ago and still get emails from them but if you want to do something and have some control over it I would walk away from that particular one. It sounds like a good idea and all, but I wouldnt waste my time with it.

As far as a goal of 3k, they wanted 3k QUALIFIED members, qualified meaning those members have enrolled one or more under them already. They have already surpassed that number and have not yet even suggested voting for an MLM yet. They, as far as I remember from the emails are over 15k members and somewhere around 5k qualified now. I havent been on their site for awhile so Im not sure what the English translation deal is but one of the emails I got was saying they were going global.

As far as MLMs not allowing something like this I dont see why they wouldnt. They would sign the whole shebang up under their golden boy at the time and he would go through the roof on his downline and the company would make a lot of money.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
wserra

Post by wserra »

JamesVincent wrote:They would sign the whole shebang up under their golden boy at the time and he would go through the roof on his downline and the company would make a lot of money.
Yep, like every pyramid that goes anywhere at all, the guy at the top makes money. S/He takes it from the guys on the bottom.

And what if the "whole shebang" - read: "the guy at the top" - decides to sign up with an MLM that requires $400/mo autoship from the get-go? As webhick says, how many of the "whole shebang" who signed up with these guys for nothing will even be able to pay it, let alone willing? Bye-bye, "team".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume