Bones
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Post by Bones »

https://www.facebook.com/thegreatbritis ... geswindle/
Michael O'Bernicia
23 hrs ·

We are delighted to announce that tickets are now on sale for the Manchester premiere of The Great British Mortgage Swindle, which will take place at The Moston Small Cinema in North Manchester, at 3pm on Sunday the 18th of December 2016.

The screening of the film will be followed by a Q&A session with myself and Michael O'Deira, during which we will endeavour to simplify the process of applying to the Land Registry to cancel a void and illegal mortgage.

Since we already have 20 tickets reserved and there are only 70 seats available, would all those who have already expressed an interest in attending please book your tickets at the link below as soon as you are able.
" we will endeavour to simplify the process of applying to the Land Registry to cancel a void and illegal mortgage."

Neither of them have had any success and have lost a number of their own properties and those of friends and family.. So how in the how are they going to explain a process which they themselves, have been unable to do ?

One thing that I find very telling is that Michael has not once through out all these years of claiming success on this matter has been able to post one shred of evidence. It took him nearly two years to post a link to his case on his own website after claiming it as a win, when in reality the judgement went against him and his family.

Instead of encouraging people to read it for themselves, he preferred to tell his version which was and continued to be very different to the truth (wow sounds so much like Tom)
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Bones wrote:

" we will endeavour to simplify the process of applying to the Land Registry to cancel a void and illegal mortgage."

Neither of them have had any success and have lost a number of their own properties and those of friends and family.. So how in the how are they going to explain a process which they, themselves have been unable to do ?
Read carefully what he wrote:
simplify the process of applying to the Land Registry
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Bones wrote:
Michael O'Bernicia

We are delighted to announce that tickets are now on sale for the Manchester premiere of The Great British Mortgage Swindle, which will take place at The Moston Small Cinema in North Manchester, at 3pm on Sunday the 18th of December 2016.

The screening of the film will be followed by a Q&A session with myself and Michael O'Deira, during which we will endeavour to simplify the process of applying to the Land Registry to cancel a void and illegal mortgage.
You called it:
Bones wrote:I can't wait for the property chamber to reach a decision (that is even if they really are and it isn't just another lie to sell tickets for his crappy documentary)
Bones

Post by Bones »

Good to see that Michael has at last admitted that his documentary is just a money making scheme

https://www.facebook.com/AnarchoFilmProductions/
In simple terms, since no venue will be booked until all costs are covered in advance [at which point a hire fee will be paid in full to the cinema]; and the need for marketing spend is all but eradicated using online tools and word of mouth;the parties concerned are significantly limited and the potential for returns is greatly increased.

4. Everybody benefits from the increased returns from the theatrical release of the film, which is also utilised to promote the release across other media; as well as the dramatically reduced marketing budget required, which further increases the net returns.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

Anyone care to speculate on the return of money paid for advanced ticket sales if not enough are sold to cover the venue booking?
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, they can always do it the footl way and pay by card and then have the bank reverse the charge. They seem to think they can do that for everything else, so why not this?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

In simple terms, since no venue will be booked until all costs are covered in advance
Which will be never.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Bones wrote:Good to see that Michael has at last admitted that his documentary is just a money making scheme

https://www.facebook.com/AnarchoFilmProductions/
In simple terms, since no venue will be booked until all costs are covered in advance [at which point a hire fee will be paid in full to the cinema]; and the need for marketing spend is all but eradicated using online tools and word of mouth;the parties concerned are significantly limited and the potential for returns is greatly increased.

4. Everybody benefits from the increased returns from the theatrical release of the film, which is also utilised to promote the release across other media; as well as the dramatically reduced marketing budget required, which further increases the net returns.
Everybody benefits?

He sounds like a politician who is keen on keeping his portfolio above the negative......one must wonder

:mouthshut:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

notorial dissent wrote:Well, they can always do it the footl way and pay by card and then have the bank reverse the charge. They seem to think they can do that for everything else, so why not this?
Or pay by Re. :snicker:
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

What I find interesting is O'Bernicia's total aversion to spending money without ironclad guarantees it will be recouped. The motion picture industry doesn't work like that, buddy. Being cheap doesn't increase net returns, it decreases them, because he's not spending on things that movies need to be successful.

Like, you know, a theater to show the movie in. Booking a venue only costs a couple hundred bucks. Really, he can't front that? He expects people to buy tickets without knowing when and where (or if) the movie will be shown? He expects word of mouth to do all the work of promoting it, for free? That's like saying "the need for gasoline is all but eradicated by having my friends get out and push." Marketing is a necessary expense of a film, if you want anyone outside your circle of friends to watch it. Geez.

I'm also intrigued by his statement that "everybody benefits", about something that isn't a group effort as far as I know. Is the quoted statement aimed at donors or investors? If so, they shouldn't be impressed with this. They shouldn't be impressed that the person they gave their money to won't advance the tiniest amounts of it to give the project a chance of success. And if their money isn't being spent on basics like advertising and theater rental, then where is it going?

This guy desperately needs to hire a competent PR person, but I'm sure he'd view that as "decreasing the net returns." :roll:
notorial dissent

Is there actually really a movie or some such that could be shown in theaters. I seriously doubt that OWahhh has the ready to process and reproduce a bit of 8mm let alone real movie film and I seriously doubt he even has enough to rent a theater for people to not come to see his magnum opus. The man is a lunatic and a liar.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

notorial dissent wrote:Is there actually really a movie or some such that could be shown in theaters. I seriously doubt that OWahhh has the ready to process and reproduce a bit of 8mm let alone real movie film and I seriously doubt he even has enough to rent a theater for people to not come to see his magnum opus. The man is a lunatic and a liar.
I can believe that the movie exists. There have been reports of past screenings, and their website lists tickets for sale at movie theaters in London and Manchester. Consumer-grade cameras, computers, and software are powerful enough that almost anyone can make a movie nowadays. Having said that, it'll still cost you a few grand, a price tag that seems out of range given his trepidation at theatre rental costs. It sounds like he's running the ol' Max Bialystock scam, with no chance that the failed production will be unintentionally hilarious.
longdog

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote:Is there actually really a movie or some such that could be shown in theaters. I seriously doubt that OWahhh has the ready to process and reproduce a bit of 8mm let alone real movie film and I seriously doubt he even has enough to rent a theater for people to not come to see his magnum opus. The man is a lunatic and a liar.
The days when cinemas actually projected real 35mm film are drifting into ancient history, Digital distribution of films is far cheaper than film and the vast majority of cinemas in the UK are now entirely digital.

Whether or not Waugh has or has the means of producing a JPEG2000 video file capable of being projected at a cinema is another issue entirely and I very much doubt he has.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent

While I will grant the possibility, dim though it may be, that there actually is a film, considering that O'Wahh is an inveterate liar, has he ever really consistently told the truth about much of anything?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I have stumbled upon what seems to be a complete copy of The Great British Mortgage Swindle:

http://goldengist.com/view/the-great-br ... Pik0pvgxzk

I downloaded the highest-quality version of the movie from that link, and it appears to be the entire movie. (Also, it didn't fill my computer with malware, that I know of. But do exercise caution.)

I have only skimmed the video so far, but I can give the following synopsis of the movie:

1. Opening credits.
2. Imagery of sheep.
3. Rob B. of Dignity Alliance introduces O'Bernicia.
4. O'Bernicia speaks for one hour.
5. O'Bernicia changes shirts.
6. O'Bernicia speaks for another hour.

That's it.

The Great British Mortgage Swindle is nothing but a two-hour recording of O'Bernicia giving a speech.

There's no storyline, no other speakers, no interspersed clips of evictions or court cases, no crowd shots, and barely any graphics. There aren't even any edits in it! There are occasional jump cuts and dissolves, where you can see they skipped ahead, but the entire two-hour speech is filmed from one camera. Which O'Bernicia isn't looking at 90% of the time.

You don't even get the feeling that the audience is interested. There's a lot of coughing and shuffling of chairs. O'Bernicia is not an engaging speaker, though he occasionally shows passion or elicits a laugh. But mostly, it's like watching a long, boring speech at an annual meeting.

I jumped around in the video, so it's possible I missed something interesting. But if I did, it was very short. And wouldn't have helped much.

According to the opening credits, the speech took place on June 28, 2015, at Ashton-In-Makefield. Also, it was mentioned upthread that O'Bernicia had to do significant editing to the movie. I don't know if this is the before or after version, or even how many versions there are total. But given what we know from this version, it doesn't seem worth digging any deeper.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

TheNewSaint wrote:I have stumbled upon what seems to be a complete copy of The Great British Mortgage Swindle:
No, sorry, I don't think that's the same thing. Michael OB has often given presentations called "The Great British Mortgage Swindle", and that's just one of them.

I can't see why people have doubt that there is a "real" film with interviews of Tom and others who have lost their homes after failing to pay mortgages, or whatever. Putting together such a film would hardly be rocket science, or a great achievement.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

littleFred wrote:No, sorry, I don't think that's the same thing. Michael OB has often given presentations called "The Great British Mortgage Swindle", and that's just one of them.
You could be right. I considered that, but it does have the same title graphic as in promotions of the movie, and some movie-style opening credits. If nothing else, O'Bernicia ought to better differentiate the actual movie from his previous efforts.
I can't see why people have doubt that there is a "real" film with interviews of Tom and others who have lost their homes after failing to pay mortgages, or whatever. Putting together such a film would hardly be rocket science, or a great achievement.
I agree. Again, consumer-grade gear is now sophisticated enough that almost anyone can put together a movie, with minimal skill. Plenty of ordinary schmoes have made conspiracy movies, the most famous being Loose Change. This is just another such film. Which is not to say any of them are good.

I'm reminded of good ol' Hal P. Warren. Warren was a fertilizer salesman from El Paso, Texas who believed that anyone could make a movie. In 1966, he made a bet with a Hollywood friend to that effect. Warren acquired all the equipment, hired actors, secured a location, and got to work. The resulting film was Manos: The Hands of Fate, widely considered one of the worst and most incompetent movies ever made. But it was a movie, so he won his bet.
Bones

Post by Bones »

This is a link to it but be warned, you need a strong cup of coffee, if you want to last until the end.

The Great British Mortgage Swindle
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Damn you, Bones. I fall for it every time. :lol:
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Michael claimed we were "days" away from a decision from the Land Registration Division of the First Tier Tribunal. Yet, after days, still nothing.

Yet him and the other Michael are pushing ahead within showing their documentary in London and Manchester - got to get as much money before people wake up to the cold hard fact that both Michael's are a pair of indiots trying to make money off them