Food in DC?

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Tax Man

Food in DC?

Post by Tax Man »

Any restaurant recommendations? I'm at the Spring Symposia staying at the Grand Hyatt at washington center.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: Food in DC?

Post by Imalawman »

Demo's the cat on this topic. However, I love Georgia Browns. If you're there for a weekend brunch it gets no better than Zaytinya. (which is also a good food choice for dinner). But my experience really isn't that extensive, I'm sure others will be able to give you great recommendations.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

If you want to see how things get done in D.C., don't miss Ristorante Tosca.

The food is as good as the people-watching.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

thanks for the suggestions. i just got back from Tosca (just a couple blocks away). I ordered the wheat pasta, followed by rice pudding / cappacino. Everything was excellent.

I made the mistake of going to Tony Chengs around 3, expecting to order some dim sum. It was too late, so instead of leaving I tried their hunan chicken, which was not good.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

'Nuff said.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros