Food in DC?

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]

Food in DC?

Postby Tax Man » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:30 am

Any restaurant recommendations? I'm at the Spring Symposia staying at the Grand Hyatt at washington center.
Take it easy,you have already won.Did I send you some FOIA's?If I did,I have some further info to share with you.It's simply a battle of attrition,whoever blinks first.
Tax Man
Deacon of the Fiscal Quatloosians

Re: Food in DC?

Postby Imalawman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Demo's the cat on this topic. However, I love Georgia Browns. If you're there for a weekend brunch it gets no better than Zaytinya. (which is also a good food choice for dinner). But my experience really isn't that extensive, I'm sure others will be able to give you great recommendations.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler

Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Postby Judge Roy Bean » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:54 pm

If you want to see how things get done in D.C., don't miss Ristorante Tosca.

The food is as good as the people-watching.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
Impunitas semper ad deteriora invitat
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Postby Tax Man » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:35 pm

thanks for the suggestions. i just got back from Tosca (just a couple blocks away). I ordered the wheat pasta, followed by rice pudding / cappacino. Everything was excellent.

I made the mistake of going to Tony Chengs around 3, expecting to order some dim sum. It was too late, so instead of leaving I tried their hunan chicken, which was not good.
Take it easy,you have already won.Did I send you some FOIA's?If I did,I have some further info to share with you.It's simply a battle of attrition,whoever blinks first.
Tax Man
Deacon of the Fiscal Quatloosians

Postby Doktor Avalanche » Wed May 04, 2011 3:11 pm

'Nuff said.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Return to Gambling and Quatloosia Good Life