Mitt Romney's Money Man

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Mitt Romney's Money Man

Post by Lambkin »

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/02/24/ ... ndersloot/
Now we turn our attention to Frank L. VanderSloot, the billionaire businessman whose privately-held company, Idaho Falls-based Melaleuca, is one of the biggest donors to the super PAC backing Mitt Romney (Restore Our Future). He's also national finance co-chair of the former Massachusetts governor's campaign (somehow avoiding the legal barriers that are intended to keep super PACs separate from candidates' campaigns).
Melaleuca is essentially a pyramid scheme -- or, more politely, a "multilevel marketing firm," like Amway or Herbalife (HLF) -- in which so-called independent marketing executives make money by peddling the company's dietary supplements and cleaning products, as well as recruiting more salespeople (the newer recruits being on the lower levels of the pyramid).
Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

Re: Mitt Romney's Money Man

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Careful, Lambkin.

As that link also points out..
Writing about VanderSloot is a riskier endeavor than covering Adelson or Friess: As Glenn Greenwald of Salon.com has explained, VanderSloot is in the habit of threatening to sue just about anyone who puts his name in print, from local bloggers to Forbes magazine.
That might just be you he's looking for next. :whistle:
soapboxmom
Matriarch of the Networked Soap Sales

Post by soapboxmom »

Frank Vandersloot is a lying sack of dukie and most obviously completely math imparied:

http://www.realscam.com/f9/melaleuca-scam-51/#post574

How can a guy who is unable to do calculations any self respecting junior high student could perform effortlessly get a job as the co-chair of finance????

Soapboxmom
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

I guess that explains why the Wikipedia article on him is so limited: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_L._VanderSloot

I have never been afraid of the consequences of telling the truth. The best action films out there have as their theme Davids battling Goliaths.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Hey I never said anything about Malalucre anyway, I just pointed out a news article relating to MLM. I'm sure he was framed. Please don't sue me, kind master.
Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Frank VanderSloot Honored as Entrepreneur of the Year from Idaho, by Newt Gingrich

WASHINGTON, DC – Former Speaker of the House and General Chairman of American Solutions, Newt Gingrich, recently honored Mr. Frank L. Vandersloot, CEO of Melaleuca, Inc., as American Solutions’ 2009 Entrepreneur of the Year from Idaho. Speaker Gingrich recognized Mr. Frank Vandersloot at an American Solutions awards dinner on September 23, 2009 at the Capitol Hill Club in Washington, DC.
Wonder if Newt might want his plaque back?