Online Verdict Juror

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

cdj1122

Online Verdict Juror

Post by cdj1122 »

Online Verdict Juror

It has been while since I've visited here so I may be out of touch. However a daughter of a friend has come upon this business and I was asked if it looked like a scam of some kind. My general feeling is that any work at home scheme is more than likely a scam
I wondered if it had been discussed in one of the forums here ?

Thank you for signing up to be an OnlineVerdict.com juror! Please add cases@onlineverdict.com to your allowed email list or spam filter to make sure you receive notification about future cases in your area. Remember that when you are first contacted and how often you are contacted is dependent on the number of cases posted in your venue.
When a case is posted in your county or Federal district OnlineVerdict.com will send you an email invitation to review that case. The email will provide a link back to this website. Just log in with your username and password and you will be directed to the case for review. Once you have completed your case review you will receive a check in the mail. Checks are mailed once a month and will be sent to your address on file in your OnlineVerdict.com account. If your contact information changes, remember to update your profile information to ensure that you are contacted about cases and receive payments.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Re: Online Verdict Juror

Post by Kestrel »

Nothing I saw screams "scam." The fees charged to the attorneys don't appear to be unreasonable ($2000 for the case report and first 25 mock jurors, $1000 for each additional 25 mock jurors). The payment to juror-participants is modest ($20 to $60 per case). Just for comparison, I was tapped for official jury duty twice in the last two years. The first court paid me $32 for one day, the second court paid me $15.

I don't see any get-rich-quick claims, they're not asking for mock juror banking or credit card information (on the first "juror signup" page, which is all I viewed), and they say they make all payments by check through the US mail.

It looks like an interesting way for attorneys to pre-screen their cases using modern technology. Mock juries are a well-established tool.

If this passes the "scam" test by other Quatloosians, I ***might*** consider signing up myself.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
cdj1122

Re: Online Verdict Juror

Post by cdj1122 »

Thanks for the input. I've been looking on the net for anything bad and so far it seems on the up and up.
My acquaintance's daughter is physically handicapped and home bound, not mentally, and I'd hate to see her taken advantage of.