Arbonne going International

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Fog Free

Arbonne going International

Post by Fog Free »

Arbonne has seen a dramatic drop in sales over the last year or so, and they have now launched in Australia. They are launching in the UK in November.

My question:

Is heading into international markets a last ditch effort for MLMs who are seeing the end of their reign in the US?

It seems like Arbonne had one huge surge when it came out with the anti-aging set and got Bob Henry and some successful Amway pyramid builders, but they haven't been able to match that success again.

I retained my consultant status for spying purposes, and I know that there have been very very few promotions in the last year. Hype over, I guess.

Any information on what the international move means, if it follows a typical pattern, etc. would be helpful.
Fog Free

Post by Fog Free »

No one knows what an international launch means for a company?
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Big buck for the launcher. I have a coworker who is friends with the "gentleman" who brought Amway to Japan.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Fog Free wrote:No one knows what an international launch means for a company?
I don't know if sufficient data exist to generalize. It may mean that the company is doing so well that it is expanding. It may mean that the company is doing so poorly that it is desperate. In the specific case of an MLM, it may mean that they feel that they have spread the pyramid sufficiently far that finding more suckers^H^H^H^H^H^H^H recruits will be easier offshore than here. If, as you say, Arbonne's US revenue has dropped off, the last seems likely, but that conclusion is based more on common sense than economics.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Fog Free

Post by Fog Free »

Thanks wserra. I just wasn't sure if this the beginning of the end for them, or just a new avenue to exploit more women who can't afford it.