Sovereign seeks job promotion, files liens

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Sovereign seeks job promotion, files liens

Post by Lambkin »

Interesting approach to asking for a raise.
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/ne ... rrested-by
A former shipyard worker from Harvey was arrested Wednesday on federal charges of mail fraud and mailing threatening communications, after he allegedly responded to the slow progress of a promotion with a legal barrage of commercial liens and jargon-filled letters demanding tens of millions of dollars from company officials he felt had wronged him.
[Melvin Lewis II] is a self-proclaimed “sovereign citizen,” a person who believes the government has no legal jurisdiction over individuals, according to the FBI, which apprehended him.
Lambkin

Re: Sovereign seeks job promotion, files liens

Post by Lambkin »

2:14-mj-00036-DM
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, I guess she showed them.

I think this is a first, at least that I've heard of, for this particular version.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

A former shipyard worker...
I wonder if he has yet drawn a connection between his status as a former shipyard worker and his decision to stop showing up to work?
The FBI said Lewis is a convicted felon who has faced multiple charges including drug violations, burglary, trespassing, issuing worthless checks, second-degree murder, battery, aggravated flight from police, theft of goods and parole violations.
And yet he was still able to land a job. Just shows how much the Stupid was strong with this one that he could take an opportunity like this and waste it.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

More local coverage
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... charg.html
In the most egregious cases, Lewis placed liens ranging from $653,000 to $3 million on property owned by Westwego Police Sgt. Robert Huff Jr.; attorney Edward Dirk Wegmann, who represents Dynamic Services and Dynamic Industries; Dynamic chief financial officer Dirk Wild; Dynamic Industries supervisor Gaby Ponce Jr.; and Dynamic Services Human Resources Manager Axel Vasquez.

Lewis also charged Wegmann $512 million for numerous copyright violations. And he said Judge Stephen Grefer of the 24th Judicial District Court owed him $102 million for copyright infringement.

"The name that you just called is my trademark copyright and my private property. Upon use of it without my consent carries a hefty fee, in which you have just incurred. I will waive that fee if you do not use it again,'' the FBI affidavit quotes Lewis as telling Grefer.

Other victims were Westwego city attorney Joel Levy and Westwego Court Clerk Michelle Norris.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Sounds like this one has gone full bore, and boring, sovrun. Guess he really did want to go back to prison after all, and this should guarantee that for quite some time to come. I wonder if that state has a sovrun nuisance statute, certainly looks like they are going to need it to clean up the mess.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

Looks like it's gonna be a fun one.
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... n_the.html
The sovereign citizen movement is back in the local news for the first time since 2012, with the arrest of a Harvey man accused of scheming to defraud his former employer and several officials in Jefferson Parish of hundreds of millions of dollars. Melvin Lewis II, 51, is due in court for a detention hearing Monday at 2 p.m.

During his first court appearance Friday, the man in custody denied being Lewis, according to court records. U.S. Magistrate Judge Sally Sushan ordered the Marshals Service to obtain fingerprints and DNA.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

U.S. Magistrate Judge Sally Sushan ordered the Marshals Service to obtain fingerprints and DNA.
Bet Lewis is thinking that he has beaten the judge on that angle. After all, straw men don't have DNA and fingerprints.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by bmxninja357 »

A Gretna man who declared himself a "sovereign citizen" was sentenced to 20 years in prison followed by three years of supervised release, according to U.S. Attorney Kenneth Polite.
read it: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... sente.html

20 years free room and board and 3 years of government coddling. winning!

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
KickahaOta

Lewis, Melvin: Sovereign seeks job promotion, files liens

Post by KickahaOta »

Melvin Lewis appealed his sentence on the grounds that he lacked specific intent to defraud because "there was no evidence showing that he was aware that the theories underlying his letters demanding payment of money damages were mistaken or wrongful." The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals disagreed, and upheld his convictions on September 6, 2017.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I have no idea why but ca5 linked pdf files never open for me. I am in England which may be the problem, and I usually have no trouble with pdf files. I have tried to look at several links like this in the last week or two with no luck.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:I have no idea why but ca5 linked pdf files never open for me. I am in England which may be the problem, and I usually have no trouble with pdf files. I have tried to look at several links like this in the last week or two with no luck.
Works for me. May need to move the question to viewforum.php?f=20
Give operating system and browser details.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Siegfried Shrink wrote:I have no idea why but ca5 linked pdf files never open for me. I am in England which may be the problem, and I usually have no trouble with pdf files. I have tried to look at several links like this in the last week or two with no luck.
Works for me. May need to move the question to viewforum.php?f=20
Give operating system and browser details.

if you're an old geezer with a geriatric computer setup to match (like me) it could well be the browser. I still use Windows XP and my main browser is Internet Explorer which is essentially useless for most things including many pdf files. I open those in Firefox.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Siegfried Shrink

Im so old there is moss growing on parts of me but I keep the computer fairly up to date, 2 year old laptop, Win 10, Firefox.
I will try the links with Chrome.
I have a somewhat masochistic tendency to read complete court reports.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:Im so old there is moss growing on parts of me but I keep the computer fairly up to date, 2 year old laptop, Win 10, Firefox.
Then my Suzanne Holland court links are just the thing for you. No need to thank me.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
morrand

Post by morrand »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:Im so old there is moss growing on parts of me but I keep the computer fairly up to date, 2 year old laptop, Win 10, Firefox.
How about a 7th Circuit decision?

If you have a script blocker (like NoScript), be sure that uscourts.gov and pdf.js are allowed. It shouldn't make a difference, but it's about the only thing I can think of.
---
Morrand
Siegfried Shrink

Thanks. I managed to open that one with Chrome.
My Firefo ad blocker has no problems with the link but still Firefox will not do anything although I was able to open the basic site.
I will play with it a bit more.