Let's get some of Gadhafi's money now (faxed)

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
Jabrjo

Let's get some of Gadhafi's money now (faxed)

Post by Jabrjo »

Just got this one faxed to me.

Dear Sir,

My name is Ms Jumai Abdullah, a national of Republic of Libya and a former director of accounts with the former govemment of Libya under the leadership of Late Col Gadhafi. I am seeking your assistance to partner with me to secure the funds ($52M) kept in the custody of a finance house here in Luxemburg by one of Gadhafi's family member. Being a close confidant to the family, I am privy to a deposit made by a Gadhafi's family member during the start of the hostilities back in Libya. The deposit was not done in their name as they are aware of the mandate of the UNITED NATIONS to all financial institutions around the world to report any funds belonging to their family. I have all necessary details and contracts of claim to the funds as I am directly involved in the deposit. All I need to do is move the funds out of its present place in your name to your account. This process will not cost you anything money upfront. I decided to do this because I have no intention of returning back to Libya as I have been blacklisted as a prominent kitchen cabinent of the Gadhafi govemment therefore I am currently in self-exile here in Luxemburg. I will give you details when I receive your response. I will ensure all procedures to see the successful completion of this project. Be rest assured that this transaction is 100% risk free. Upon completion of this transaction, you will transfer 70% of the funds to the account i will provide to you while 30% will be for you. My fax number is +35224611278. You can also reach me through my private email---jumai@repoflibya.com or private phone +35220880758. Please keep this very confidential. let me know if you will be of assistance.

My regards

Jumai Abdullah

I loved the way she spelled Libia and government.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Re: Let's get some of Gadhafi's money now (faxed)

Post by Kestrel »

Jabrjo wrote:I loved the way she spelled Libia and government.
Ummm... Libya is the correct spelling.

But Luxembourg is spelled with an "o".
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Jabrjo

Post by Jabrjo »

Ok, so they got Libya spelled right, my bad, but they still spelled government wrong.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

And a bit of a problem with "cabinent". Still, a classic example of a plea from the widow of a prominent Nigerian official very minimally modified to keep up with the times.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

I have email correspondence with government officials in other countries and none of them have a .com domain for email.

Granted, the domain may have been created after G's downfall but it seems like a stupid way to draw attention to yourself if you are laying (lying?) low.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Just for fun I think we should send this to the UN since someone has clearly hidden bank funds that the UN wants
Jabrjo

Post by Jabrjo »

I went to the website that is hosting the email account and tried to write them a message from the sender of the fax saying that they just wanted to let them know they were using that email address as a way for communications for their scams. it wouldn't let me post it though. There is a box on that page with a math problem with something like 3+3= and a box for you to put the answer in. It seems though that no matter how many times you put the correct answer in, it won't take it and it generates a new math problem. Either they don't know their math because I do know that 3+3=6 and it said that was wrong or it was because my keyboard is set up for English and their website is set up for a different language.