JohnnyCash

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

JohnnyCash

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

It seems that JohnnyCash has found the secret of success -- merge Pete Hendrickson's CtC with David Merrill's redemption of lawful money:

It would appear I'm one of the rare HENDRICKSON success stories, but owing only to discovering David Merrill & lawful money in time. Here's the timeline:

- - 2007 As an independent business (receiving 1099s) I paid quarterly estimated taxes and filed annual 1040s like many Americans; a good sheeple.
1 - 2008 I read Pete's Cracking the Code and learned the truth about misapplied taxation. Successful at requesting most of the 1099s to stop. Filed a knowledgeable 1040 return: Page1 Page2 and received a full refund.
2 - 2009 no 1099s to speak of. Nothing withheld & no income tax paid. No return filed.
3 - 2010 no 1099s to speak of. Nothing withheld & no income tax paid. No return filed.
4 - 2011 no 1099s to speak of. Nothing withheld & no income tax paid. No return filed.
5 - 2012 received a 1099 (to prove Famspear wrong). Nothing withheld & no income tax paid. http://www.jesse2012.com/my109912.jpg
6 - 2013 received a 1099 (to prove Famspear wrong). Nothing withheld & no income tax paid. http://www.jesse2012.com/my109913.jpg
7 - 2014 Nothing withheld & no income tax paid.
latest Social Security Earnings Report

Within this same time period I began redeeming checks into lawful money according to law. Since the IRS has had all these facts & figures, for years ... I would ask this of the naysayers; where's my friv pen? where's the levy? where's the subpoena for tax evasion?

Hooooooo, boy. I don't have time to go into all of the unstated variables here.
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: JohnnyCash

Post by Jeffrey »

Just browsing through the recent 1099 and failure to file cases there seems to be a 4 to 10 year lag in time between ceasing to file and being convicted.

Maybe he's trying to accelerate the process by giving himself publicity?
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Two variables for the IRS: 1. How much money? 2. How much publicity? If neither of those is met, no action for a while. If BOTH of those are met, action is quicker. If only one is met -- typicl legal answer -- it depends
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Isn't this just another of Harvester's sock puppets? If so, why are we posting this in Tax Practice and Policies instead of our forum for Tax Protestors?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:Isn't this just another of Harvester's sock puppets? If so, why are we posting this in Tax Practice and Policies instead of our forum for Tax Protestors?
I believe so; Harvester, Nationwide (at losthorizons), Libre (at losthorizons), johnthetaxist, JohnnyCash, Noah (not our Noah, but Noah over at losthorizons), John Travis Harvester.......
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote:Isn't this just another of Harvester's sock puppets? If so, why are we posting this in Tax Practice and Policies instead of our forum for Tax Protestors?
I hadn't recalled that; but if so, it's fine with me if this thread gets moved.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Haven't we covered this before? If your only declared income is $9000 a year from collecting aluminium cans then the IRS isn't going to be bothered.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote:Isn't this just another of Harvester's sock puppets?
Yes.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

JohnnyCash wrote:5 - 2012 received a 1099 (to prove Famspear wrong). Nothing withheld & no income tax paid. http://www.jesse2012.com/my109912.jpg
6 - 2013 received a 1099 (to prove Famspear wrong). Nothing withheld & no income tax paid. http://www.jesse2012.com/my109913.jpg
The 1099-MISC for 2012 is for more than $79,000 of non-employee compensation, and that's likely to result in a letter asking about a return, but it's still early. Returns for 2012 that were on an automatic extension to file were only due last October, so it could be months before the IRS notices that there's no return for that SSN (assuming that the SSN on the 1099 is correct) and sends out a letter.

I don't really know how the IRS processes these things, but I would expect that it would depend to a great extent on how JC responds. No response might result in nothing, or it might result in an SFR and a notice of deficiency based on the 1099.

Or there might be a series of administrative summonses to get bank records and information from businesses that have sent him Forms 1099 in the past, followed by a notice of deficiency.

If JC responds with gibberish or attitude, it might go straight to criminal investigations.

I don't know if there's any way to predict the timing or process for these kinds of things.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

the village idiot wrote:...to prove Famspear wrong.....to prove Famspear wrong.....
Dream on, child.

Dream on.

8)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

But just so you remember if you're gonna try this tack
Someday you're gonna meet the judge in black
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

A lot of the tax-scofflaw gurus rely on these stories of success that involve non-returns or falsified returns/refunds made only recently (like within the last two years). The IRS usually lags behind with its prosecution by three or more years ... perhaps partly because the tax fraud business is too good, but also they give the scofflaw plenty of rope - lots of time to correct his 'error', and the opportunity to do the proper thing in the intervening two or three years - which, if he does the right thing, might support mitigating excuse but otherwise shows he's just plain crooked.