DOREAN UDATE

Discussion of various forms of Advance Fee Fraud, including application fees for loans that never materialize, self-liquidating loan scams, as well as mortgage elimination scams and related debt elimination scams [Nigerian-type scams should go in the Nigerian 4-1-9 forum]
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Trial is set for Oct. 15, '07. According to the minues of the pre-trial conference, the duo will appear -- at their specific request -- in prison issue uniforms.

This is supposed to help? How?

The betting window is open:

1. Guilty plea-- 1 in 5

2. Mistrial declared because of defendants' antics: 1 in 3

3. Guilty on all counts-- even money

4. Guilty on all counts and at punishment phase jury returns a dealth penalty -- mere wishful thinking but the odds are 9 of 10.
"My Health is Better in November."
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Prof wrote:4. Guilty on all counts and at punishment phase jury returns a dealth penalty -- mere wishful thinking but the odds are 9 of 10.
Can they request crucifixion as well?
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Prof wrote:The betting window is open:

1. Guilty plea-- 1 in 5
I think that's about right. However brave they are pretrial, guys like this can easily fold when they see a jury.
2. Mistrial declared because of defendants' antics: 1 in 3
Too high. Alsup has years of experience with these wackos, and they'll be ready. 1 in 20.
3. Guilty on all counts-- even money
I think about right. Would be higher, but there may be a couple of acquittals on individual counts to appease dissenters.

Anybody in northern CA? Just to see Flea on the stand would be worth the price of admission - at least if the defense team (such as it is) had anyone who could cross-examine effectively.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

wserra wrote:Anybody in northern CA? Just to see Flea on the stand would be worth the price of admission - at least if the defense team (such as it is) had anyone who could cross-examine effectively.
I think I'd actually take the time to go if there was any certainty to the schedule. I doubt there will be dedicated news media coverage. The dim duo are whacky enough a stringer or free-lance writer from the area might spend the time and fight their way into downtown SF for the festivities.

We can be sure we'll see nut-jobs like Byron Gashler all over the Internet blathering about how unfair and illegal it all is.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

There's a chance I may be there for the first few days of the trial. Kind of depends on what happens in NH in the next day or two.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

What happened in the next day or two is that the Browns were successfully arrested, so I'm going to San Francisco. Any of you going to the Dim Duo's trial?
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

It was nice of Ed and Elaine to have resolved themselves so tidily. They were getting boring anyway, no originality at all.

I would suspect the dim duo will start out by attempting to provide a fair amount of comic opera. I am hoping that the judge will keep a lid on them, and I see no indication that he is inclined to do otherwise, else that trial is going to drag on forever.

I truly would like to be there to see just how far they push things before they collapse of their own hubris when they finally realize that it isn’t going to fly, actually when Kurt collapses, the other one is just a follower and will go where he is lead.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Demo:

Updates as the trial progresses, please, please. Also, I'm interested in FLEA -- as a witness. There was an odd reference in one of Kurt's "gospel" parodies to a FLEA divorce. Can you confirm.

Thanx and a hat tip.
"My Health is Better in November."
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Updates will indeed be forthcoming. I'm hoping the judge is really really lenient...
Demo.