BTBATB...Beat the Bailiffs and the Banks...IS worse than GOODF!!

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

letissier14
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: BTBATB...Beat the Bailiffs and the Banks...IS worse than GOODF!!

Post by letissier14 »

Another success :snicker:

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

letissier14 wrote:Image
In other words she really brassed off one of the "real" site bosses. Bet they had a bit of a set to in in her usual gracious and pleasant style in PM's when someone, or maybe even several someones, told her to tone it down a bit. Doesn't do to run the suckers off and lose your adoring and very dim public.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
notorial dissent

The level of sheer, unadulterated, self destructive S T U P I T displayed in those msgs is just astounding. I loved the advice that since it VERY obviously HADN'T worked for her in court, and the judge told her it hadn't worked and why it hadn't worked, so she'll go and use the "new" and "improved" :snicker: letters on the next debt collector, it is sure to work the next time. :haha: It's NOT that the letters don't work, it is that the headings on them are wrong, unbelievable. Anywhere else you'd say how do these people function in society, here, it is overwhelmingly obvious they don't.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

notorial dissent wrote:
letissier14 wrote:Image
In other words she really brassed off one of the "real" site bosses. Bet they had a bit of a set to in in her usual gracious and pleasant style in PM's when someone, or maybe even several someones, told her to tone it down a bit. Doesn't do to run the suckers off and lose your adoring and very dim public.
Reading between the lines which is always difficult in a lie infested group I think there is bit more to it, their were a few rumours a while back that unnamed admin were charging for the useless information they provide and my guess is that is the root cause of her dismissal.

Sadly I cant screenshot on this but the many replies to that post have one common theme. The vast majority are not lamenting her departure, far from it. Now she's gone and can't ban people the real feelings toward her are pouring out. A couple of Admin have tried to douse the flames of hate toward her, but that just made the frenzy worse, so instead they locked the comments.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
notorial dissent

If the public postings she made were any indication then I would bet the feelings are running hot. Imagine that, a GOODFy preying on other GOODFys, what a concept??? :haha: Actually, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Such a convivial concerned and caring group.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Amanda said her creditor knocked 800 off the total, and will let her pay in installments. That seems pretty generous for someone who tried to escape that debt by sending GOOFY letters and a fee schedule.
notorial dissent

The question is, is she telling the truth and will she follow through? That is the question.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

There does appear to be a rumour going around that money was exchanged for advice, though not been confirmed yet, which if true would make this comment from a while back very ironic.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

notorial dissent wrote:The question is, is she telling the truth and will she follow through? That is the question.
Based on Amanda's comments, I think it's possible. PRA made her a pretty generous offer, which suggests some contrition and willingness to settle on her part. She said she "might" try the letters again, and her comments hint that she's not totally buying what BTBATB is telling her. Especially their lame attempts to blame her for the failure of the 3 letters. (So, the three letters become outdated and stop working between when you send them and when the court case happens? This seems like a fatal flaw in the scheme.) And her more incisive comments like "the judge said I owe the debt and that you guys don't know the law" got no response at all.
notorial dissent

Almost like they'd completely ignored the comment altogether in the hopes it would go away if they did.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

letissier14 wrote:There does appear to be a rumour going around that money was exchanged for advice, though not been confirmed yet, which if true would make this comment from a while back very ironic.

Carl Cunningham Nope, no unblocking of previous blocked people will happen, plus there is not likely to be any new additions to the group till at least the new year... however if anyone who is not in the group has been fleeced by her or ny of us.... thee is plenty of other places on FB where they can make their claims, which will get our attention, which will then get investigatyed!
Like · Reply · 1 · 4 hrs
Peter Good
Peter Good fleeced?
Like · Reply · 2 hrs
Would appear that is exactly what has occurred according to Mensa candidate Carl. Did think it was odd certain members of the Admin group all appeared to have Personal issues and all went to sort out it out in one go. Tracey Barber for one is AWOL. This could get interesting as being the type of people they are, if someone has been fleecing members they will in time name and shame them, it is in their nature.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

if anyone who is not in the group has been fleeced by her or ny of us.... thee is plenty of other places on FB where they can make their claims, which will get our attention, which will then get investigatyed!
Nice customer service. "We're sorry you were ripped off by one of our admins, and later banned from the group. You were probably banned by the same admin, who was trying to hide what they'd done, but that doesn't strike us as a reason to consider reinstating you. Feel free to complain in any of the millions of places on Facebook where we'll never see it. Only then will we investigate your claim, even though we already have enough proof to ban a long-standing mod for it."
notorial dissent

Such caring concerned people.....
Bones

Post by Bones »

letissier14 wrote:Apparently she also had a heart attack recently, so they say.
Was the heart attack before or after she was caught ?

At least we know how she afforded all that pizza now

Interesting they say about being fleeced also by other members of admin (I wonder if other admin are annoyed as they didn't get a share)

Freetards financially ripped off by freetard wannabe guru's - shocker !!!1! :violin:
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

In any sane world, this scandal would be the end of BTBATB. If it's true that admins were secretly charging fees for free advice, that is a grotesque violation of the users' trust in the group. Trust is a necessary element to any kind of financial relationship. Even if the advice on that site was 100% correct, why would you ever trust these people to act in your best interests?

Sadly, it won't be. I'm sure right now there are members of BTBATB writing posts that they accept these pathetic explanations and non-solutions to this situation. They will continue to stake their financial futures on people who tolerated fraud and abuse, and then did nothing to make it right. They will continue to see BTBATB as the fighting the good fight against the forces of evil - you know, organizations who want only to be repaid per the terms of their loan agreement.

Madness. Utter madness.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

The latest scam they are advertising over btbab

Get in debt with SKY TV, then email them telling them you want to cancel because of your debt or rejoin if you've been cut off, but can't afford to pay the debt owing. Sky in their desperation for customers will wipe the debt and let them start all over again

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

letissier14 wrote:The latest scam they are advertising over btbab

Get in debt with SKY TV, then email them telling them you want to cancel because of your debt or rejoin if you've been cut off, but can't afford to pay the debt owing. Sky in their desperation for customers will wipe the debt and let them start all over again
There's a grain of truth to it, in that many subscription companies will offer discounts if you threaten to switch to another provider. "How to be frugal" type websites often tell you to work this angle.

But I can't imagine a company waiving debt without assurances they'll get paid the second time around, e.g. a deposit or some other up-front payment.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

TheNewSaint wrote:
letissier14 wrote:The latest scam they are advertising over btbab

There's a grain of truth to it, in that many subscription companies will offer discounts if you threaten to switch to another provider. "How to be frugal" type websites often tell you to work this angle.

But I can't imagine a company waiving debt without assurances they'll get paid the second time around, e.g. a deposit or some other up-front payment.
Ah yes the syscan winbacks. We would occasionally speak to these customers if they rang the general CS number instead of the one on the letter they received. Basically anyone whose account got debt cancelled might be sent a letter a couple of months after termination stating Sky would wipe off a percentage of the debt balance if they reactivated the account. And you were only eligible if you'd received a letter.

YMMV but generally for the "gimme a discount or I cancel" threat to work requires the following criteria:
a) you need to be a high value (i.e. premium) and/or longstanding customer (the former works better than the latter).
b) you need to not have been in receipt of a significant discount for at least 6 months (possibly longer depending on the provider) or a retention one for at least 12.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

One of Sky's KPI's with the stock exchange is ( or used to be, not sure if it still is ) the number of customers.

I worked as a Consultant for Sky a number of years ago, to examine their debt recovery processes, which basically, were a waste of time because one part of the organisation would restrict the viewing for an unpaid debt, whilst another would then ring up, offer them a new package if they would return as a customer.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

and so on - loads of them doing it