Another potential eviction - Juliette

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

letissier14
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Another potential eviction - Juliette

Post by letissier14 »

Another potential eviction.

If what she says is true, it is awful ......... but it doesn't quite add up!

https://youtu.be/xyud3RW5UWo
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
NYGman

Re: Another potential eviction - Juliette

Post by NYGman »

letissier14 wrote:Another potential eviction.

If what she says is true, it is awful ......... but it doesn't quite add up!

https://youtu.be/xyud3RW5UWo
Math isn't their strong suit. I will say I am getting a bit fed up of these Youtube videos, Can't people type out their gripes anymore. I do not have the time, nor the inclination to set through these babbling Youtube videos, I can read a hell of a lot faster than these people typically humm and Haaa through 20+ minutes on irrelevance. These new Freeman are getting lazy!
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
guilty

Post by guilty »

All very complicated, and as usual there is not enough information to determine what is really going on.

She says her partner took out a 'fraudulent' mortgage, presumably re-mortgaging the property. Difficult to do, I would have thought, if she was the registered owner of the house. People can't just walk into a bank and re-mortgage a property they don't own. She admits she knew what was happening and had been offered cash.

However, the mortgage seems to exist. She registered an interest (RX1) with the Land Registry approved by the Family Court - which was probably a right of occupation only.

That right of occupation actually, and lawfully, ceased when her partner died. The RX1 is no longer valid.

There's mention of a 'fraudulent' will and, of course, forms not being stamped properly. Also something about the ex-partner's sisters and a caveat on probate.

So, did the ex-partner will the property to his sisters? In which case the sisters want her out so that they can sell the property. She says payments to the mortgage have been refused. Because she is not the registered owner of the property, or the holder of the mortgage, perhaps?

The financial advisor was a car-dealer, the legal advisor was a fraud, everyone involved has been abusive.

It's spaghetti soup.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Pox

Post by Pox »

guilty wrote:
The financial advisor was a car-dealer, the legal advisor was a fraud, everyone involved has been abusive.

It's spaghetti soup.
No mention of wet signatures from what I could gather, but no doubt there will be at some point.

Also, she has 5 children and chronic Chrohn's Disease.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Pox wrote:She has ... chronic Chrohn's [SIC] Disease.
Not an excuse, As someone with Crohn's disease, it irks me to no end when people want to blame anything bad that happens to them on it. This is not a valid excuse. I studied for and took the NYS Bar exam while suffering an extremely bad flare up, so bad was it, that less than 1 month later, I ended up in Hospital having major surgery. I was sick, in great pain, had bad stomach cramps, couldn't eat much, and had a temperature, for about 3 weeks before the exam, and while sitting for it. I also passed first time I took it, despite all of that.

Sure, I could have played the "I'm Sick" card with my life, and not done anything. I have relatives who do this, and it discuss me. My condition is worse than theirs, but they choose to sit home and collect disability, rather than manage the symptoms, and go out and make something of their lives.

I am not trying to underplay the seriousness of Crohn's, it is evil incarnate, but it is manageable, and it really should not stop you doing anything. Yes, you may have a bad day or too, even when managed, and it can still come back necessitating surgery, but Crohn's is never to blame for your failure or miserable life. That is usually all your making.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Pox

Post by Pox »

NYGman wrote:
Pox wrote:She has ... chronic Chrohn's [SIC] Disease.
Not an excuse, As someone with Crohn's disease, it irks me to no end when people want to blame anything bad that happens to them on it. This is not a valid excuse. I studied for and took the NYS Bar exam while suffering an extremely bad flare up, so bad was it, that less than 1 month later, I ended up in Hospital having major surgery. I was sick, in great pain, had bad stomach cramps, couldn't eat much, and had a temperature, for about 3 weeks before the exam, and while sitting for it. I also passed first time I took it, despite all of that.

Sure, I could have played the "I'm Sick" card with my life, and not done anything. I have relatives who do this, and it discuss me. My condition is worse than theirs, but they choose to sit home and collect disability, rather than manage the symptoms, and go out and make something of their lives.

I am not trying to underplay the seriousness of Crohn's, it is evil incarnate, but it is manageable, and it really should not stop you doing anything. Yes, you may have a bad day or too, even when managed, and it can still come back necessitating surgery, but Crohn's is never to blame for your failure or miserable life. That is usually all your making.
Sorry about the spelling!
I made the comment about Juliette and her illness, not to garner sympathy for her - to be honest, I share your views.
IMO, and I am prepared for a lot of criticism on this, there are some (and maybe more than 'some') who wave the 'disability card' as an excuse, to the detriment of those with any kind of disability who are REALLY struggling and REALLY need our help which I would gladly give (and have done).

P.S. What are the NYS bar exams? I get the bar exams bit, but not the NYS bit.
And, that's off to you for achieving what you have done, despite the adversities.
#six

Post by #six »

I watched this vid earlier. Is does seem a very complex story so it's difficult to get to the bottom of what has been going on. However, it maybe that I'm getting cynical about all of these stories, but juliette comes across as a Walter Mitty character. The story seems embellished in order to make it more interesting. For example, posing as a foreigner or deaf person. Why on earth would that help gain a fraudulent mortgage. It seems to me that she was fully aware and supportive of the mortgage being taken out and it's only now she has decided it was fraudulent. No doubt been egged on by some FOMTL losers.

Of course, I may well be wrong. But until the story makes sense I have to assume it is nonsense.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Pox wrote:P.S. What are the NYS bar exams? I get the bar exams bit, but not the NYS bit.
And, that's off to you for achieving what you have done, despite the adversities.
New York State Bar Exam. Sorry, each state has their own exam, some are harder than others, but for Example, JFK jr. Failed it twice.

Pox

Post by Pox »

NYGman wrote:
Pox wrote:P.S. What are the NYS bar exams? I get the bar exams bit, but not the NYS bit.
New York State Bar Exam. Sorry, each state has their own exam, some are harder than others, but for Example, JFK jr. Failed it twice.
Off topic I know, but does this mean that you can only work in NYS?
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Juliette seems to be saying she and her partner took out a mortgage knowing it was fraudulent. Fraudulent mortgages don't need to be paid back, obviously, innit?

But the lender, I guess, isn't being repaid. They want the money back. As it isn't being repaid, the house is being possessed.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

littleFred wrote:Juliette seems to be saying she and her partner took out a mortgage knowing it was fraudulent. Fraudulent mortgages don't need to be paid back, obviously, innit?

But the lender, I guess, isn't being repaid. They want the money back. As it isn't being repaid, the house is being possessed.

Aren't ALL mortgages fraudulent, in the minds of the FMOTL? After all, we all know that the banks don't really lend money. So, why should we have to pay them back? Plus, I get to keep the house, in the bargain. :sarcasmon:
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

Yes, indeed, that's the usual FOTL view. But Juliette and her ex (now deceased) partner have apparently taken this a stage further. They (or, at least, he) lied on the mortgage application. She went along with this, tempted by a £35,000 carrot. This mortgage was for a house already owned so it would be a pile of cash from the lender. Where is that cash now? Did the ex (now deceased) stash it somewhere? Maybe it's in his bank account, so there is a fight over the estate. The lender doesn't want to wait for probate before getting their money back.

(I have personal experience of a chap dying young, with a mortgage. There was never any suggestion of fraud, or that the bank would be paid back after probate, but the bank was obnoxiously impatient, including sending a debt collector round to interview the deceased even though they had a copy of the death certificate.)
Pox

Post by Pox »

littleFred wrote:
(I have personal experience of a chap dying young, with a mortgage. There was never any suggestion of fraud, or that the bank would be paid back after probate, but the bank was obnoxiously impatient, including sending a debt collector round to interview the deceased even though they had a copy of the death certificate.)
Who did the debt collector intend to speak to? His ghost?
Looks like a situation that I would describe as 'the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing' - often happens IMO.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

littleFred wrote:, but the bank was obnoxiously impatient, including sending a debt collector round to interview the deceased even though they had a copy of the death certificate.)
Did they send a Clairvoyant?? Dammit Pox you beat me to it !!
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Hasn't this case been discussed on here before or have I read about it elsewhere?
Isn't this the one where the house was actually owned by the sisters and the deceased, although the sisters didn't live in it. It was inherited. The deceased lived in it with his partner and he mortgaged the property without his sisters' knowledge and now that he has died the bank is pursuing the sisters for the money so they have got to sell it? I seem to recall the deceased forged his sisters' signatures or something like that.
I'm sure I have read about this somewhere. I thought it was on here. Or have I imagined it?
Last edited by rumpelstilzchen on Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

AndyPandy wrote:Did they send a Clairvoyant??
The agent claimed the bank hadn't told him about the death. Over the following months the bank should have liaised with the solicitors who were handling the estate, insurance, probate and so on. Instead, they hounded the family of the deceased, threatening legal action if they didn't pay up. The family couldn't pay off the mortgage until probate came through.

The bank seemed to have no idea how to handle the death of a mortgagor, and basically treated it as someone who wasn't paying his mortgage. Totally incompetent and insensitive. I won't name the bank. It wasn't one of the majors, but their lawyers are still bigger than mine.

Anyhow, Juliette may have been caught in such a situation. But hers is far more complicated with allegations of a forged will, her apparent admission of borrowing money by deception, and so on.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Off topic I know, but does this mean that you can only work in NYS?
In the United States, attorney licensing is at the state level, so if you are licensed in one state, you do not have the right to practice law elsewhere. (Many, but not all, states will allow you to practice without taking their bar exam if you have been licensed in another state for some period of time [typically, five years], but you still have to apply for admission.)
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

littleFred wrote:but the bank was obnoxiously impatient, including sending a debt collector round to interview the deceased even though they had a copy of the death certificate.)
Oh up, when that happened to us, I told the dca to sit down then went and got the urn, plopped it on the coffee table in front of him and said 'ask away, not sure you're going to get an answer though', it was one of those moment where I wished I'd had a camera to record the way this nasty, big balding debt collector shrivveled up like a prawn out of embarrassment before making a hasty retreat.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Hasn't this case been discussed on here before or have I read about it elsewhere?
Isn't this the one where the house was actually owned by the sisters and the deceased, although the sisters didn't live in it. It was inherited. The deceased lived in it with his partner and he mortgaged the property without his sisters' knowledge and now that he has died the bank is pursuing the sisters for the money so they have got to sell it? I seem to recall the deceased forged his sisters' signatures or something like that.
I'm sure I have read about this somewhere. I thought it was on here. Or have I imagined it?
that reads like a story about The Steaming Pile of BM©
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Some very vague references here. Juliette tells her story incoherently, and probably with some elements concealed, and the blog writer (a conspiracy nutter) embroiders further. As far as I can decipher, it's the same case mentioned by rumpelstilzchen:

http://shadowsussexpolicecrimecommissio ... story.html
http://shadowsussexpolicecrimecommissio ... story.html
http://shadowsussexpolicecrimecommissio ... p-now.html
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.