EJ Phelps - lobotomizing the faithful

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Quartermass
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

EJ Phelps - lobotomizing the faithful

Post by Quartermass »

Well here is one of the (likely many) factories stamping out new SovCits. The foreskin (err...foreman) is a guy named Eric Jon Phelps and he looks to be a total nutbag. He's charging thousands of FRNs (I thought those were funny money though) to demolish whatever common sense these people might have left (precious little if they are taking his word as gospel I'd wager). I guess the faithful have yet to spin their straw men into pure gold bullion yet so FRNs are all the poor souls have.

http://247worldradio.com/private-citizenship-course/

Unfortunately my wife has taken to going to his 'seminars' which feature 3-inch binders full of unintelligible garbage. I thought they stopped lobotomizing people years ago until I flipped through some of this stuff. I can tell you one thing at least, if this movement gets much bigger I will buy major stock in every hyphen manufacturer out there.

This guy looks like a hater and conspiracy monger of the first order to boot. It is nice to see that at least some filings are rejected for being "voluminous and indecipherable" but unfortunately that hasn't caught on as much as it should.

http://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20FDC ... v.%20OBAMA

Anyone know more about this guy from a SovCit perspective?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: EJ Phelps - lobotomizing the faithful

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"The author makes no claims or guarantees as to your success when using the process taught in this course. The seminar is taught for historical and informational purposes only. The user of this process is solely responsible for his success or failure if involved in any legal or equitable procedure whatsoever."

Okay, then. What the eff am I paying for, then, if what Phelps charges obscene amounts of those disgusting FRNs to deign to teach us has no warranty of success? If I'm a sovrun Preamble citizen of the united States, I'm not the least bit interested in "historical and informational purposes". I wanna beat the IRS!
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Amazed that her can fill 3 days from 8:30-7:00 with a one hour lunch break, twice, once for the starter and once for the advanced class. And to top it off, charge a combined 3,350 FRN for the privilege of sitting through it all.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

And we used to Werner Erhard's operations were preposterous.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:"The author makes no claims or guarantees as to your success when using the process taught in this course. The seminar is taught for historical and informational purposes only. The user of this process is solely responsible for his success or failure if involved in any legal or equitable procedure whatsoever."
That's the written version. The verbal claims are another matter entirely.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

In the initial message, the second link (the one to leagel) is to the decision in the case of Eric Jon PHELPS v. OBAMA (M.D. Penn. Jan. 8, 2016). The leagel link seems very slow to load; here is a faster loading version of the same decision:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case ... 2913062459

I am not sure this is the same guy but: In 1989 the Penn. Superior Court threw out the appeal by an Eric J. Phelps against a sentence of a $100 fine and a jail term of up to one year for a (undescribed) misdemeanor and three traffic offenses, on Phelps's argument that he was, somehow, immune to the laws because he had relinquished "all property rights" to the State of Pennsylvania. Commonwealth v. Eric J. Phelps (1989) 388 Penn.Super 624, 566 A2d 303, petit.den (Penn.Supm. 1990) 525 Penn 663, 583 A2d 793, cert.den (1991) 498 US 1088.