Post by Ronnie J »

Off Topic
ForumWars
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Re: The DWB Case lost in Court

Post by ForumWars »

Off Topic
You can’t win, Darth. Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.:Axe:
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Off Topic
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
jasonDWB
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by jasonDWB »

Off Topic
ForumWars
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by ForumWars »

Off Topic
You can’t win, Darth. Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.:Axe:
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

deleted
Last edited by NYGman on Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Deleted by me, as it is off topic, and the other posts are now gone...

Just a reminder, no need to point out spelling mistakes, they are irrelevant to the discussion
Last edited by NYGman on Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Can we do as suggested and leave it now please. I have let the last post through as closure on this.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Ronnie J
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Ronnie J »

[Mod deletes stupid off-topic post. - WS]
longdog

Post by longdog »

Skeleton wrote:This is getting ridiculous, this squabble is now spread across at least three threads.

Do us all a favour and take it somewhere else.
Agreed... I have no idea who any of these people are or what it is they are arguing about and, given the childish and pathetic behaviour of the posters, I have no interest in finding out. :shrug:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Pox

Post by Pox »

Phew!

Have they gone now?

Can I come out from under the covers? :snicker:
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Only if I can borrow your login - a Pox on both their houses.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Pox wrote:Phew!

Have they gone now?

Can I come out from under the covers? :snicker:
:haha: :haha: :haha:
Pox

Post by Pox »

wserra wrote:Only if I can borrow your login - a Pox on both their houses.

You may, and with pleasure.

'on both their houses' - were there only two? Felt like loads of the blighters.
BHF
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by BHF »

Off Topic - not a good start
Angolvagyok
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Angolvagyok »

https://media.giphy.com/media/nLhdSinRtaL2E/giphy.gif

I know it's off-topic, feel free to delete, but it describes the last couple of days of quatloos pretty well. Good job, Arthur and WSerra, that must have been difficult.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

ForumWars wrote:As long as people are denied access to qualified resources, they will have to rely on unqualified ones. You can hardly blame the service providers for trying to fill a gap in the market so to speak, or accuse them of being "scammers".
This reminds me of a review I read about a gambling book: "90% of it is good advice, and 10% of it is bad. But it's impossible to tell which is which." Implying that you should avoid the book altogether.

I'm sure some people in this line of work are ethical, competent, fair, and do their best to help their clients. But an industry with no regulation, no professional standards, and no protection for victims is going to attract scammers. And consumers have no way to tell which is which. Those who wish to provide legitimate services of this type will always be faced with the negative perception of the field as a whole. It is inherent to the line of work they have chosen for themselves.

And I have no problem calling the likes of GOODF scammers. Their very name, "Get Out Of Debt Free", announces the scam: that they can cancel legitimate debts where the debtor has received value, and where the lender has every right to expect repayment. They provide nothing but failed, stupid, useless, copycat, cockamamie theories. They turn manageable problems into massive debt, jail, and homelessness. They waste valuable judicial resources, which contributes to the problem of there not being enough court time and professional counsel for everyone. This forum is replete with stories of this type.
Pox

Post by Pox »

Angolvagyok wrote:Good job, Arthur and WSerra, that must have been difficult.
Ditto.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Don't know what has been going on recently and to be honest don't really care. :brickwall:

Can Jason and whoever it is that has a hardon for him, please just book a hotel room and sort out your mutal urges and just get it on. I am sure you will both make a lovely couple. :whistle:

As for the rest of us, can we get back to taking the piss out of the Crawfrauds, the two mickeys, Colon, Love a pint taylor and co :shrug:

On a more serious note, come on grow up the mods have better things to do with their time than deal with your lovers tiff.
ForumWars
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by ForumWars »

TheNewSaint wrote:
ForumWars wrote:As long as people are denied access to qualified resources, they will have to rely on unqualified ones. You can hardly blame the service providers for trying to fill a gap in the market so to speak, or accuse them of being "scammers".
This reminds me of a review I read about a gambling book: "90% of it is good advice, and 10% of it is bad. But it's impossible to tell which is which." Implying that you should avoid the book altogether.
Yes, that can be a problem when the average punter wouldn't know how to recognise the 10% that's bad.
TheNewSaint wrote: And I have no problem calling the likes of GOODF scammers. Their very name, "Get Out Of Debt Free", announces the scam: that they can cancel legitimate debts where the debtor has received value, and where the lender has every right to expect repayment. They provide nothing but failed, stupid, useless, copycat, cockamamie theories. They turn manageable problems into massive debt, jail, and homelessness. They waste valuable judicial resources, which contributes to the problem of there not being enough court time and professional counsel for everyone. This forum is replete with stories of this type.
I thoroughly disagree with their methods because they are not based on actual statute or case law. Was greatly surprised to see they even have their own TV program, although it's been a few years since I saw that on one of the Sky channels. I'm not sure they could be considered scammers though, not if they don't charge for their services. I don't think they do, they only ask for donations.