Fake Yahoo! Mail lottery

A forum for posting "You have one the lottery" letters, and for asking whether the e-mail that your received is real (it isn't). Real lotteries do NOT advise winners by e-mail, and they do NOT require the payment of any fees up-front.
Green Lantern

Fake Yahoo! Mail lottery

Post by Green Lantern »

There many of these floating about and they're all fakes, of course:
ate: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 04:30:58 +0200 (CEST)

YAHOO! NEWS... Yahoo! Lottery Results. You won £800,000.00! Yahoo!
Mail congratulates you!

Yahoo! Mail announce you as one of the 10 lucky winners in the ongoing Yahoo! Lottery Draw held on the 28th of February, 2007.

All 10 winning email addresses were randomly selected from a batch of 50,000,000 international emails each from Canada , Australia , United States , Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part of our international promotions program which is conducted annually.Consequently, you have been approved for a total pay of 800,000.00 GBP (EIGHT HUNDRED
THOUSAND GREAT BRITISH POUNDS STERLING ).

This Lottery was promoted and sponsored by a conglomerate of some multinational companies as part of their social responsibility to the citizens in the communities where they have operational base.Further more your details(e-mail address) falls within our British Representative Office in the United Kingdom , as indicated in your play coupon and your
prize of 800,000.00 GBP will be released to you from this regional branch office in the UK.

Find below your identification numbers:

Batch Number......................Lwh 09445

Lotto Number......................Lwh 09446

Winning Number....................Lwh 09447

Our Yahoo!'s Agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate
the release of your funds as soon as you contact her. For security
reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till
your claims is processed and your prize remitted to you in whatever

manner you deem fit. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid
double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be
warned.

To file for claim, fill out the information required in the
verification form and establish contact via e-mail between the hours of 8.00am -
7.30pm on Monday through Saturday and contact our overseas claims unit
with the information below:

OVERSEAS CLAIMS UNIT

Yahoo! Lottery Fiduciary

Contact Person: Mr George Owen

claims_uk187@myway.com

VERIFICATION FORM

1.FULL NAMES:__________________________________

2.ADDRESS:_____________________________________

3.SEX:__________

4.AGE:__________

5.MARITAL STATUS:___________________

6.OCCUPATION:_______________________

7.E-MAIL ADDRESS:_____________________________

8.TELEPHONE NUMBER:__________________________

9.LOTTO NUMBER:____________________ B. BATCH NUMBER:______________

10.WINNING NUMBER:__________________

11.AMOUNT WON:______________________

12.BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF COMPANY/INDIVIDUAL____________

13. COUNTRY________________________________

CLAIMANT SIGNATORY DECLARATION

===========================================================

I,......................................HEREBY DECLARE THAT I HAVE
NEVER RECIEVED ANY FORM OF SETTLEMENT FROM THE Yahoo! LOTTERY NOR ANY
MEMBER OF MY FAMILY.

I, THEREFORE, DECLARE THAT THE Yahoo! LOTTERY ACTS ON MY BEHALF IN THE
PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF MY PRIZE AS INSTRUCTED BY ME.

===========================================================

Goodluck from me and members of staff of the Yahoo!LOTTERY.

Yours faithfully,

Dr. Carl Moore.

Online coordinator for Yahoo! LOTTERY

Sweepstakes International Program.

Yahoo! Lottery Results

Yahoo! Lottery is a free service that does not require you to be a
Yahoo! registered user.
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

So, without giving them any bank account information, like the Nigerians ask for, other than getting general personal information from you, what's their next step?

Contact you and ask for some sort of "administration fee" to process the award?
Green Lantern

Post by Green Lantern »

tommygun wrote:So, without giving them any bank account information, like the Nigerians ask for, other than getting general personal information from you, what's their next step?

Contact you and ask for some sort of "administration fee" to process the award?
I believe they actually send you a bad check out of which you must pay an admin fee or some such thing (perhaps even an amount to start a "tax-free" account somewhere). By the time their check is denied you've already been burned and your bank comes after you for the bad checks you've written against the "winnings."

There may be other ways of fleecing the "winners"---I've never actually claimed my "winnings." :roll:
Elmware
Blessed Ancient of the Sixth Qu Dynasty

Post by Elmware »

They don't call it advanced fee fraud for nothing.
Monty Cantsin

Post by Monty Cantsin »

tommygun wrote:Contact you and ask for some sort of "administration fee" to process the award?
Yup, that's essentially it. It's a processing fee first, then a transfer fee, then a tax exemption certificate fee, then a anti-terrorist money laundering fee and so it goes on and on until the victim stops cooperating or runs out of money :(
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

MessengerYahoo! Lottery Results You won £800.000! Yahoo! Mail congratulates you

Yahoo! Mail announce you as one of the 10 lucky winners in the ongoing Yahoo Lottery Draw held on the 13th March, 2007.

All 10 winning email addresses were randomly selected from a batch of 50,000,000 international emails each from Canada , Australia , United States , Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part of our international promotions program which is conducted annually,consequently, you have been approved for a total pay out of 800,000.00 GBP (EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND GREAT BRITISH POUNDS STERLING ).

This Lottery was promoted and sponsored by a conglomerate of some

multinational companies as part of their social responsibility to the citizens in the communities where they have operational base.

Further more your details(e-mail address) falls within our British representative office in United Kingdom , as indicated in your play coupon and your prize of 800,000.00 GBP will be released to you from this regional branch office in UK.

HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE

These are your identification numbers.......................

Batch number.....................Lwh 09445

Lotto number.......................Lwh09446

Winning number...................Lwh09447

Yahoo!\'s Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:

FIDUCIARY AGENT Email: fiduciarryoffice1@yahoo.co.uk

You are to send the completed verification form below to the our Agent in the United Kingdom whose email address is given above so that you will be advised on what to do to get your prize money. Congratulations once more!!

1. FULL NAME

2. COUNTRY OF ORIGIN

3. PRESENT ADDRESS.

4. DATE OF BIRTH

5. OCCUPATION

6. TELEPHONE NUMBER

6. FAX NUMBER (IF ANY)

7. MARITAL STATUS

8. WINNING NUMBER, BATCH NUMBER AND LOTTO NUMBER.

For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information

confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your

prize released to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid

double claiming and unwarranted taking advantage of this programme by non-selected winner or unofficial personnel.

Yours Sincerely,

Dr WILLIAM GERRI (PHD)

LOTTO CO-ORDINATOR.

The Yahoo.com staff

Yahoo.com http://www.yahoo.com

The Yahoo.com staff

Yahoo.com http://www.yahoo.com

Yahoo! Lottery Results

Yahoo! Lottery is a free service that does not require you to register or be a Yahoo! registered user before winning.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
stuart888

Post by stuart888 »

What is surprising, most people that get burned don't report it. If you have been defrauded please still go to the police. It is a sad fact that they are in a better position to act once a fraud has occurred than they are if you have simply received an email. You may be embarrassed but you owe it to others to hand over all the information you can. You will be helping to prevent others from making the same mistake.

Best Regards, Stuart
Nevina

YAHOO LOTTERY

Post by Nevina »

YAHOO LOTTERY- Headquarters:
Customer Service

Dear Nevina ,

Having verified your claims and have your file processed, I must congratulate you again to have emerged as one of our winners in this year’s lucky dip sweepstakes, based on the fact that your email address was randomly selected along with 10 others from over 50,000,000 websites on the Internet.

A certificate of prize claims and other vital documents will be sent along side your winnings cheque. The documents are:-

1. WINNING CERTIFICATE FROM THE YAHOO LOTTERY ORGANIZATION.
2.WINNERS CHEQUE FOR THE VALUE OF $600,000.00
3.CLEAR SOURCE OF FUNDS CERTIFICATES(C.S.F.C.)
4.CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN OF FUNDS(C.O.F.)

Send the following to the company for proof and verification:-

1)Batch number.....................Lwh 09445
2)Lotto number.......................Lwh09446
3)Winning number...................Lwh09447
Serial number......Lwh0094478
4. YOUR FULL NAME..................................:
5. YOUR TELEPHONE/FAX NUMBER:................

SKYWAY COURIER COMPANY has been contracted to deliver your winning package to your location. Contact the courier company with the contact information below for further instructions on how to send the consignment to your location.

SKYWAY COURIER COMPANY
CONTACT PERSON: MR,ABRAHAM WASHINGTON
: skyway_eliteexpresscouriers@yahoo.com

Tel: +234-702-818-8704

I have no idea what it will cost you to get your package to your address but do have it in mind that you will be required to settle the courier charges that the sending of your winnings cheque will incur, this is because the total amount has been insured to the real value and as such cannot be deducted from. This is in accordance with section 13(1)(n) of the national gambling act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3rd July 1996 by the constitutional assembly. This is to protect winners’ rights and to avoid misappropriation of funds.

It is also imperative that you add your IDENTIFICATION NUMBER: [SWC/OWN/9876] in the subject line of any correspondence you have with the courier company to ensure that your identification number tallies with what they have in their records as appropriate.

I will require a concise update on proceedings/correspondence with the firm as soon as you are in contact with them. If you need any assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to let me know how I may assist. I do hope you will consider me for a little bonus after you have received your winnings.

Get back to me immediately you get in touch with the courier services.

Regards,
WILLIAM OWEN (FIDUCIARY AGENT).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
La tua mail nel 2010? Creane una che ti segua per la vita con la Nuova Yahoo! Mail
finvik

Re: Fake Yahoo! Mail lottery

Post by finvik »

i receive such mails almost daily on my yahoo account (i have a premium account). i have devised a new way to tackle this i have created a folder for this and where i have pasted an "on vacation message" the message says
"sorry i am out for two days...but i am interested in the offer, kindly transfer $1000 to my paypal account (U$%^&*&@yahoo.com) as soon as the security amount is transferred all the details will be sent to you"
and believe me i dont receive any reply. i really enjoy this.
Vik
tumescentliposuction

Post by tumescentliposuction »

Hello...
I don't understand why such email only received by yahoo only. I have one Google account also in which i don't receive such emails...
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

tumescentliposuction wrote:Hello...
I don't understand why such email only received by yahoo only. I have one Google account also in which i don't receive such emails...
Maybe Google filters them out?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
dawsonamelia5

Post by dawsonamelia5 »

This is always an issue when you have a yahoo account. Not only this but also, I am receiving an email notifying that somebody will send me bulk amount of money because someone is dying and that person don't have any relatives to own his properties.... Too interesting story but somebody been fooled by this scam. She sold everything just to get the promised amount.. Too stupid to believe to this kind of scam. :(
Last edited by webhick on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam link
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

I have a yahoo account and never get anything like this, I think the above poster is a spammer.
tonymatell

Post by tonymatell »

I have received this kind of email and I just ignored it.
Last edited by wserra on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove commercial link. No commercials, please.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I receive this today (March 16th), so it appears that Microsoft is also being used as a disguise:
(You might notice that the purported source Email address is not owned by Microsoft, neither is another one purporting to be in London. This appeared in my email in the plainest possible typefact, you'd think Microsoft could conjure something much more visually stimulating. They did not use my name and seemed to require me to provide my name and address even though it is claimed that my email address was already selected. Etc. You may wonder why Microsoft and AOL are collaborating on such a publicity stunt, or why Microsoft's PRO write such bad grammar as the first sentence -- although I am appreciative that he explained to us that the Anniversary lotteries do come yearly.)

= = = = = = = =
(No Subject)‏
Sent: Tue 3/16/10 9:12 AM
To: (Unknown)

From The Desk of
Mr. Vincent Chandler
Public Relations Officer
Microsoft Corporation

Dear Beneficiary,

It is our pleasure to inform you on our successfully organized Sweepstakes which was organized this year 2010 anniversary and we rolled out over US$ 525,989,087 for the yearly Anniversary Draws, which participants for the draws were randomly selected and drawn from a wide range of web hosts which we enjoy their patronage.

The selection was made through a computer draw system attaching personalized email addresses to ticket numbers . Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies & in effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remain the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test and your email address as indicated was drawn and attached to reference and ticket numbers 234-807-395-8109 with serial numbers AOL/MICROSOFT/1276-010 and drew the lucky numbers 07-26-33-09-07-22 (88) which subsequently won you £ 900,000 ( Nine Hundred Thousand British Pounds) as one of the jackpot winner in this draw. This draw was conductedin Liverpool, UK on the 15th of March, 2010.

Please be informed by this winning notification to file your claims immediately. You are advised to make contact to your referred agent who shall by duty guide you through the process to facilitate the release of your winning prize. To file for this claims, Please Contact your referred agent with your verification information as required on the form below, beginning the claims of your winnings funds as conducted by the lotterycompany.

Note: You have Two (2) weeks from the date of this publication to claim your prize or you may forfeit your winnings. Thank you for being part of our commemorative New year Anniversary Draws.

Find below your referred agent contact information and the verificationform:

Address: 26 High Street Starbeck Harrogate North Yorkshire, England HG27HY
Referred Agent : Mr. Paul Chadwick
Tel: +44-702 409 4558
Email: deskof_paulchadwick05{AT}london.com

Name: ..................................
Country of Origin.......................
Place of Residence......................
Occupation..............................
Sex/Age.................................
Telephone/Fax...........................
Winning Email ID........................

NOTE: DUE TO THE PRESENT ECONOMIC SITUATION IN THE WORLD AND FRAUDSTERS AS WELL, YOUR WINNING FUNDS WILL BE MADE READY TO YOUR HOME ACCOUNT BY THE ASSIGNED TRANSFERRING BANK WHICH HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE AUTHORITY BY MICROSOFT AOL LOTTERY TO EFFECT TRANSFER TO WINNERS HOME BANK ACCOUNT UNDER 48 HOURS.

Mr. Vincent Chandler
Public Relations Officer
© 2010 Microsoft Corporation

Lottery Board Director:
™ It takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the information in this email is accurate. However, the company gives no warranty, whether express or implied, regarding the content of this email, nor do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message.
Any decision made by an individual based on information in this email is the responsibility of that individual alone. You have to note that the only person that have the right to represent you in your claim is your appointed Agent only.

Copyright © 1998-2010 The MICROSOFT™ Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Guideline
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Another one for S&G.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/microsoft-aol.asp

Snopes actually did an article on this a few years ago and the funny part was, like this one it was labeled Microsoft Aol, the two companies having nothing to do with each other besides collaborating on some software, this one actually lists Intel as being able to track your email sends and track the specific email where you send it to. Email tracking is possible, was one of the the things to start with Cisco if I remember correctly and I worked for a company who created a software suite that would allow you to track your emails and see if they were opened, attachments viewed, deleted, etc etc. But Intel is a hardware company and not a software company. So Intel wouldnt be the ones doing it, so not only did they have Microsoft and AOL merged, which their not, they had Intel doing things its incapable of doing.

Gullibility and stupidity meet one last time for a dance in the rain, but you too can get a check from Microsoft for $24,800.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
lyfbond

Re:

Post by lyfbond »

stuart888 wrote:What is surprising, most people that get burned don't report it. If you have been defrauded please still go to the police.
Best Regards, Stuart
Exactly, not all victims reported the incident to authorities that's why these frauds never stop. :thinking: