NuSkin - "My Scandalous Life with a Billionaire Cougar"

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

NuSkin - "My Scandalous Life with a Billionaire Cougar"

Post by Doc Bunkum »

It just doesn't get much better than this!

From the Salt Lake Tribune, Sunday, July 29, 2012, this story...

Nu Skin co-founder embroils company in her marital maelstrom

Resignation » Books by two ex-husbands prompt lawsuit as share price plummets.

Seems the inner workings of this MLM giant are about to be exposed.

Her current hubby is working on a tell-all book...

"Trophy Husband - My time Observing the 1% Feeding on the 99%"
Whistleblower sued for 60 Million Dollars

In response to this website I was sued by my ex-wife, Nu Skin co-founder, Sandie N. Tillotson, who felt that my forthcoming book is not helping her business and personal objectives....
No fooling!

He has an actual copy of the suit on his site.... Lawsuit Documents.

Seems Ms. Tillotson's 2nd hubby didn't think much of her either and also wrote a tell-all book -

FORMERLY FILTHY RICH - My Scandalous Life with a Billionaire Cougar

Apparently the book was available at Amazon, but she used her resources to shut down the book from being distributed.

Not to be outdone, he put the book on line for all to read and it can be found on this link:

Adam Baker's Banned Book.

Far too much material here to include everything in one post, but as I said, this is going to be good! :lol:
soapboxmom
Matriarch of the Networked Soap Sales

Re: NuSkin - "My Scandalous Life with a Billionaire Cougar"

Post by soapboxmom »

This has been fascinating to follow. To clarify van Nederveen is husband # 2 and the colorful stripper was husband # 3.

Van Nederveen is sharp as hell and doing a superb job of taking on Nuskin. It is the 60 Million Dollar Man / Mr. Atlas vs. the Nuskin pyramid scheme and its top wench.

He is asking for help in his legal fight.

http://www.legalteamdonation.blogspot.c ... mment-form

This fight will be one to watch!

Soapboxmom
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

soapboxmom wrote:This has been fascinating to follow. To clarify van Nederveen is husband # 2 and the colorful stripper was husband # 3.

Van Nederveen is sharp as hell and doing a superb job of taking on Nuskin. It is the 60 Million Dollar Man / Mr. Atlas vs. the Nuskin pyramid scheme and its top wench.

He is asking for help in his legal fight.

http://www.legalteamdonation.blogspot.c ... mment-form

This fight will be one to watch!

Soapboxmom

He is also really hot. I went to his website and looked at some of his posts. I agree he is smart the way he is handling this. A trophy husband with brains.
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

http://citronresearch.com/index.php?s=n ... mit=Search

Van Nederveen is taking on Nuskin on every front. His site is where I found this scathing report on Nuskin:

http://www.citronresearch.com/citron-pu ... re-ageloc/
Nu Skin is :
operating an illegal
MLM in China

in apparent violation of FDA
and/or FTC regulatory law
in the U.S., and

lying about a scientific research
relationship with Stanford University
for their flagship technology AgeLOC
That is a must read on why scams shouldn't go public! And, I think that report will also get the full attention of the FDA.
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

http://pyramidschemealert.org/nu-skin-f ... le-blower/

Robert FitzPatrick of Pyramid Scheme Alert has done a wonderful write-up on Nuskin's very vocal whistle-blower.
.....Divorce Court to Wall Street

The Tillotson-van Nederveen divorce story has now been moved from a private marital dispute to public questions about Nu Skin Enterprise’s business model, its consumer income claims, the efficacy of its “anti-aging” products, business ethics, ties to Mitt Romney and the lavish lifestyles of Nu Skin’s Mormon leaders. The reporters that are now digging for details are seasoned Wall Street business writers. Their interest is not in marital drama but business realities. Nu Skin’s top selling product is reportedly under government scrutiny as a possible “medical device”, which would trigger many more regulations. Nu Skin appears to be making the extraordinary claim that its products literally affect the aging process, According to a Nu Skin website, “The expression of skin-related Youth Gene Clusters is responsible for the signs of aging on our skin. Through ageLOC science, Nu Skin has the ability to RESET THESE GENES to behave more youthfully, helping to restore a more youthful balance in the skin for a younger looking appearance.”

In May, Nu Skin’s stock suffered a devastating drop of 35% in market value.

Van Nederveen may know plenty about Nu Skin’s business. He sat with the inner circle and knows them all personally, traveled to the recruitment rallies around the globe, saw with his own eyes how the recruiting system worked, and he heard many inside stories about the products. He saw first hand the opulent lifestyle of the leaders who, on stage, were presented as pious and modest Mormons.......
The 60 Milliion Dollar Man / Mr. Atlas taking on Nuskin might be the straw that broke the camel's back. Naughty Nuskin is getting quite the spanking!!!
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The things that happen when the trophy is pretty and isn't empty headed and gets traded in.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

According to a Nu Skin website, “The expression of skin-related Youth Gene Clusters is responsible for the signs of aging on our skin. Through ageLOC science, Nu Skin has the ability to RESET THESE GENES to behave more youthfully, helping to restore a more youthful balance in the skin for a younger looking appearance.”
I think if 4Skin were able to do what they claim, they should be up for a Nobel prize or something.

According to pharmacist RICK RHOADS, Pharm.D.:
The ageLOC™ technology that supposedly targets “youth gene clusters” is nothing more than a well known aspirin-like compound called Salicin. It is an extract from willow bark that has been around for ages. It was used by physicians and apothecaries for centuries to alleviate anything from headaches, lower back pain, and menstrual cramps.

Who you going to believe? :?:
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

The very outspoken David Brear is supporting van Nederveen's fine work exposing the Nuskin scam:

http://mlmtheamericandreammadenightmare ... z-has.html
'MLM' The American Dream Made Nightmare

On this thought-provoking new Blog, English author, David Brear, guides us to the dark heart of a modern-day, totalitarian labyrinth and shines a piercing light on its manipulative rulers and manipulated inhabitants. First, he provides a spool of unbreakable thread so that we can all find our way safely home.
Wednesday, 15 August 2012
Deutsche Bank's Bill Schmitz, has all but admitted that the 'Nu Skin' Racketeers have conspired to subvert the rule of law in China.
Ouch! I foresee historic lows for that stock!!!!
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

He has an actual copy of the suit on his site.... Lawsuit Documents.
Seems Mr. van Nederveen has removed those documents from his website - something to do with respect to the case.

Any legal types on this board that could check on the progress of the case and where things stand at the moment? :D
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/5493 ... n.html.csp
Dever admitted his previous order was overly broad. That came after Van Nederveen Meerkerk’s attorney, Mark Stubbs of Provo, filed a petition with the Utah Supreme Court to appeal the previous restrictions, which Stubbs argued violated free speech rights.

Dever said his new order would still prohibit Van Nederveen Meerkerk from posting material that might be defamatory under Utah law and from talking to the media about such matters.

But the judge said the ex-husband could talk about anything else, including his criticism of Nu Skin. Van Nederveen Meerkerk says the company operates in a way that almost all of the money that comes from selling personal care products to independent distributors ends up in the hands of a few people, many of them related to the founders.

"If he wants to talk about Nu Skin being a pyramid scheme or he thinks it’s a big criminal enterprise, he’s allowed to do that," Dever said.
Score another victory for the 60 Million Dollar man. If anyone has the time could dig up the court papers I too would be eternally grateful. Nuskin has met their match!

:Axe:
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

The comments below that story are a blast!

I particularly like this one... :lol:
The most hilarious part of this case to me is that Sandie hired the two stupidest lawyers in Utah to represent her. Half of the charges they filed against Diederik are for claims about Sandie that Adam Baker made in his book, not Diederik. Her attorneys made no effort to investigate the evidentiary basis of their own allegations, and they can't even tell Sandie's ex-husbands apart. What a circus.