WAKEFEST

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

exiledscouser
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: WAKEFEST

Post by exiledscouser »

letissier14 wrote:Image
Crikey. Just for a moment there I thought they'd scored some top-flight entertainment in one of the best Ska band ever - what a coup!

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

So 50,000 members, permission sought for 350 people and 35 turn up. Here have an apt smilie: :brickwall:
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

exiledscouser wrote:Crikey. Just for a moment there I thought they'd scored some top-flight entertainment in one of the best Ska band ever - what a coup!

Hardly, Buster Bloodvessel has some talent and is better looking.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
So 50,000 members, permission sought for 350 people and 35 turn up. Here have an apt smilie: :brickwall:
20 of those 35 who turned up were Admin and health and safety :haha: :haha:
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Pox

Post by Pox »

letissier14 wrote:
According to the blurb on this - http://www.eventgoat.co.uk/bishop-auckl ... fest-2016/, the venue itself cost £900 to hire.

If only they had asked I could have let them rent my field for a better rate and if they asked REALLY nicely, I would delay the muck spreading until they had gone. (maybe :thinking: )

And according to the Facebook page, 2500 were invited, 518 said they were interested and 246 said they were going.

Maybe 211 folks were put off by the change of venue or maybe, as one commentator said, he would rather watch paint dry (in a tin).

https://www.facebook.com/events/786374894796821/
Last edited by Pox on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pox

Post by Pox »

letissier14 wrote:
That makes sense - most of them need a (child) minder aka H&S official
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

I love the questions about Wakefest ticket allocation before it started, plus BTBAB announcement that all tickets had been issued. Buy my favourite question goes to the person who asks if wakefest will be as big as Pride or Vfest (though I'm pretty sure that question was a wind up) :haha:

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Looks like a cold, sorry, sodden, mess to me. Their logistics and counting ability is absolutely mind boggling. I think watching the paint dry would have been infinitely more enjoyable. I'd say flAKEFEST was a resounding ......
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pox

Post by Pox »

When the post mortem examination happens (and I am sure it will) there will be plenty of ' would have attended but ............).

Not many will have the guts to say, 'Thanks, but no thanks'.

Roll on next year.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Even my bus ride home from London with no aircon seemed more enjoyable than this appeared to be. Even with having to provide my own entertainment for the most part.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

I don't see the point in mocking their party, though of course the fact that they were predicting 50,000 and ended up with what looks like well short of 50 is amusing and hence worthy of comment. I'm sure they had a good time and good luck to them for it.

What confuses me is why they had to make out that secrecy was so important. I'm also impressed how deeply they feel the need to demonstrate their disdain for us. Along with the need to cloak their activities in secrecy they surely exhibit a deep fear of the facts we throw at them. If they're so sure of their position why don't they invite the Quatloos Debating and Education Squad to attend for a formal debate? I'm sure they wouldn't get off their faces and resort to violence when their ideas are ripped to shreds with facts and reason. After all, as we can see from their group photo, they're all about love.
Colin123
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Colin123 »

letissier14 wrote:Hilarious drunken video threat from a senior admin member of btbab from Wakfest

https://www.facebook.com/colin.potter.7 ... 438311684/ :haha: :haha:

Being the "Potter" that was the subject of Carl's rant, Sorry but I say "F**k" you you idiot

If you are reading this Carl Cuntingham, Wankfest was a joke, You are a joke and BTBATB is a joke :-)
Pox

Post by Pox »

YiamCross wrote:I don't see the point in mocking their party, though of course the fact that they were predicting 50,000 and ended up with what looks like well short of 50.
I think they predicted 350 attendees according to the notice to Bolton Council which is why the allocation of tickets was strictly limited.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Pox wrote:
I think they predicted 350 attendees according to the notice to Bolton Council which is why the allocation of tickets was strictly limited.
They started a lot higher and were still talking thousands when they were applying with estimates of low hundreds. Assuming they issued all 350 tickets it was a pretty poor turnout which in itself says a lot about what people really think of them.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yes, but when it comes right down to it, can you really believe ANYTHING they say. They claim to have run out of tickets, and yet they had barely a handful in attendance. I'd still like to know how or if they actually paid for their rent and insurance under those conditions.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

YiamCross wrote: What confuses me is why they had to make out that secrecy was so important. I'm also impressed how deeply they feel the need to demonstrate their disdain for us. Along with the need to cloak their activities in secrecy they surely exhibit a deep fear of the facts we throw at them. If they're so sure of their position why don't they invite the Quatloos Debating and Education Squad to attend for a formal debate? I'm sure they wouldn't get off their faces and resort to violence when their ideas are ripped to shreds with facts and reason. After all, as we can see from their group photo, they're all about love.
Because they need an enemy. They need a group who they can point to and say, when this went wrong it was the fault of these people and not because of what we told you to do. Although there is something rather strange about a secret society that seems to be devoted to bringing down secret societies and is very selective about who gets to join its ranks because they don't want anyone who might be in a secret society in their secret society.

Which makes them kind of the ultimate secret society in my book, once they get the funny handshake sorted out.
Warning may contain traces of nut
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Did any of the musicians, comedians, balloon twisters, or armpit honkers they were trying to book actually show up?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

After the original venue was cancelled, btbab admin tried to blame it on trolls, shills and government agents trying to get the festival cancelled.

Gordon Hewitt emailed the original venue and this is their response printed in full

Copy of email from I have revived from Stanhope show..... I asked for an official response for the reason wake fest arranged by beat the banks and bailiffs was cancelled on them.

Gordon,

I am only going to go into brief details as I don't have the time to get into detailed dialogue.

BTB booked the Stanhope Showfield for the bank holiday weekend and I agreed and took a 10% deposit of £90. I must stress I have only taken over doing the bookings this year.

When I informed the chairman and the committee they told me that I should not have taken the booking as it was too near to our annual show date and the ground would not have time to recover.

They told me to cancel the booking and refund the £90 deposit. BTB were not happy and made threats to take us to court but I just told them to get on with it and have not heard anything back.

As far as licences go the showfield has an alcohol, late night refreshment and entertainment licence.

Regards

Richard

SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

How much damage to a field can 10 people do???
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I don't buy that explanation. Their annual show is September 10 - two full weeks after Wankfest. There's no way the ground needed that much time to recover, even accounting for BTBATB's inflated attendance projections, and the slovenliness of its attendees. Furthermore, venue blackout dates are set far in advance, and well known to everyone who works there. Booking an event on one would be a major institutional error.

I suspect the Stanhope ground simply didn't want BTBATB's business, and this explanation is just a polite way of brushing that off.