a perennial lawyer favorite--whiplash!

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

a perennial lawyer favorite--whiplash!

Post by Cathulhu »

Two years ago I spent $400 to hear a rheumatologist tell me "I can't help you, you're a mass of old injuries". Two weeks ago I spent $20 to cut a pound of hair off my head, and I gotta say it seems to be helping the old whiplash injury that's kept me less than mobile most of this spring.

But now I look exactly like my aunties...fortunately, I have cute aunties. But my cat may never forgive me.

Anyone else finding any simple commonsense helps for this kind of thing, say so! Surprising how much the haircut seems to be helping. Using less tylenol now.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Re: a perennial lawyer favorite--whiplash!

Post by Kestrel »

Less hair = less hairspray and other hair-care chemicals. Also less heat.

But I ultimately discovered that the cause of my headaches was high blood pressure. The cause was genetic, not stress. Getting the high blood pressure under control eliminated my headaches.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

I have never used hair spray in my life! Used to have the classic Injun mop of long straight hair, didn't do much with it but wash and wear. Still have wash and wear hair, just two inches long instead of several feet long.
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

A stripper I was chatting with at a party told me how to do this, when I admired her hair--I'm still mostly brunette, but the haircut reveals that I'm getting some gray, so I did the little old lady trick of using bluing in the final rinse after washing it (and you need bleach later to get the blue out of the sink!). It turned the dark brown into jet black, and the gray into blue highlights, and I'll get this mousse stuff (never used before) figured out eventually. It's a bit subtler than most blue hair I've seen, and washes right out (need more bleach in shower stall, turned my white shower blue). I don't miss getting it caught in doorways or car windows, but Cathulhu (the real one) is very annoyed that she can't play in it anymore. But short hair is much easier for me to play with, hence adventures with color and mousse, never tried before.

Guys, you should try it, but not when you have a court appearance! The bluing did make my hair feel stiffer and drier, but it's only temporary. Next time my rocker cousin invites me to a cd release party, gotta do this with the gel spikes! Thought about getting a mohawk, but I'm undecided.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

A client gave me a memory foam pillow (they didn't like it) and it's cut back on the creaking noise in my neck when I turn my head. Might work for you.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

I don't have a lot of rules for myself (Rule One: never put anything in your mouth that you don't enjoy, which is also my prime dietary restriction. There are only so many calories you can intake before they turn into fat, so only eat what you really like.) but one of them is that I'll talk to anyone who is reasonably courteous to me. I loathe snobbery, and also think people are more than their jobs. However, if you're an idiot, you may not necessarily enjoy talking with me, and I do take a certain pleasure in kicking ass on the chessboard...
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Don't it make my brown [eyes] blue ....
:lol:
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95