Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Post by NYGman »

I don't view a trip to sing for armed anti government crazies an appropriate school trip under any circumstances be it pulled out of school at taken cross country to do so. There can't be a lot of good learning going on an a trip that like. I also should add I never intended to talk badly about home schooling, if done right, with the right child and right teacher it can succeed, however I don't believe for myself, my family, my children it is appropriate. I like the idea of structured days, learning social skills interacting with other kids, and having professionals teachers who provide unbiased feedback. I will also add, the wife and I had these discussions and decided sending the to a school was better for everyone. I do have a friend who is doing homeschooling next year though, and there is nothing wrong with that, it may work well for them.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

I suppose I may have over-reacted. :?
Anyways, in Alberta, there are a number of approved home schooling curricala, and it doesn't carry the same connatations as it does elsewhere. You are assigned an accredited teacher as a tutor, there are regular tests and exams supervised by a third party, usually the local librarian. I'm not up to date but it used to be there were three allowed variations of study - general, Christian (protestant) and Christian (roman catholic). That being said, no matter which you took, you still had to meet the provincial guidelines for your age. Around here there are enough who do it that there is a local support group that organizes field trips and weekly trips to the local library, etc. to ensure appropriate socialization. I think it's time to let the matter rest and I suppose I may have over-reacted. I admit that I have a lot of respect for those parents who are interested enough in their child's education to take an active part in it themselves and btw, my wife was the local librarian.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Eric, I think we're talking apples and Orangutans here. What you are familiar with is the real deal, particularly where you are, what some of these clowns are pushing as home schooling is basically institutionalized ignorance. What you are/were talking about is true learning.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And with that, let's please move this back to the thread topic at hand rather than the evil or good of homeschooling.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Since someone else shares my annoyance with the sidetracking; a simple warning:

The next home schooling post will result in ALL of the related off-topic posts being moved to another thread. If I'm in a good mood at that time, I'll tell everyone where they went.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I think taking children to see (not participate in) a Sovrun demonstration could be an excellent educational use of the children's time. (See, I didn't say "home schooling"....)
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Arthur Rubin wrote:I think taking children to see (not participate in) a Sovrun demonstration could be an excellent educational use of the children's time. (See, I didn't say "home schooling"....)
Borderline. Marginally acceptable, but don' push it.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
mpo
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by mpo »

It has been a while since there has been an update of what is happening with the various Bundies.

Cliven's lawyer reached out to State Rep. Ken Ivory of Utah to help pay for legal bills. Rep. Ivory has expressed interest in having federal lands being turned over to the states. Cliven's lawyer assumed that Rep. Ivory would be sympathetic to the Bundy cause and donate money. Except, that's not what Joel Hansen emailed to the state rep. No, Hansen asked Ivory if he could get the Koch brothers to help pay for legal fees. https://twitter.com/ryanjhaas/status/734192070953340929

State Rep Ivory did not respond to Hansen's email, and declined to fund the defense. He also said that he has not received money from the Koch brothers. http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060037860

In other news, Ammon and Ryan are not enjoying their time being incarcerated. In a joint status report regarding jail condition, the brothers complain about being in jail: their rights are being infringed upon because they are separated, their time in the law library is limited, their religious freedoms are being infringed. The jail has made some accommodations.

One general request from Ryan raises an eyebrow, "My Second Amendment rights are being violated." Unfortunately, Ryan doesn't specifically ask for a firearm. http://res.cloudinary.com/bdy4ger4/imag ... mysimx.pdf
notorial dissent

Cliven's attorney(s) still haven't managed to get him sprung, they, well Klayman, may have managed to really PO the presiding judge with a recusal motion that is outright offensive and over the top. On the comedy front, Ammo has managed to lose his brilliant legal team :sarcasmon: and substitute it with a new lawyer(s) not admitted to practice in the OR Fed Circuit. Clever move that. Ammo's problem with the original team is that the grift had dried up and the new one's not smart enough to have figured it out yet. New lawyer has no experience in Federal practice and even less with what his client has been charged with. More comedy down the road, and probably an eventual withdrawal.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

Looks like Cliven is preparing to throw the rest of the clowns under the bus, according to this article.

Article includes motion to sever.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Minute order from a couple of weeks ago:
The Court is in receipt of various documents from an entity entitled the Unified United States Common Law Grand Jury seeking to have the Court file on this docket its papers regarding the proceedings in this case. However, as this entity is not a party to this case, the documents shall not be filed on the docket. Should this entity wish to open its own case in this Court, it is recommended the entity follow the procedures in the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure for initiation of a case.
Treason!

Worse yet, we don't get to laugh at it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Who is the "Unified United States Common Law Grand Jury", are they on our radar?
notorial dissent

The real comedy, if you want to be generous and call it that, is the libel KKKlayman through his local sockpuppet has filed for the recusal of the current judge, "she's mean and awful and won't grant me PHV and stuffs", some really vile stuff in there masquerading as a legal filing. Even for KKKlayman a new low.

That particular collection of crazy, the CLGJ is the brainchild :sarcasmon: of Johnny "Two Names" Darash Vidurek out of New York, it was going to be the coming thing, whole lot of MYTHology about how common law grand juries are a constitutional right and supersede everything else(regular courts) and can be judge and jury and stuffs, even drag the late Supreme Court Justice in as an authority. Basically a scam. The only real effort that got any publicity was in FL when one of their dimmer cannon fodder tried to hijack a real grand jury and when that failed created his own and indited just about everyone he didn't like and then filed the "inditements" with his local county court, and for some reason :sarcasmon: the court, and well the state too when it came down to it, got all upset and purged his writs from the docket, and then indicted him for real on like 14 felony counts of fake process and impersonating an officer. Fool is like 70 years old and is working on turning something that could be a slap on the wrist into a life sentence, for reals. The saga is going to, hopefully, come to a crashing conclusion June 6 when he gets REAL court time in front of a REAL judge and JURY and not the pretend Denny's one he was leading. His real lawyer has filed some amazing bit of lawyering, not quite on par with Orly Taitz, but working at it.

If anyone is interested, and has a day or two to waste or else reads real fast, there are some fairly long and detailed threads over on Fogbow detailing the above mentioned comedy.

Johnny "Two Names" Vidurek CLGJ
Terry Trussell saga
Last edited by notorial dissent on Sun May 29, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited to add links
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

More analysis of the machinations around separate trials

http://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/bund ... ndoff-case
Bundy and eight other defendants want separate trials, and three of his sons, Ammon, Ryan and Dave, want to be tried together. They are trying to persuade their brother Mel Bundy, who seeks a separate trial, to join them, according to court papers filed over the last two weeks.
notorial dissent

Mel is objectively the smartest of the bunch, and that is damning with faint praise. I can't for the life of me figure out what possible good it would do to severe, and I can't imagine the prosecution or judge going for it, at least so far they haven't.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

This would be a good time for Judge Roy Bean (either ours or the original) to step in.

Well boys, the good news is i'm only giving you 5 years each. Bad news, you'll be serving your sentences in the feedlot with your cows. And an occasional bull.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

grixit wrote:This would be a good time for Judge Roy Bean (either ours or the original) to step in.

Well boys, the good news is i'm only giving you 5 years each. Bad news, you'll be serving your sentences in the feedlot with your cows. And an occasional bull.
It's a bit out of my jurisdiction. :wink:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Someone dumb it down for us. What does all this talk of separate trials mean.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Trial as a group has some risks, not the least of which are conflicting interests among the defendants and competing legal strategies among counsel. Another issue involves a defendant's right to refuse to testify in a joined case even if that testimony might benefit another defendant (a defendant cannot be compelled to testify in his or her trial but can be subpoenaed and compelled to testify in another trial). Also, having separate cases means the first case offers a preview of the viability of the witnesses and the rulings on motions for the subsequent defense teams.

I'm sure our more experienced trial counsel 'round here can provide a more in-depth rationale, but then again, when it comes to the Bundy Bunch, not much would surprise me.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I think another reason would be a defendant who may have a weaker case would seek a separate trial so that he or she avoids the splatter of guilt that could come from a jury who would find against his/her co-defendants.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff