I've Already Earned the Fee?

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

I've Already Earned the Fee?

Post by LPC »

I don't know how to classify this scam, but lately I've been getting emails that look like a Nigerian 419 scam, except that the message says I've already earned the fee so now it's just a matter of arranging payment.

So what is this? Nigerian, advance fee, lottery, or phishing?

Here's a sample:
Dear Friend,

I did not forgot your past effort by trying to help me, now I want to
tell you that i have suceeded in getting those funds transferred
under the cooperation of a new partner from south Korea and have
since
embarked on the establishment of the Eletronics company project.

Contact my account officer in Cotonou, Republic of Benin because I
have
left the whole instruction to him on your behalf and instruct him
where to send the $1.2m with out any further delay for your
compensation.

His name is pastor joseph nze
Email: pastorjoseph_nze@yahoo.fr

NB:NOTE :BELLOW IS THE REQUIRED INFORMATIONS YOU WILL SEND TO MY
SECRETARY :-

(1) YOUR FULL NAMES
(2) YOUR HOUSE ADDRESS
(3) YOUR DIRECT CELPHONE NUMBER.

Yours Faithfuly
Mr Bob John
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Monty Cantsin

Post by Monty Cantsin »

It's just another angle to the old 419, possibly to catch people who didn't fall for the other attempts.
Victims who reply will soon be hit by all sorts of transfer charges, etc. pp. just like with the more traditional 419 scams.
texino
Grand Debunker of Medical Quackery

Post by texino »

Howdy, In order to open this one up a bit, I answered from an email account I use for nonsense and said: "Dear xxx, If you would like to send me some money, please send it to this email address via PayPal. It is perfectly secure."

He, she or they quickly responded in the negative because, "certain bank charges" made it impossible to actually get the money in hand and it was "very important" that we speak by phone. I repeated my original message, and did not receive any further.

I agree that it is just a shortcut around the typical "My client who, with his entire bloodline, perished in (insert tragic event) has left the sum of $xxx sitting in the bank and we must have your help to steal it" 419 scam...)

Best to all,
Texino