MF Global may be missing a whole lot of money

Stock and Bond Fraud, including Boiler Rooms / Pump and Dump Schemes, Mutual Fund & Hedge Fund Fraud, FOREX scams, plus Churning, Private Placements, Venture and Bridge Funding, IPOs, Viaticals Fraud, HYIP and Prime Bank scams, MTNs, Historical Notes, Recovery Schemes, etc. Includes the Jim Norman Project and the Michael Dotson Project and similar HYIP scams.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Re: MF Global may be missing a whole lot of money

Post by Number Six »

Typical American charade, set him up with adulation, high position in finance and government, and then watch him implode when he is way over his head. It's like the messiah complex, one week the man is celebrated as the savior of the world the next he gets tried, convicted and crucified as a fake, phony, two-bit fraud.

Too bad he can't head for a secluded island paradise somewhere after having plastic surgery done, to enjoy all those millions.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: MF Global may be missing a whole lot of money

Post by notorial dissent »

Ouch!!! 600 million here, 600 million there and next thing you know you're talking about real money all of a sudden.

Clearing up this mess is going to put a severe dent in someone's piggy bank.

If Corzine had been CEO of Goldman I would have thought he should have had the experience to have run something like this. The problem with commodities trading is that it is/can be so very dangerous, and gamblers aren't going to win in the long run, as this demonstrated.

It does sound, from what little I have been able to find that the corporate culture of this company was not what one would want in a firm one had any amount of money sitting in.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.