"Quantum Jumping"

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
Parvati
Demigoddess of Volatile Benevolence

"Quantum Jumping"

Post by Parvati »

From the web site:
Quantum Jumping is based on the idea that multiple universes exist. These universes are similar to the world you know in many ways. The difference is that in these universes different versions of you also exist who made different decisions at critical points in your life. Whether you choose to take it literally or metaphorically, the truth is Quantum Jumping works and has for close to 31,000 students since its launch in 2009.

Today Quantum Jumping is a global movement with a passionate community. The program is one of the best selling mind power home study programs on the Internet and in 2010 was the best-selling program in its publisher Mindvalley’s entire catalogue. Burt Goldman has almost 63,000 fans on Facebook.
No credit card required!

Hooey.
"The risk in becoming very intimate with a moldie Parvati is that she may unexpectedly become a Kali and take your head."--Rudy Rucker, Freeware
“Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.”--Lemuel K. Washburn.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Re: "Quantum Jumping"

Post by Number Six »

The original Star Trek had a number of excellent episodes with that theme, of course it is an idea like time travel that is either impossible to perform or prove that it happens...."Mirror, Mirror" as well as "The Tholian Web" come to mind as episodes where the concept was used effectively.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

The quantum jumping being pushed by Burt Goldman has nothing to do with science fiction or even the multiverse hypothesis in physics. It is a creative visualization technique. It probably works as well as any over motivation technique.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Quixote wrote:It probably works as well as any over motivation technique.
In which universe? Isn't the whole idea that everything that is true in some universes is not true in others? How do we know that we're in one of the universes where it works? And, if we successfully "quantum jump" to another, how do we know that it'll work there? If it doesn't work there, how will we ever be able to get back?

'Course, we could just put the whole thing in the "new age woo" basket (which was likely Parvati's point).
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Maybe it could take you to the Under-Verse.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

This seems to repeat the premise of the shortlived TV series "Sliders".

The notion of somehow switching from this universe to a parallel universe is not especially new; it was a recurring theme on Star Trek. However, wishing that one could do so does not make a "movement". Unless and until this guy can come up with a reliable means to send me to another universe - and a reliable means to get me back if it turns out to be less desirable than this one - I'm keeping my distance.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

I received this today.

http://www.quantumjumping.com/products
I’ll tell you what. As you grew older, you were forced to start living in the “real world”. Your teachers told you to stop daydreaming. Your parents told you to be “realistic” and get a good job. Bills and responsibilities started pouring in, and before you knew it, your childhood dreams had vanished into thin air.

But imagine for a second that somewhere out there, there is a version of you who is able to turn all those dreams into reality.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I'm horrified to contemplate a universe in which David Van Pelt is right about things.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote:I'm horrified to contemplate a universe in which David Van Pelt is right about things.
As far as Van Pelt is concerned, that falls under the rubric of "be careful what you wish for, because you may get it." I think that Van Pelt would not like the world he has built, if it (shudder) became a reality, because things wouldn't work out quite like he envisions.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools