Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Pox
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Post by Pox »

notorial dissent wrote:What a load of over ripe codswallop.
What is?

Wot you said :shrug:
Fearnchase
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Fearnchase »

afateworsethandeath wrote:I remember someone much earlier in this thread posting that when you call POE on his mobile he answers using a different name. That is not the actions of a truthful, honest man
Yes ,here
Call me on 07482 615968 – text first
If anyone calls that number during the day just see which name he uses....
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Peter's rants against the banks remind me of Dan Aykroyd's sleazy toy dealer character from SNL. "My Bag O' Glass isn't a dangerous toy! It's got a warning label on it. It teaches children about prisms and stuff. Kids pick up broken glass all the time, I'm just giving them what they want. You want a dangerous toy, look at these wood blocks. I pick it up and - ah! Splinter! They're not sanded! This toy phone? The cord could get twisted around my neck, I fall backwards and [makes choking noises]"
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Mr. Smith has had a busy week. That rant about evil ombudsmen provides an almost perfect script for another Hitler parody. In my minds eye I see PoE thumping the keyboard, eyes swivelling, the screen spittle flecked as he pours out his impotent invective, Karen wisely popping out to the pub till the eruptions subside.

He does not take criticism well does he?

He must spend entire evenings deleting off-message posts on his FB page, poised with an electronic mallet like whack-a-mole as they pop up, barely having time to turn off the caps lock composing an ill thought out response. Seems the BBC are in his sights too after the R4 interview, that was weeks ago but clearly his rage as been on a slow burn, simmering away within him until today.

He's now gone a bit further than usual and deleted himself, heavily redacting the earlier delicious outpouring of rage leaving just the charred ashes of the earlier post.

To round things off the Q massive tumbles his amateur efforts around a novel contactless non payment card. Peter would be better off hiding behind a curtain scaring tin men, scarcrows and lions.

Wonderful entertainment.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

Don't want to speak too soon and certainly don't want to incite politics into this thread, but I can't wait to see Peter's reaction to what's looking like a Remain result for the referendum.

Another failed prediction from a man who talks to much and says too little. Clear an area on the floor for the rest of his toys...
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Zeke_the_Meek wrote:Don't want to speak too soon and certainly don't want to incite politics into this thread, but I can't wait to see Peter's reaction to what's looking like a Remain result for the referendum.

Another failed prediction from a man who talks to much and says too little. Clear an area on the floor for the rest of his toys...
I think it's too soon to call the result. Barely any results are in yet.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

mufc1959 wrote:
Zeke_the_Meek wrote:Don't want to speak too soon and certainly don't want to incite politics into this thread, but I can't wait to see Peter's reaction to what's looking like a Remain result for the referendum.

I think it's too soon to call the result. Barely any results are in yet.
True enough, which is why I said "don't want to speak to soon" and "what's looking like a Remain result."

What results we do have suggest a marginal remain result, as backed up by latest poll data and the bookies odds/stock market (I'm aware they don't know any more than we do.)

Anyway, enough of this. It's all moot and we'll find out in a few hours - I'm just interested to see what the big man's reaction will be should it go against his bold proclamations.

EDIT: Whoops, just looked again and Leave has snook ahead. I'll STFU.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Whatever the outcome, it will be presented as the reason everyone needs to join WeRe Bank and get their payment cards immediately.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

TheNewSaint wrote:Whatever the outcome, it will be presented as the reason everyone needs to join WeRe Bank and get their payment cards immediately.
Yeah, that sounds like a fair analysis - Brexit? I TOLD YOU IT WAS COMING! Remain? WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU NEED THAT THE KABAL ARE AGAINST US!

Etc.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

I expect to see PoE as Chancellor of the Exchequer in the next Government.

As for me, just gobsmacked. I and my colleagues are watching the market screens - that we usually take no notice of as we're not involved in any kind of trading - and we all feel that this is likely to be disastrous for everyone, whether they voted in or out.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

On his FB, Peter crows abut getting his video prediction of Brexit correct. Strangely, he didn't publish this video until after the result came through, today. Surely, he didn't also make another video predicting a Remain victory, then simply publish the "correct" prediction?

No, I'm sure he wouldn't do that.
daveBeeston

Post by daveBeeston »

littleFred wrote:On his FB, Peter crows abut getting his video prediction of Brexit correct. Strangely, he didn't publish this video until after the result came through, today. Surely, he didn't also make another video predicting a Remain victory, then simply publish the "correct" prediction?

No, I'm sure he wouldn't do that.
Of course he wouldn't how dare you accuse the squeaky clean PoE of being capable of such a thing :sarcasmon:

As for the result the effects are going to be huge, i've already received calls this morning from venues i use in Germany,France and Spain telling me that they will probably cut back if not stop using my service entirely once we do leave the EU due to the added steps needed if work permits/visa's are reintroduced.So worse case for me is a loss of around 50% of my turnover and the loss of at least 20 Jobs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot,they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

My occasional EU funded forays to various European countries will also now cease. :(

Europe is fractious enough at present and this may accelerate the implosion of the EU. Whatever view we might have of Europe it is on our doorstep and won't go away.

Our predecessors have fought and died on that continent for the past 1,000 years involving themselves in many wars to prevent despotic hegemony or totalitarianism taking hold. We now appear about to retreat into Little Englanders (apologies to Scots/Welsh/NI readers), walling up the Chunnel. This can only make the region a less safe place to live.

And where am I going to find a decent plumber now?

Pointless Pete, for all his pontification and ranting is irrelevant in the light of Brexit.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

While there is going to be some short term uncertainty, and initial knee jerk reactions to this, I really believe not much will actually change. Is the EU really going to cut its nose to spite its face, so to speak. The UK is a huge marked for them, and currently there would be a lot to loose for those companies invested in the UK. I see similar treaties being negotiated, visa free travel, and aside from the costs associated with decoupling, and the potential impact it has in NI and Scotland, I really see things returning to the way they have been, for the last 40 years. Long term, this will just be a blip, and I don't believe it will really have much meaningful impact anyway. Export goods will still need to conform to EU rules, imports from the EU will do anyway. I am guessing government jobs (Civil Service) will increase short term, and those gains will counter knee jerk reactions from companies pulling out or cutting back due to the uncertainty. It will certainly be an interesting 2 years or so, and there will be an economic impact during this time, but at the end of the day, when all is said and done, I doubt there we be much substantial change from this, although the UK will reclaim its sovereignty, and will not be overseen by Brussels. I do believe what this may signal is the streamlining of the EU, as I believe other countries will soon follow the UK out of the EU, changing the EU forever, but perhaps pairing it back to a more workable association, rather than a governing body.

Time will tell, but I think this is getting to overtly political, and I think we may want to have a bit of a reallignment, and return to the PoE issue at hand.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Has Peter used the drop in value of the GBP to argue that you should instead invest into a stable currency like the Re yet?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Jeffrey wrote:Has Peter used the drop in value of the GBP to argue that you should instead invest into a stable currency like the Re yet?
You mean stable in the sense that both pre- and post Brexit it's still worth a remarkably stable fuck all?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Being UK based and convertible to GBP at a fixed rate, any tumble in GBP will result in a huge tumble for Re.

Although, this may be a great opportunity, as you can convert your GBP to Re, Convert Re to Euro, and trade Euro for GBP. You can even use Dollars in this equation. So in effect, has not the drop in value in the Pound had a huge impact on WeRe bank, despite what PoE is saying?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Jeffrey wrote:Has Peter used the drop in value of the GBP to argue that you should instead invest into a stable currency like the Re yet?
his 'currency' is of negative value now.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

The currency isn't even stable in Peter's imagination. Just off the top off my head, 1 Re has been declared worth 1.0135 GBP (the conversion rate on the promissory note), 2 GBP (the conversion rate of terminal usage rental fees, as Chaos pointed out earlier this thread), and 4.8 minutes of labor (since apparently you can "claim" 12.5 Re per hour).
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

He's beating his chest about how great he is for having "predicted" the Brexit result - except that it's not exactly impressive given the 50/50 odds, and it's not a prediction if you post it AFTER the event.

Anyway, here's some more twaddle he's put on Youtube in the last few hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW6s_MLNJMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnkklSrnjHw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feVJmVw1FfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ULM0ULazYc

(as an aside, why does he keep calling his plastic crock of shit a Planetary Payment Card to be used on the 'planet'? This planet doesn't even have places that accept his currency, let alone any other known celestial body.)