Home Profit Masters

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

pupa7775

Home Profit Masters

Post by pupa7775 »

I got a question: Did anybody tried to do business with Home Profit Masters???? Yesterday I was contacted by some guy Steve from Premier Monitoring (tried to google them, couldn't find any info about them. Also, he stated he is calling from AZ, but the phone # area code was the same as mine, and I am from IL, weird.) He was asking about balances on my credit cards, and that they could pay me certain amount of money to pay off those balances and do some business on the internet with them. They also carefully selecting people for this ( maybe looking for really stupid ones, like myself, kidding) and need a family (husband and wife) be together on this. Anybody been in situation like this? He is suppose to call me this afternoon, and I don't if I need to bother talking to him in general. Thanks in advance for your answers.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Re: Home Profit Masters

Post by Kestrel »

I see red flags all over just screaming "scam." If he really wants to hire you for legitimate work, why does he need your credit card information? It's none of my employer's business how I choose to spend my money. If I want to keep large CC balances and invest in stock, pay off my mortgage, take a vacation, buy a car, or whatever, that's my business.

My guess is that he's trying to steal your CC info.
...and do some business on the internet with them.
Does this mean use YOUR credit card to conduct business for THEIR company? RUN!!! If he says you'll be using your own credit cards because you'll be an "independent" business owner, it's still a scam. Don't fall for it.

If the deal is legitimate, and really that good, they can send the full details and necessary disclosure information in writing through the mail. Tell him to do that. See if he asks for your address.

"Husband and wife must attend together" is a tactic abused all the time by hard-sell timeshare salesmen. If they can hook just one of you, the other will follow to make the spouse happy. Don't fall for it.

He may well have been calling from out of state, using voice-over-IP to route the call through a local number. That's not a scam in itself, but it is a slick psychological tactic designed to get more people to answer the phone.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

If he does call you back see if you can get a website address or something else that we can run down. Like Kestrel said it sounds like a scam so it would be nice to be able to put the information out there so others can see it. Welcome to Quatloos.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
pupa7775

Post by pupa7775 »

Does this mean use YOUR credit card to conduct business for THEIR company? RUN!!! If he says you'll be using your own credit cards because you'll be an "independent" business owner, it's still a scam. Don't fall for it.
That's the thing: they want to write a check to me in the amount of the balances that I own to the credit card companies. For ex.: if I own around $30,000 to my credit cards all together (credit cards, student loans and personal loans and etc., but not mortgages & equity), they would write a check in my name for $30,000 in exchange for SOMETHING to them. I had no time to discuss about it yesterday, so he'll be calling back today. He told me to check them out by going to their website http://www.premiermonitoring.com, but I cannot find them online. :thinking: Their are affiliated with Home Profit Masters, the ones offering to do business online by opening a domain name and advertising products and all, so I do not know if I should listen to what he wants to offer. He was not asking for the account # or anything, but talked about that business mysteriously, like a top secret.
Last edited by webhick on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added quote tags.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

pupa7775 wrote:That's the thing: they want to write a check to me in the amount of the balances that I own to the credit card companies. For ex.: if I own around $30,000 to my credit cards all together (credit cards, student loans and personal loans and etc., but not mortgages & equity), they would write a check in my name for $30,000 in exchange for SOMETHING to them.
OK, this might be an "advance fee" fraud. The "service" you provide is being a Money Mule in a money laundering scheme. Here's a description of the fraud as it is used in on-line auctions.

99.99% chance you'll get a fraudulent check for MORE than $30,000, with instructions to IMMEDIATELY purchase a money order or cashier's check for the difference and mail it to parts unknown within 48 hours. Ten days later the fraudulent check bounces.

If they're sophisticated, they'll give you some excuse about "testing" the bank accounts and your trustworthiness, and start by sending you a few small legitimate checks. You keep a "fee" and forward the overpayment balance on the small checks. Once your guard is down they hit you with the big check and wipe you out.

Welcome to Quatloos. Remember the old adage: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don't fall for it.
I had no time to discuss about it yesterday, so he'll be calling back today. He told me to check them out by going to their website http://www.premiermonitoring.com, but I cannot find them online. :thinking: Their are affiliated with Home Profit Masters, the ones offering to do business online by opening a domain name and advertising products and all, so I do not know if I should listen to what he wants to offer. He was not asking for the account # or anything, but talked about that business mysteriously, like a top secret.
Fake website, unprovable claims of corporate affiliation, mysterious discussion... They're playing you for a sucker. And you're still considering listening to his offer? Please do yourself a favor and block his phone number instead.

They may or may not be affiliated with Home Profit Masters, but how would anyone prove it? BTW, here's some enlightenment on Home Profit Masters Scam - Facts and Fiction.
Realscam.com gives some more background on the company, operating under the name of Online Profit Masters. I found this line interesting:
realscam.com wrote:- Over the next two weeks they called me relentlessly. Changing their method and putting “BLOCKED” id on their phone did I answer, lo and behold it was David Merill from Online Profit Masters.
Quatloos regulars know all about the name David Merill. Same person? Coincidence?
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
pupa7775

Post by pupa7775 »

All I can say "Wow!"
Thanks!

I did tell him I don't want to hear from him anymore...I read that Home Profit Masters under investigation by FTC.
littleroundman

Post by littleroundman »

Home Profit Masters is the latest in a long line of get-rich-quick schemes run by serial fraudster, Phil Gannuscia.

Other scams from Gannuscia include Online Profit Masters, Income Masters Institute, Clicks To Cash, Vensure International, EducationTrainingOnline.com, DropShip Development and DS Development.

If Home Profit Masters has your phone number and address, be prepared for a large number of high pressure sales calls.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Kestrel wrote:Quatloos regulars know all about the name David Merill. Same person? Coincidence?
Probably coincidence. Our David Merrill (did I just call him "ours?" - sheesh!) spells his "last" name with two Rs instead of one.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

The Observer wrote:
Kestrel wrote:Quatloos regulars know all about the name David Merill. Same person? Coincidence?
Probably coincidence. Our David Merrill (did I just call him "ours?" - sheesh!) spells his "last" name with two Rs instead of one.
David also seems to theorise about government, the Illuminati, money, taxation, time travel and conspiracies. I think it unlikely he'd be calling people with some scammy sounding deal from somewhere in Utah. Besides, pushing his shopping cart over to Utah would take some time and effort. Have we heard from DMVP recently by the way? The fires in Colorado made MSM where I am and, whatever I think about the guy, I'd hate to think he's ended up immolated.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Posts and photos re: CO fire moved here.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume