FBI goes in, just because

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

add2cart

FBI goes in, just because

Post by add2cart »

The FBI said the raid was part of an investigation that's been going on for months. It said it is analyzing several items agents seized with their search warrant.
Neighbors said they believe the couple is part of a movement called Sovereign Citizens, which protests paying taxes.
"Maybe some tax protesting and that kind of thing. People protest all the time in this country, and it's your right. I don't think the FBI would come in with that kind of fire power," said Famiglietti.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/30265791/detai ... z1kKVnl8cy
I wish our FBI were that aggressive. I think.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: FBI goes in, just because

Post by Demosthenes »

Autumn Oaks in Lake Mary, FL...

Took me less than a minute to figure out the names of the family.

Mrs. Sovereign is a suijuris and Myrland regular and has been acting as a notary public on various wingnut filings...

Too easy.
Demo.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Easier than writing an alleged book, obviously.

:Axe:
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Dude, you have no idea. I'm writing a YA novel in honor of my late baby sister, and I'm stuck at 21,000 words. I don't lack for motivation--just swamped periodically with grief. Try it yourself before you knock Demo.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The book is written. The problem is the publisher.
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Demosthenes wrote:The book is written. The problem is the publisher.
All publishers/editors are "ghouls and cannibals". Dorothy L Sayers.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:The book is written. The problem is the publisher.
Sovrun & Son?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Cathulhu wrote:Dude, you have no idea. I'm writing a YA novel in honor of my late baby sister, and I'm stuck at 21,000 words. I don't lack for motivation--just swamped periodically with grief. Try it yourself before you knock Demo.
Cath, a little background on the long-running joke about Demo's book. In the days of yore when she first told us that she was writing the book we, of course, were very eager to see it published and read it. None of us expected that the book was going to be written or appear overnight and that it would be some time before it appeared. As time went by, Demo would provide teaser updates and such. But as more time went by, Demo started encountering new chapters of TP activity and stupidity that couldn't simply be ignored; she incorporated such material as the Browns' income tax evasion, trial, conviction, standoff, arrest and subsequent trial (that in itself probably deserved its own book).

Of course, being the Quatloosians that we are, we decided to start ribbing Demo about delaying the publishing by including new material. The joke continued to grow over time and so every few weeks or so, somebody decides to add to the compendium of Demo's "non-book."

I think most of us realized long ago that the book was finished and that it got hung up with the strange world of publishing decisions, something that is obviously beyond Demo's control. I think Demo has been a pretty good sport over the years in letting us tease her about it - I am also pretty sure she has a sweet plan of revenge to implement against us in the future.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The Observer wrote: - I am also pretty sure she has a sweet plan of revenge to implement against us in the future.
The quote, "Be afraid, be very afraid" was made for a reason...... it still applies...
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

The Observer wrote:.... - I am also pretty sure she has a sweet plan of revenge to implement against us in the future.
You're on the pre-publication order list for buyers who are willing to purchase one of the 500 limited edition, hand tooled, leather bound, gold embossed copies at a special price of $7,500 ?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:You're on the pre-publication order list for buyers who are willing to purchase one of the 500 limited edition, hand tooled, leather bound, gold embossed copies at a special price of $7,500 ?
More likely I will be one of the hand-tooled, leather bound editions, since she will be using my skin for the cover...
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I am also pretty sure she has a sweet plan of revenge to implement against us in the future.
:twisted:
Demo.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

CaptainKickback wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:
I am also pretty sure she has a sweet plan of revenge to implement against us in the future.
Does it involve vinyl, danger, spiked heels and fishnet stockings? :twisted: :wink:
Is that actually a threat or a promise?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

CaptainKickback wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:
Does it involve vinyl, danger, spiked heels and fishnet stockings? :twisted: :wink:
Yes, but not in the way you'd like.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self