Thomas Carlin - Irish Freeman Cop

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Thomas Carlin - Irish Freeman Cop

Post by Burnaby49 »

Actually make that "jailed for contempt" Irish Freeman cop.

What was done to him was criminal. He was only pursuing his duties as a member of the Northern Irish constabulary to the best of his abilities by arresting a wrongdoer. The judge who had decided against him in a foreclosure matter.

http://www.courtsni.gov.uk/en-GB/Judici ... b%2016.htm

Of course the corrupt judiciary banded together to crush him for doing what was plainly his obligation as a peace officer;
On 12 January, the respondent attempted to arrest Lord Justice Gillen for misconduct in public office. The Lord Chief Justice said there was no evidence that an offence had been committed by the judge, nor any reasonable grounds for suspicion about the commission of an offence. He said the respondent had no lawful power of arrest and his purported use of the powers of a Constable was an abuse.
So much for British justice when a man can't even arrest a judge for not allowing him to dismiss a legal action against him.

He went down with all flags flying!
Two days later he was back (before a different judge) to discuss possible contempt charges for this behavior. This time in uniform, Constable Carlin declined to apologize for his conduct, saying that he could not do so because “I believe for me to apologize to the court would be abandoning my defense.” This “defense” appears to be some version of the typical sovereign-citizen argument that the court does not have jurisdiction over him or her for various stupid reasons, e.g., the flag is decorated in a certain way, the court misspelled his or her name, Ohio never actually became a U.S. state, or whatever. And it is typical sovereign-citizen logic to think that an apology might itself have some legal effect in terms of court jurisdiction. It can sometimes help persuade a judge that you should not be punished, so in that sense it kind of does. But no apology was forthcoming.

Of course, Carlin didn’t think he had done anything to apologize for. “I acted in my capacity as a police officer,” he insisted. “I believed a crime had been committed [that was] outrageous in nature”—that is, ruling against him—and was simply trying to do his duty when court staff obstructed him. This did not persuade the judge, needless to say. Carlin was convicted of contempt in February.
http://loweringthebar.net/2016/03/defen ... -well.html

But it's not over yet! He's appealing to the Supreme Court;

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-35634757
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AndyPandy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Thomas Carlin - Irish Freeman Cop

Post by AndyPandy »

I'm presuming he's suspended and will now lose his job, unbelievable how these people always manage to make things 100% worse for themselves ! :shrug:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Any bets on just how much worse he will make it for himself? The freeman usual is to go for at least 200% of worst before they are done. Isn't there some intermediate court he can make a fool of himself in before he gets to the Supreme Court?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Bones

Post by Bones »

It is a shame really :sarcasmon:

As Carlin was at one time being heavily promoted by the Sov Cit crowd, due to an earlier judgement which they felt meant he had won !1!!!!! and beaten those nasty banksters
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

Bones wrote:It is a shame really :sarcasmon:

As Carlin was at one time being heavily promoted by the Sov Cit crowd, due to an earlier judgement which they felt meant he had won !1!!!!! and beaten those nasty banksters
It's obvious then isn't it? TPTB are taking him down in a cowardly fashion as they're afraid his truths will get out.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Has anyone watched this, apparently, not only lost his home but his job as well, another stunning success !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vd2PYv_glNk
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Imagine that, a cop who tries to arrest a judge and he gets fired, what is the world coming to?? :sarcasmon:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Full judgement - http://preview.tinyurl.com/gt3rxss

[25] We have already referred to aspects of self-importance and attention seeking in his perception of the litigation before Gillen LJ. That was also apparent from this presentation in court. He addressed his remarks both to the court and to the public audience. As previously indicated at one stage he called upon those in the audience who considered that he was not getting a fair trial to stand up. His supporters did so. Conduct of that sort reinforces the view that it was his intention to abuse the subject proceedings with a view to gaining publicity. How he believed that would assist him it is difficult to know but it is clear that throughout this process he has revelled in being in the spotlight. It also appears that he has been encouraged by others who have stayed in the background but used his foolish vanity for their own ends.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

[18] At that point the respondent asserted that he was not getting a fair trial. He then turned to the body of the court and said "If anyone believes I'm not getting a fair trial please stand up". At that point approximately 7 people including those who had been providing notes to the respondent stood up and were then removed from the court.
:haha:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

mufc1959 wrote:
[18] At that point the respondent asserted that he was not getting a fair trial. He then turned to the body of the court and said "If anyone believes I'm not getting a fair trial please stand up". At that point approximately 7 people including those who had been providing notes to the respondent stood up and were then removed from the court.
:haha:
Here one of the guinea-pigs cheered, and was immediately suppressed by the officers of the court. (As that is rather a hard word, I will just explain to you how it was done. They had a large canvas bag, which tied up at the mouth with strings: into this they slipped the guinea-pig, head first, and then sat upon it.)

`I'm glad I've seen that done,' thought Alice. `I've so often read in the newspapers, at the end of trials, "There was some attempts at applause, which was immediately suppressed by the officers of the court," and I never understood what it meant till now.'
"Alice in Wonderland" - Lewis Carroll
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Albert Haddock
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Albert Haddock »

morrand

Post by morrand »

One novel aspect of the case:
Simpson J wrote:[34] [Mr Carlin's] final submissions before me also refer to answers provided to a series of questions put by him to ChatGPT, criticising counsel, solicitors, and judges, and he prays in aid these answers in support of his case since they have been provided by artificial intelligence which “does not have personal opinions, beliefs or feelings.” Sadly, ChatGPT seemed unable to recognise or correct the misuse by Mr Carlin in one of his questions of the phrase “cast dispersions” rather than “cast aspersions.”
Lord help us when the freemen are letting ChatGPT do all the heavy lifting for them.
---
Morrand
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

morrand wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:29 pm One novel aspect of the case:
Simpson J wrote:[34] [Mr Carlin's] final submissions before me also refer to answers provided to a series of questions put by him to ChatGPT, criticising counsel, solicitors, and judges, and he prays in aid these answers in support of his case since they have been provided by artificial intelligence which “does not have personal opinions, beliefs or feelings.” Sadly, ChatGPT seemed unable to recognise or correct the misuse by Mr Carlin in one of his questions of the phrase “cast dispersions” rather than “cast aspersions.”
That's what happens when a 1-Euro Cent brain tries to use a 10-Euro word.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Albert Haddock wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:40 pm A recent judgment:

https://www.bailii.org/nie/cases/NIHC/Ch/2023/5.html
[105] Standing back and looking at these applications in the round, including the issue of the Writ proceedings, I am satisfied that they are just another attempt by the defendants, particularly Mr Carlin, to postpone the day of reckoning. As I recorded above, no moneys have been paid on foot of the mortgage since 2013, now almost 10 years ago. The plaintiff is entitled to realise its security.

I'm astonished he's managed to drag this out for 10yrs. All the equity in the mortgaged property must be gone now - the unpaid loan plus the compounded interest, and Santander must've spent over £100k on lawyers which they'll never recover. I wonder if Carlin thinks they might give up if he can keep draining their coffers like this.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.