Greg Caton - Cure For Cancer?

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Greg Caton - Cure For Cancer?

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

djt10 wrote:Your ignorance is a sad thing. I'm a a licensed teacher, investigative researcher and writer, published author, and I specialize in alternative cancer treatments. ...
You need to add "promoter of dangerous quackery," to your resume.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
djt10 wrote:Your ignorance is a sad thing. I'm a a licensed teacher, investigative researcher and writer, published author, and I specialize in alternative cancer treatments. ...
You need to add "promoter of dangerous quackery," to your resume.
... and "Writer of Mind-Numbing, Paragraphless, Self-Serving, Undocumented Pap". You really need to learn how to write in a way that doesn't make the reader's brain go "tilt" after the first few sentences -- and you still haven't offered us anything that isn't self-serving, conclusory or anecdotal.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

djt10 wrote:I'm a a licensed teacher, investigative researcher and writer, published author
You don't have to say anything about yourself, but you bring it up. Your point seems to be that someone who is "a a licensed teacher, investigative researcher and writer, published author" couldn't be a complete idiot, appearances notwithstanding. So, since you do bring it up, what's your educational background (dates, institutions, degrees)? What have you researched and written? What have you published? A google of your name and place of residence (from the whois search) turns up your site, this article and that's about it. As for the "writer, published author" claim, my immediate reaction is to ask if the word "paragraph" means anything to you.
and I specialize in alternative cancer treatments.
That's a little like specializing in astrology.
Not for money--my stomach cancer was cured by a naturopathic doctor in 1979
Do you know what anecdotes are worth in terms of proof? If not, please go do "investigative research" on claims of alien abductions. There are plenty of 'em. After all, my great-aunt Tillie raises prize-winning tomatoes in her garden in the Sea of Tranquility.
Salve didn't come along until several years later,
If you mean escharotics - so-called "black salves" - as I think you yourself wrote above, they've been around far longer than that. Burned your skin off then too.
and we used it ourselves before I ever went public with it in 2003.
"The plural of anecdote is not data." - Roger Brinner.
He became known as a "naturopathic oncology pioneer"
Who? Do you mean Caton? For a "published author", you really don't write very well.
and had a cure rate unknown to conventional medicine.
Proof? Why, he says so. What more could you want?
I observed for 2 1/2 years as a lay student so I could write about it, so I saw it happen first hand.
Ah. You say so too. Did I mention that my great-aunt Tillie also raises record-setting pumpkins? Great place, the Sea of Tranquility.
This business about "burning" tissues is utter nonsense. Salve won't react unless there is abnornal tissue, and they don't have to be on the surface.
Proof? I'm sure actual clinical trials are too much to ask. So I'll settle for the chemistry. Please tell us the compounds that produce these miracle results, and diagram the reactions by which they attack "abnornal" tissue and not normal tissue. My chemistry background goes through orgo, so I'll get the gist.

Of course, you could always produce the clinical trials.
I tried to remove a couple of benign moles with it and the salve just sat there and did nothing.
ImageImage

As I said, Night of the Living Dead.
Go ahead and stick with allopathic medicine if you really have faith in "conventional cancer therapy".
Ah. "Allopathic medicine", the term invented by Samuel Hahnemann, father of homeopathy, to describe medicine that works but that he didn't get paid for. Are you into homeopathy too?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

wserra wrote:
djt10 wrote:and had a cure rate unknown to conventional medicine.
Proof? Why, he says so. What more could you want?
Less than 0? that would be unknown to conventional medicine, especially with the occassional spontaneous remission.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I stopped reading around here:
In 1900, one out of 100 people died from cancer, and it was usually the very young, feeble, or elderly. Now it's over 1/3 of the population and rising.
This line of thinking really annoyed me when I read it in Trudeau's book and it still annoys me.
The leading causes of death in 1900 were pneumonia, tuberculosis, and diarrhea. Back then, those things were probably formidable enemies but as of 2005, they weren't even in the top ten. In this case, it raises the question that if those people didn't die of things that we've successfully wiped from the top ten, whose to say that they wouldn't have eventually gotten cancer and died? Also, I remember in that movie And the Band Played On and there was a part where they were having a hard time finding out how many people actually died from AIDS because the doctors kept listing cause of death as an fever or pneumonia. Whether or not that actually happened doesn't matter because it raises an important question for me: How many people really died from cancer but the doctors misclassified the death as pnuemonia? Clearly, our ability to diagnose cancer back then would be far inferior than it is now and I doubt that autopsies were regularly performed so it's a real possibility.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Since I and at least one other frequent poster are watching our beloved family members dying, I'm not at all sure I trust myself to even speak of this horrendous charlatan. Selling worthless and harmful quackery to desperate, grief-stricken people is reprehensible beyond my ability with words. If the Buddhists have anything with those karma beliefs, this disgusting liar will be reborn into his true form--pond scum.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Cathulhu wrote:Since I and at least one other frequent poster are watching our beloved family members dying, I'm not at all sure I trust myself to even speak of this horrendous charlatan. Selling worthless and harmful quackery to desperate, grief-stricken people is reprehensible beyond my ability with words. If the Buddhists have anything with those karma beliefs, this disgusting liar will be reborn into his true form--pond scum.
Having watched my in-laws die -- both from pancreatic cancer, and having seen their daughter/my wife survive ovarian cancer for 8 years now, thanks to modern medicine, I would hope that this sleazebag would be reborn into a primitive tribe in some remote area where all of their "medicines" are natural/holistic/whatever. Then, when he falls ill from one of the horrible diseases which modern medicine can treat, he can live out the rest of his life enjoying the ...um, "benefits" of the snake-oil that he peddles to his victims.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The correct appellation for "djt10" is liar and fraud, and accessory to murder, possibly with the qualifier of "deluded", but I will just stick with the original summation.

As to the aforementioned's claims, I would suspect they are equally falsity and value. In the first place, no one who is a real teacher and has really met the requirements to be one uses the term "licensed", and if anything was ever published it was in the local "crank column" as a filler piece. So, we are back to my original summation of liar and fraud, with the additional qualifiers of long winded, sententious, and wind bag, effluent disperser.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

notorial dissent wrote:So, we are back to my original summation of liar and fraud, with the additional qualifiers of long winded, sententious, and wind bag, effluent disperser.
Sententious (definition 3: "abounding in pompous moralizing"), but not sentient.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein