George Tsigarides - The Stupid FOI archives

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

mufc1959
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: George Tsigarides - The Stupid FOI archives

Post by mufc1959 »

Not from George, but an equally bonkers FOIA request to HMRC.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-646078
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I love that they say "We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone" when in fact their members seem to be bent on abusing the process beyond all imagining, and making it difficult for real questions to get answered. I actually find it rather offensive and abusive.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

The Information Commissioners Officer (ICO) are getting wise to some of these vextatious FOI requests about council tax and Liability Orders. This decision from them outlines the position rather well:

https://ico.org.uk/media/action-weve-ta ... 600411.pdf

This is one of the requests referred to:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-478423

And this is another one:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-716998
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Whilst I am not opposed to Freedom of Information requests, I am opposed to the current implementation and subsequent burden on the organisations since they have actual work to be doing.

My solution would be that all requests should be sent firstly to the ICO to screen out the invalid/vexatious/timewaster requests. If it is deemed a legitimate request it could then be forwarded to the relevant department/authority to respond.
Also the deadline should be doubled to 40 working days.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Firthy2002 wrote:My solution would be that all requests should be sent firstly to the ICO to screen out the invalid/vexatious/timewaster requests. If it is deemed a legitimate request it could then be forwarded to the relevant department/authority to respond.
This is an outstanding idea. Create a team of government employees with the expertise to identify and respond to dubious FOI requests, regardless of what agency they are directed towards, then forward only those they really need to reply to. Would lead to better service all around.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Actually I think that's using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. The simple answer would be to insist all FOI requests be in writing and by post.

The internet in general is a nutter-magnet and for things like this it's clearly not the most appropriate method. I'm pretty sure at least half of these vexatious nutters only make their requests because it's easy and free. Having to actually write a letter, buy a stamp and an envelope and walk to the post-box would probably be way too much effort for them.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
#six

Post by #six »

One option I would suggest. Only allow FOI requests where their Council Tax is paid up to date and then cross reference the requesters name against the Electoral Role.
#six

Post by #six »

They really should not have replied like this. George has the answer he was looking for without realising it isn't the answer he was looking for

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-585644
Dear Mr Tsigarides

Thank you for your email of 26 September in response to Mrs Michelle Jones’s letter of 11
August.

I am sorry that you had to further contact us about this matter. I can confirm that vehicles
have been de-registered.

I should explain that only new vehicles can be considered for de-registering. The
application to request a de-registration must be made within 7 days of the date of first
registration. There is also a strict criteria to follow before authorisation is given to de-
register any vehicle.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

To deregister a vehicle, use form V996. Simples.

But Mr Tsigarides and similar idiots won't bother reading the simple form and the guidance notes on the back. It won't do what he wants.

Of course, he doesn't say what he wants, 'cos that would spoil his fun. The first answer he got correctly interpreted his intent.
#six

Post by #six »

I looks like we may be looking forward to George having his car seized in the future

:beatinghorse:
I note what you say, and I draw comfort to the fact that the Acts of Parliament do not apply to living breathing men and women living on this land of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

If this is not the case, I am sure you will be more than happy to confirm this.

I am pretty sure though, that you will not address this point at all - and are likely to call it 'frivolous' - which off course we all know it is not - as it goes to the heart of the matter.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

The concept that acts of Parliament don't bind "breathing, living, people" is absurd. Especially because a part of the myth surrounding it is to declare yourself alive and not lost at sea, because otherwise an act of Parliament would declare you dead, which it couldn't do because it doesn't apply to breathing, living people.

I mean who do they think Parliament is making all these acts for? What do they think the purpose of government is? Why do the courts interpret and enforce the acts of Parliament?
Warning may contain traces of nut
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

It would seem our old friend George has recently discovered Facebook. He's quite busy. He's shared a conspiracy meme literally every few minutes for the last hour. I kid you not, every couple of minutes.

Prepare for more fails....

notorial dissent

New bright and shiny. Maybe this will keep him distracted and occupied and he will leave the authorities alone for a while. He can at least rant and rave of FB and not really bother anyone.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

"I live completely off the grid," he said. On Facebook. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Pox

Post by Pox »

TheNewSaint wrote:"I live completely off the grid," he said. On Facebook. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
He is completely off something but it may not just be the grid.
longdog

Post by longdog »

To be honest I think George has missed the point of the meme he's posted. The point being the only people who live 'off the grid' and do all the other things... Are squirrels :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent

But but but, he is a squirrel, or at the very least a nut.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

George has awoken from his FOI slumber. This time he seems to have foreigners in his sights. Not quite sure where's he's going with this one. I suspect he's trying to class himself as stateless to avoid tax, or some other hair brained scheme?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _foreign_e

He's also started chasing up his doomed HMRC requests. I guess he doesn't quite understand that being branded vexatious has slammed that door firmly in his face.

:beatinghorse:
notorial dissent

George never seems to manage to disappoint. I would suspect that part of the answer is going to be NO, and that the rest is beyond the scope of our information available. I suspect that SteveUK's guess as to his latest purpose is spot on. He won't like the answer whatever it is.