Finman will blow your house down

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

add2cart

Finman will blow your house down

Post by add2cart »

Trial nears in assault case; Finman accused of dismantling house with people still inside

4 February 2012
The Coeur d'Alene Press

SANDPOINT - A Bonner County landowner is scheduled to be tried later this month for allegedly tearing down a house around a family whose patriarch is an adherent of the sovereign citizen movement.

Paul Fagerlie Finman is charged with three counts of aggravated assault for using a tractor to demolish a home while three of its occupants were still inside.

The incident occurred at Finman's ranch in Vay in October 2010.

Finman, 56, pleaded not guilty to the felony charges and his five day jury trial is set to begin in 1st District Court on Feb. 28.

Rebecca Campbell and her two children fled the home and were not injured, although they allegedly feared for their lives during the episode.

The defense has maintained Finman was unaware anybody was inside the home when he used the tractor's lift tongs to puncture and tear at the structure. Finman believed the Campbells, who were being evicted from the modest home, had already vacated the premises.

But a magistrate court judge noted that Finman told a deputy he heard voices inside the home after he heaved a rock through a sliding glass door. Judge Barbara Buchanan also found that there were ample indications outside the home - clothes on a clothesline, toys and other belongings - that the home was still being occupied.

Finman's defense attorney, Jeremy Feathers ton, moved to dismiss the case due to insufficient evidence showing that his client meant to harm anyone. District Judge Benjamin Simpson, however, sustained Buchanan's ruling.

Finman has directed sharp criticism at the sheriff and prosecutor's offices, accusing them of unfairly targeting him while shielding Alexander Duncan Campbell, a sovereign citizen who does not acknowledge the legitimacy of federal, state or local government.

Finman contends he had to prod a sheriff's deputy into arresting Alexander Campbell on an active warrant when he arrived at the home after it was destroyed.

Sheriff Daryl Wheeler and Chief Deputy Prosecutor Shane Greenbank have defended their handling of the Finman case and deny any bias in the matter.

Finman has taken his cause to the Bonner County Property Rights Council, the Idaho Freedom Foundation and the Bonner Boundary Priority Planning Project.

"I've had too much personal experience with Bonner County being a good place for extremists to relocate their illegal cash businesses," Finman said in a Thursday email to a Bonner Boundary Priority Planning Project official. "The social and economic impact of these extremists is much more negative for North Idaho than the Aryan Nations ever were."

Project officials politely declined Finman's request to get involved.

A big question orbiting the criminal case is whether Alexander Campbell, who faces arrest on Kootenai and Nez Perce county warrants for failing to appear on motor vehicle violations and weapons possession charges, will show for Finman's trial.
He also did a slide presentation at the local Jonesy's to educate the public about sovereign citizens.

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news ... 48eae.html
Last edited by add2cart on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Finman will blow your house down

Post by The Observer »

The problem is that Finman took a page out of the sovereign handbook in trying to deal with the Campbells. He is lucky that he didn't end up seriously injuring or killing someone with that tractor.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
add2cart

Post by add2cart »

Agreed, but I feel his pain.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

A big question orbiting the criminal case is whether Alexander Campbell, who faces arrest on Kootenai and Nez Perce county warrants for failing to appear on motor vehicle violations and weapons possession charges, will show for Finman's trial.
That's the big question. He doesn't turn up and the defence will be saying no witness or complainant to cross examine. He does turn up and the defence asks why, when he doesn't believe in the system. And that all assumes he doesn't do something sovereign and stupid just before he's meant to be at Finman's trial which results in him being "unavailable".
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Also agree but at some point in time more and more incidents like this are going to occur.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Northern Idaho-- isn't that where one soverun group claimed they had broken off a chunk to form their own county?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
add2cart

Post by add2cart »

Also agree but at some point in time more and more incidents like this are going to occur.
Absolutely, because it's virtually impossible to get law enforcement's attention. If you're a private citizen dealing one of these kooks, you're on your own.
penny2

Post by penny2 »

It surprises me that the FBI and Homeland Security don't do more law enforcement education on the Sovereign Movement. It's like they don't know what to do with them, so they do nothing. I thought they couldn't even use law enforcement since it is part of a government that they don't believe in. Can't sovs shoot cops and get away with it if they "trespass"? :thinking:
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

penny2 wrote:It surprises me that the FBI and Homeland Security don't do more law enforcement education on the Sovereign Movement. It's like they don't know what to do with them, so they do nothing. I thought they couldn't even use law enforcement since it is part of a government that they don't believe in. Can't sovs shoot cops and get away with it if they "trespass"? :thinking:
They are doing law enforcement training both here and in Canada.
Demo.